Lou Taylor & Jamie Spears rush to sell Britney Spears' childhood home

Haburo

4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I had a friend from Kentwood when I was a kid (was actually a worker at a Summer camp I went to) who new the family. Now, this was wayyy back in 2001, but he said even back then the family was weird about money. He said they were never as poor as the Hollywood story makes out. Britney and Lynne were gone a lot but Jamie, JL and Bryan were back home and lived pretty normal lives at that time. He said that it was rare to see Britney around town. To hear Fe talk about it, Britney was always home and in church and stuff but from the guy I knew, Britney rarely was at church. 

Interesting info. Maybe it has to do with Jamie's alcoholism and poor money management or something. And I think Britney was the family provider from early on. All these beauty pageants and talent shows always have good money prizes for the winners. So maybe they bought the house with that money, but the parents would have been poor if not for Britney, so she had to stay away and work a lot

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Drunkerella91 said:

Call them stupid as you want, it was for a TV format that a lot of people here in Germany watch. So I was happy for every coverage 😅😁

RTL has never reported positively about Britney. Your bad image in Germany is based on this one television station. They always pretend Britney pulled trucks of *****. I can do without that. And now they puke because they don't have the television rights for the documentary.

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Interesting info. Maybe it has to do with Jamie's alcoholism and poor money management or something. And I think Britney was the family provider from early on. All these beauty pageants and talent shows always have good money prizes for the winners. So maybe they bought the house with that money, but the parents would have been poor if not for Britney, so she had to stay away and work a lot

You know - I am not taking up for Jamie at all but the quote about "she's going to buy me a boat" - I feel like this was Jamie's excuse he was saying as to why they were spending so much money on Britney's talents and training. People don't mention how much lessons cost for dancing, gymnastics, acting and then costs for traveling and outfits - plus you have to pay to be in pageants most of the time. I think that Jamie was trying to make rational excuses for all of the money they were spending. I think they were "going broke paying for the beginnings of Britney's career" in a sense. You know what I mean? The guy I knew said that Bryan always told his peers that Britney would be rich and famous one day, so they had a goal. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

You know - I am not taking up for Jamie at all but the quote about "she's going to buy me a boat" - I feel like this was Jamie's excuse he was saying as to why they were spending so much money on Britney's talents and training. People don't mention how much lessons cost for dancing, gymnastics, acting and then costs for traveling and outfits - plus you have to pay to be even be in pageants most of the time. I think that Jamie was trying to make rational excuses for all of the money they were spending. I think they were "going broke paying for the beginnings of Britney's career" in a sense. You know what I mean? The guy I knew said that Bryan always told his peers that Britney would be rich and famous one day, so they had a goal. 

I can practically hear Jamie shouting this at Britney every time she asks for anything now. Disgusting.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I had a friend from Kentwood when I was a kid (was actually a worker at a Summer camp I went to) who new the family. Now, this was wayyy back in 2001, but he said even back then the family was weird about money. He said they were never as poor as the Hollywood story makes out. Britney and Lynne were gone a lot but Jamie, JL and Bryan were back home and lived pretty normal lives at that time. He said that it was rare to see Britney around town. To hear Fe talk about it, Britney was always home and in church and stuff but from the guy I knew, Britney rarely was at church. 

I don't think Fe meant like she was still going when her music career started, but just for the time that Britney lived there. We know she was in NY when she was very little, then she did the MMC, but there were a few years where she lived there, and we do have footage of her singing at church and such. Well, who knows, but I don't think someone that doesn't go to church, would just pop in all of a sudden to sing there, without being somehow known. 

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think Fe meant like she was still going when her music career started, but just for the time that Britney lived there. We know she was in NY when she was very little, then she did the MMC, but there were a few years where she lived there, and we do have footage of her singing at church and such. Well, who knows, but I don't think someone that doesn't go to church, would just pop in all of a sudden to sing there, without being somehow known. 

Yeah, I am not saying she NEVER went to church, but it was BIG DEAL when she did come home. Britney was a small town celebrity, everyone paid attention to the moves of the family. I am not trying to paint anyone as a bad guy, I am just trying to paint a picture of what someone from Kentwood told me. It's weird how that conversation is from about 20 years ago but I still remember every detail of the conversation - I was in AWE to meet someone who knew Britney and her family. My mom and me were freaking out lol 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

Yeah, I am not saying she NEVER went to church, but it was BIG DEAL when she did come home. Britney was a small town celebrity, everyone paid attention to the moves of the family. I am not trying to paint anyone as a bad guy, I am just trying to paint a picture of what someone from Kentwood told me. It's weird how that conversation is from about 20 years ago but I still remember every detail of the conversation - I was in AWE to meet someone who KNEW Britney and her family. My mom and me were freaking out lol 

Yeah, I see. 

I guess I just assumed that when Fe talked about those times she referred to the highschool years when she permanently lived there, because as I said, when she was little she spent some time in NY and then doing the MMC, and after she got the record deal, well, we know what happened. But whenever Britney has talked about the highschool years it sounds as if at least for that period of time she lived a "normal", boring life. I don't remember her mentioning being treated differently around those years. I can see how after BOMT it would be an event whenever she was around. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, I see. 

I guess I just assumed that when Fe talked about those times she referred to the highschool years when she permanently lived there, because as I said, when she was little she spent some time in NY and then doing the MMC, and after she got the record deal, well, we know what happened. But whenever Britney has talked about the highschool years it sounds as if at least for that period of time she lived a "normal", boring life. I don't remember her mentioning being treated differently around those years. I can see how after BOMT it would be an event whenever she was around. 

Well, I am from a small town and our town has "small town" celebrities as well. It may not be national or state-wide news when "local" celebrities do things, but in small towns people pay attention. Britney has always been popular, even before she was famous. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

Their property was seized by Louisiana authority for three times, so they definitely had money problems.

And as far as is known, after JL was born, Lynne stayed in Louisiana to take care of her and did not travel with Brit as before, instead Britney was under Felicia's care while being away from home.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

Their house was seized by Louisiana authority for three times, so they definitely had money problems.

And as far as is known, after JL was born, Lynne  stayed to take care of her, so she did not travel with Brit as before, instead Britney was under Felicia's care while being away from home.

Well... I guess they put up a good front for the locals and people didn't know about their money problems. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kleinbritney said:

RTL has never reported positively about Britney. Your bad image in Germany is based on this one television station. They always pretend Britney pulled trucks of *****. I can do without that. And now they puke because they don't have the television rights for the documentary.

was die sind ernsthaft nach louisiana um ihn zu interviewen? :D