The Circus Album That Could Have Been

By now we PRETTY MUCH have an idea of what 'Original Doll' sound/mood was going to be. Go online and there is a bunch of demos.

Did y'all ever notice that some of the leaked demos for Circus including some of the released songs have a common theme/sound. Something way different than the final outcome, was an idea scrapped? Did Womanizer change the whole direction of the album?

A lot of Demos and some of the released tracks have this retro vibe (50's/60's/70's) that I believe team Britney was going for, but maybe one of the more modern electro-pop songs like Womanizer, Mannequin, Trouble, and Phonography changed the whole thing up. Which may also explain the inclusion and single release of Radar...

Take a listen below to these tracks and write what you think, or if anyone knows tea that too

OMG I also have the same thinking - by judging the leaked, demos, and bonus tracks. I would be happy if Circus follow the retro vibes ala James Bond. It makes the era a lot more interesting. But I have to say that Womanizer is a banger and it will be no brainer to not release it as first single.

• Like 2

Not sure about the sound because I feel like everything about Circus was as rushed as BJ was, with the difference that Circus had M. Martin on the lead of his team. 

What I really feel is that the Circus theme was so great but poorly executed. The photoshoot was very meh, while it remains very soft and kinda childish I feel like it had a higher potential to be portrayed. 

The same goes to the Circus show, if you were a fan back then, Britney always had the best from the best, so my expectations were high. I expected some kind of Cirque Du Soleil kind of a show, very artistic, ofc choreography here and there but the artistry you can imagine when you hear CIRCUS is a little 'different' from what we got. 

• Like 2

This is a good point I’ve never noticed before :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure: Blackout had a similar-esque thing about it

Rebellion sampling a Mozart symphony

baby boy sampling a 50s/60s(?) song

Otis Redding tribute

Trouble intro (not to mention all of the Elvis themes with Gimme More in the original MV and the performance)

Britney is just an artsy gal. Femme Fatale was supposedly to go in a rock direction before Jive asked for changes, though we’ve never heard anything that really confirms this.

• Like 1

Every album under the c-ship seems to always have the original idea scrapped, and then they make a rushed new concept.:smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Sometimes I wonder what type of music Britney would have made if she had control, I guess she would have continued/evolved the In the Zone/Blackout sound.

I love the Circus album, but thatis mainly nostalgia speaking. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 12:39 PM, studlygeorge said:

This is a good point I’ve never noticed before :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure: Blackout had a similar-esque thing about it

Rebellion sampling a Mozart symphony

baby boy sampling a 50s/60s(?) song

Otis Redding tribute

Trouble intro (not to mention all of the Elvis themes with Gimme More in the original MV and the performance)

Britney is just an artsy gal. Femme Fatale was supposedly to go in a rock direction before Jive asked for changes, though we’ve never heard anything that really confirms this.

I think Femme Fatale went through many phases, we can hear the rock phase in some songs like Gasoline, HATLM, and Criminal. We can also hear a bass and drum/HI-NRG phase with Scary, Vertigo, and Unbroken.

• Love 1