Custody + C-ship?

Circuit

Please don't rip my head off for this post. I'm NOT justifying the exploitation and abuse from the conservatorship. All that I'm trying to do with this post is gain some understanding.

It's no secret that the reason Britney has never filed for termination of the conservatorship is because of custody.

Britney's custody was already in trouble throughout 2007, and the night of January 5, 2008 couldn't have helped her custody case. Whether she was tricked or not (via her letter), it's still not a good look from a judicial perspective.

Perhaps without a person controlling her, making sure she doesn't make the same mistakes again, she'd lose custody? Maybe the conservators have to impose certain restrictions on her in order for the conservatorship to be legitimate?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No there’s no excuse for this conservator ship especially when Jamie has a restraining order against him for abusing one of Britney’s sons!

Also the dementia claim allegedly clearly she doesn’t have that with the work load she’s had the last decade!

Custody should have no barring on a CShip those are designed for the elder and gravely ill and for people that can’t feed and clothe themselves ect! 

There’s no excuse this has went on as long as it has as Brit doesn’t meet the criteria for a C Ship especially this long!

59 minutes ago, Circuit said:

Please don't rip my head off for this post. I'm NOT justifying the exploitation and abuse from the conservatorship. All that I'm trying to do with this post is gain some understanding.

It's no secret that the reason Britney has never filed for termination of the conservatorship is because of custody.

Britney's custody was already in trouble throughout 2007, and the night of January 5, 2008 couldn't have helped her custody case. Whether she was tricked or not (via her letter), it's still not a good look from a judicial perspective.

Perhaps without a person controlling her, making sure she doesn't make the same mistakes again, she'd lose custody? Maybe the conservators have to impose certain restrictions on her in order for the conservatorship to be legitimate?

No.  The conservatorship did not help at all with custody.  If anything it made her lose all custody rights since a conserved person cannot have custody rights over a child. 

All she had after the conservatorship were equal access rights (so she spent equal time with the children).   However, if Britney had joint custody or even sole custody she likely would not have had to pay Federline such crazy amounts of support (probably not even any if she had sole custody).

As we saw from 'Framing Britney Spears' Britney started acting out in part because of Federline's conduct, such as him not letting her see the children. 

However, even if Britney kept acting out she would have likely not lost custody forever.  Courts prioritize the best interests of the children and it is likely they would have given back custody rights to Britney (even in part) as it is not likely that it would be in the best interests of those young children for their mother to have no custody whatsoever. 

Britney just needed healing, not a conservatorship.

Archived