Justin Timberlake Revealed His True Colors to Me Before the Britney Spears Documentary by Ernest Owens

And this is also happens a lot when you're the only child your parents had. 

This happens alot, cos without siblings,  you're used to getting your way, manipulating, and being the favorite and if you're born from any parent that was the favorite kid, front of the line of all the grandkids and become the favorite and gets exactly what you want, cos it's only one kid, vs 2 to 3 grandkids in a family..

The problem here I think is that the “apology” NEVER would’ve happened if he wasn’t called out for his behavior. 

It wasn’t sincere. It was forced.

His first album wasn’t selling. He needed star power and he threw Britney under the bus to make it happen. It worked. It was at her cost but it worked. He didn’t care. Never said a word about it again. 

I believe in forgiveness. I believe in righting wrongs and second chances. I believe in those things when the apology is genuine. 

This was not that. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Great article! I imagined his anger with every word. Justin was always this person, and probably still is, the general public is just realizing this now apparently because the tides in the media have changed in terms of misogyny and cultural appropriation.

I have to say I like that Britney and Janet are now often said in the same sentence. Britney was always more of a Janet than a Madonna. A live performance/collab would be hot if the conditions were right.

I think I'm realizing too that Britney will be remembered much more than Justin will as far as her musical legacy and cultural impact. I'm still a Justin fan though.

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I respect your opinion. Please show me literally any example of where I was "pretty anti-Britney." It doesn't exist. I have always showed mad respect for Britney. 

By your logic there is nothing he can do. Is that right? If that's wrong, I'd love to hear what he should do instead that will suffice. And please keep in mind even if he did everything you want, it still won't satisfy others. I don't find it healthy to hold things against people in perpetuity. 

You're right. I fell trap into the clickbait garbage and I regret it. I apologized and learned from it. If you want to hold that against me forever that's your right, but that sounds low-key exhausting to me. Should we assume you haven't made any mistakes before? Or is it better to assume you've made mistakes privately where people can't throw it back in your face over and over. 

It's not fake woke/be nice anything. It's how I truly feel. If that feels fake to you, I suggest turning inward and asking yourself why. 

I say this with all due respect: I appreciate you visiting BH for 15 years. Truly. BH is my baby and anyone supporting it for 15 minutes or 15 years is greatly greatly appreciated from the bottom of my heart. With that said, that does not automatically give you a green light to constantly cast judgement on me. 

Jordan you're really going to sit there and act like you've never shaded her, or have done things that weren't in her favor?

You got particularly salty with people when you pushed the site away from being Britney based too.

The only reason I even mentioned it, is because of how adamant you are about defending Justin.

Speaking of Justin, an apology is nothing if it isn't sincere and that's just what this is. With how much time has passed and how he's constantly disrespected both of these women, it's like saying, I'm sorry for hitting you with my car and then laughing about how I got away with if for the next 15 years...

I'm not holding the Katy thing against you AT ALL, I just brought it up as a point that you've been shady before. The difference between you and Justin is I can tell that you were sorry for it. Plus it didn't take you over ten years to do it, and you did it of your own accord without constantly being called out to do so. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

But that said, now you have this persona of trying to be nice to everyone just doesn't feel honest. That has nothing to do with me, but what you've presented over time. Maybe you've changed, but after all these years to suddenly flip that switch? You can't really be surprised if someone questions it.

Also I want this to be crystal clear, I am not constantly judging you. You've received plenty of heart reacts from me and I'm sorry but I'm not always going to agree with you on everything. I respect the way you put yourself out there and I do feel bad for the way people attack you for no reason. This is not one of those times.

I'm not like the people on twitter who lash out at you for every single little thing, so please get that out of your head if that's how you feel about me. All I'm doing is questioning why you feel so strongly about defending him.

I don't like text because a lot of intention is missed and it's easy to misconstrue everything. I feel like you are under the assumption that I hate you or something and it couldn't be further from the truth.

• Like 1
On 2/19/2021 at 6:38 AM, Jordan Miller said:

I think it's important to stop and pause for a moment. Let me preface this by saying some of his past actions were terrible choices/mistakes. 

However, the documentary pointed out how we and the media treated Britney like ****. Are we going to learn from that? Cause right now it feels to me like we're going to hold JT accountable for his past (which he can never change) in perpetuity. It doesn't feel right. 

I recognize I'm also a privileged white male. 

I'm not saying how he treated Britney and Janet was right. It wasn't. But he's trying to move forward. Maybe he'll be brave enough to do an apology on video. But I fear even that won't suffice for people who are ready to tear him down no matter what. 

Does calling him scum, evil etc help anyone? Including the person saying it? 

Let's learn from the past and try and be compassionate towards others who we feel have done wrong. 

I thought of the same thing . I mean He is a human being and we are holding men accountable over the simplest mistakes . However , what he did to Britney past their break was just horrendous treatment and despicable. Him And timbaland were just over the moon by the negativity Britney was getting and they added more fuel and kicked her down even further. 

Remember at some point they " demanded an "apology" from her so they can "help her" with her comeback because "Only JT can bring her back" ? . I think he deserves this backlash . But the hate should be bigger towards Perez , a person whom was the biggest instrument in tarnishing Britney's image and the reason behind her getting into the C-ship. Not all bullies should be excused and let off the hook easy ,  Jordan.  

• Love 2

Evil and murderer are pretty unidimentional. A person can be truly awful and destructive without ever having killed another. To put it in a different way, evil has a thousand faces and sometimes it is entitlement, lack of empathy, exploitation, indifference. Beyond definitions, he has been far, far from exemplary. 

• Love 1

Honest Ernest. 
I can never understand the issue with cultural appropriation tho. If white ppl are not allowed to wear cornrows and produce jazz music (#justiceforlisasimpson) etc then Morgan Freeman should not be allowed in The Nutcracker which is based on like 1800s Russia and Will Smith should not play a genie in like Saudi Arabia; that’s culturally inappropriate right. Actually then they should have hired Russian and Bollywood actresses and actors only and all American actors and actresses should not be included. And people that don’t speak English natively should not be allowed to ever talk, read or sing in English right?

White privilege is bad and we need way more equality but cultural appropriation is borderline segregation and straight up weird. 

• Like 1

Things I would’ve respected more: 

If he had apologized within 10 years...

If he had made a public statement more about his actions and privilege and then divulged he had spoken to both Britney and Janet privately.

(And in the case of Britney he could’ve shown some support for her legal battle. And support Janet Jackson’s new album whenever that comes out) 

I think Britney and Janet finding out about this from other people is just so cringe!

Didn’t Mandy Moore point that out when Ryan Adams tried to say something in the press about being sorry for his abuse? She was like “this is the first I’m hearing of it. So what does that tell you about the type of person he is” 

he was not sorry to the individuals he was sorry to his public image. A joint Instagram statement is pathetic, waiting 20 years is pathetic. Britney and Janet are legendary for gods sake! They deserve more than a ******* note pad Instagram two for one special. Ugh! I really don’t like him. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
On 2/18/2021 at 2:38 PM, Jordan Miller said:

I think it's important to stop and pause for a moment. Let me preface this by saying some of his past actions were terrible choices/mistakes. 

However, the documentary pointed out how we and the media treated Britney like ****. Are we going to learn from that? Cause right now it feels to me like we're going to hold JT accountable for his past (which he can never change) in perpetuity. It doesn't feel right. 

I recognize I'm also a privileged white male. 

I'm not saying how he treated Britney and Janet was right. It wasn't. But he's trying to move forward. Maybe he'll be brave enough to do an apology on video. But I fear even that won't suffice for people who are ready to tear him down no matter what. 

Does calling him scum, evil etc help anyone? Including the person saying it? 

Let's learn from the past and try and be compassionate towards others who we feel have done wrong. 

You are so wise.... not.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block