Dua Lipa graces Time magazine, new article by Kylie Minogue

Jordan Miller

I don't like her tbh. She travels the whole world in the middle of pandemic and then she posts something about people doing the same thing like she's disgusted with their behavior :melt_weird_drift_wow: Hypocrite. And she dates an idiot that is anti-vaccine. Hate people like them. And she releases 837937484 versions of the same album just to make it #1 everywhere. Unfair and greedy. She has some good songs but that's it when it comes to her person.  

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Im gonna address the elephant in the room. Why hasn’t she achieved a #1 single in the BB100 in the US? :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Why does a new comer like Olive Random achieve a #1 debut with 5 weeks at #1 and counting get a number 1? :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:

I love Dua but I hope this built hype doesnt come back to bite her, right Normani? :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

Because the GP can’t stand some foreign name like Dua Lipa peaking the charts. It’s disgusting that she peaked at #4 yet is week in and week out in the top 3 most streamed albums on Spotify for months. Every album in the top 10 has out peaked Future Nostalgia and 8 of them have been #1 albums. I don’t get why she still hasn’t had a #1. It’s not because she’s undeserving because she is. Olivia is lucky she’s named after Taylor Swift’s cat and that’s all I will say about that :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: also Normani wishes she reached half the success Dua has. Love her, but a weak comparison 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Because the GP can’t stand some foreign name like Dua Lipa peaking the charts. It’s disgusting that she peaked at #4 yet is week in and week out in the top 3 most streamed albums on Spotify for months. Every album in the top 10 has out peaked Future Nostalgia and 8 of them have been #1 albums. I don’t get why she still hasn’t had a #1. It’s not because she’s undeserving because she is. Olivia is lucky she’s named after Taylor Swift’s cat and that’s all I will say about that :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: also Normani wishes she reached half the success Dua has. Love her, but a weak comparison 

The weeknd also didn't help. 

Plus the US hates international acts,  they only like made in the US. 

It's hard for any international act to crack without sacrificing their sound, image and identity, Just to americanize them for US Audiences. 

Nothing worse than being told, your music is too European in nature, That's what Clive Davis told Ace of Base in 1998, even though Life is a Flower was the Radio hit in Europe.  

So, yeah unless you're willing to Americanize yourself,  it's hard to make it big for international acts. 

And for acts like Mariah Carey, to be told you're to urban For British listeners. We need to do a UK version of mimi,  more dancey, less urban music. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The weeknd also didn't help. 

Plus the US hates international acts,  they only like made in the US. 

It's hard for any international act to crack without sacrificing their sound, image and identity, Just to americanize them for US Audiences. 

Nothing worse than being told, your music is too European in nature, That's what Clive Davis told Ace of Base in 1998, even though Life is a Flower was the Radio hit in Europe.  

So, yeah unless you're willing to Americanize yourself,  it's hard to make it big for international acts. 

And for acts like Mariah Carey, to be told you're to urban For British listeners. We need to do a UK version of mimi,  more dancey, less urban music. 

Unless they’re men, of course. Harry Styles is laughing his way to the bank 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

All of you saying the US hates international acts when the Spice Girls, Adele, George Michael, that K-Pop group say :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: but hey Dua is the next main pop girl that her fans (including me) are patiently rooting for :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

And Olivia says meow too :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

As far as my “weak” comparison goes...Normani is over hyped at this point and the media continues to hype up Dua but she STILL hasn’t hit #1.  

I guess in another (that isn’t weak :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:) comparison Ariana Grande was at this same stage for a while until TUN so maybe it’ll take Dua five albums to achieve Olive Randoms success :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

All of you saying the US hates international acts when the Spice Girls, Adele, George Michael, that K-Pop group say :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: but hey Dua is the next main pop girl that her fans (including me) are patiently rooting for :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

And Olivia says meow too :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

As far as my “weak” comparison goes...Normani is over hyped at this point and the media continues to hype up Dua but she STILL hasn’t hit #1.  

I guess in another (that isn’t weak :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:) comparison Ariana Grande was at this same stage for a while until TUN so maybe it’ll take Dua five albums to achieve Olive Randoms success :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

I said foreign name not foreign act :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:  you’re not coming across as a fan to me though :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search: maybe that’s how I come across about Taylor because while I love her music pre pandemic era, she’s become more insufferable lately. :taylor_swift_evil_smile: even Olive having this hit means nothing. Carly Rae had a number one for what felt like months and look where she’s at now. Making bops but forgotten by the GP. Dua is under hyped though :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill: and keeps outpeaking Positions in the streaming charts even though they were released 7 months apart :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

39 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I said foreign name not foreign act :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:  you’re not coming across as a fan to me though :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search: maybe that’s how I come across about Taylor because while I love her music pre pandemic era, she’s become more insufferable lately. :taylor_swift_evil_smile: even Olive having this hit means nothing. Carly Rae had a number one for what felt like months and look where she’s at now. Making bops but forgotten by the GP. Dua is under hyped though :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill: and keeps outpeaking Positions in the streaming charts even though they were released 7 months apart :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Wisest words in this discussion so far! :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block