Planning on watching the documentary tonight - opinions?

jonloch1

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

i had college yesterday and today 9-5 so needed to be up early

You still had like 11 days before that to watch it though. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:
No but I hope you enjoy it, I’ve seen it like three times already. There’s a lot of information to grasp but as stans, none of it was really new information. It really made me, and a lot of the general public, look at her life from a modernized lens through a different perspective/ insight and that was so great to see. My main biggest issue with the documentary was that it really deserved to be longer and some parts felt a little rushed. Other than that, it was a great analytical piece to see how the world was so invested in her personal life and how she was vilainized by many. The last 30 minutes is mostly just a brief dive into her conservatorship. I do think overall they left out some important stuff, not only about the conservatorship, but certain things about her legacy/work ethic/drive/talent that should have been noted. Anyway, hope you like it!

1 minute ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

You still had like 11 days before that to watch it though. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:
No but I hope you enjoy it, I’ve seen it like three times already. There’s a lot of information to grasp but as stans, none of it was really new information. It really made me, and a lot of the general public, to look at her story from a different perspective/ insight and that was so great to see. My main biggest issue with the documentary was that it really deserved to be longer and some parts felt a little rushed. Other than that, it was a great analytical piece to see how the world was so invested in her personal life and how she was vilainized by many. The last 30 minutes is mostly just a brief dive into her conservatorship. I do think overall they left out some important stuff, not only about the conservatorship, but certain things about her legacy that should have been noted. Hope you like it!

aw im in the UK mind so it only aired on Tuesday night over here [unless there was another way to watch it over here i dont know about]

Yeh, tbh i did sort of think there wouldnt be any new info which is why i wasnt  desperate  to watch it when it aired on Tuesday. Part of me feels like this documentary was just a way to make money again. i dunno, i just havent felt the urgency to watch it  

2 hours ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

I thought it was well done and I hadn't taken the Free Britney movement seriously enough until the documentary made me confront the situation. 

I'm glad it aired in the UK and I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to watch.

yeh im definately gunna watch it tonight. i just didnt wanna watch it on a night where i needed to be up early the next day

4 hours ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Lol there's no need to judge. I didn't watch it as soon as it came out. Also it's finally on a streaming service here in the UK (NOW TV), not to mention after it aired it kept getting taken down online. I was lucky to watch it on YouTube but I think it's been taken down from there since then.

Anyway to answer your question OP, it's well worth the watch. It's not necessarily for diehard fans, it was mainly aimed for the GP/casual fans who might not be aware of Britney's situation. However, it sums up the main points regarding the cship and why she was put into it in the first place and we get to hear from Felicia as well as some NYT journalists and a man who Britney tried to hire as her lawyer in 2008 (but was unsuccessful). It also looks at the media coverage of her (mainly during her breakdown) and her rise to fame. 

wow, ok ive just finished watching it. i found it really uncomfortable and upsetting. i never want to watch it again tbh

My thoughts, firstly Diane Sawyer should be ******* ashamed of herself. watching that interview with her was like a criminal being interrogated, and since when was it ok for a middle aged woman to ask a 22 year old about her breasts? and when she got upset when she asked her about justin, it was obvious that she couldnt give a **** what Britney was feeling. Diane owes  Britney a massive apology

Secondly, the bit that sent  shivers down my spine was when one of the people that worked for Britney said that Jamie said to her in the early days, 'im going to make a lot of money', what father says that about his own daughter?  i didnt even know he said that in the early days! isnt that just proof he always just cared about Britney making him a lot of money?

All the rest of the documentary, like GODNEY IS A QUEEN said wasnt anything new that we didnt know. i found it really hard reliving the 2007 footage. Just looking at all the photographers hounding her car reminded me how bad it was. and she nearly dropped Sean.........well no wonder. she had a **** load of photographers surrounding her and Sean, she could hardly bloody walk!

This doc was made for the general public & not stans (as far as information goes)- even though I found it quite enjoyable. I watched it multiple times & tears rolled out of my eyes in various parts. 
You really should enjoy it & perhaps even get emotional at some parts, but, I wouldn’t necessarily say it wasn’t anything we didn’t already know. 

On 2/21/2021 at 1:57 AM, jonloch1 said:

lol yeh, all in all as a britney stan, i found it very difficult to watch. didnt learn anything new tbh. bit of a pointless documentary

The fact that its been over two weeks since the documentary first aired and media/celebs/non fans are still talking about it suggest otherwise. 

This documentary has had a huge impact. For fans it may not have provided any groundbreaking new information, but for others it most certainly did. 

9 hours ago, rennen said:

The fact that its been over two weeks since the documentary first aired and media/celebs/non fans are still talking about it suggest otherwise. 

This documentary has had a huge impact. For fans it may not have provided any groundbreaking new information, but for others it most certainly did. 

yeh. i said as a Britney stan, it was a bit pointless. i do agree for the GP it has shed a light on the situation

Archived