Jesy from Little Mix teases Solo Music!

Slayer

6 minutes ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

I would've liked more honesty from her when she left the group. 

"I'm leaving the group to go solo." 

Rather than ""I find the constant pressure of being in a girl group and living up to expectations very hard."

Sis, they're isn't going to be LESS pressure going solo, there'll be more. All eyes on you. Oh well, I'm down for a reunion tour in 2031. 

Valid points!

I'm still in shock this is actually happening so soon!

• Love 1

i mean, it does seem weird that she said she quit LM because of the pressure of fame etc but then persue a solo career in the same music business she said she found the pressure of it hard. But tbh i always sort of knew right from the offset she would probably pursue a solo career. I mean, lets  face it, she was never going to go back to doing a 9-5 normal job and be a waitress again like she was before X Factor. Maybe as well, shes 30 this year [she was born in 1991 like me]. maybe she doesnt want to do poppy music like LM does. maybe she wants to do more mature music and unfortunately, LM has a fanbase which is widespread of ages so they are stuck with doing more radio friendly music. The only worry is Melanie B did that with her debut solo album Hot which she released in 2000 and it was a much more mature album about adult topics and she even swears in one song called Pack Your S***. And that was cited as one of the reasons it didnt do that well. The difference maybe is spice girls were only together a couple of years and so fans were still young in 2000 [i was 9, i made sure my parents didnt hear that song lol], LM has been going for 10 years now so suppose a lot of their fans will be in their  20s/30s now. But i do know my nieces and their friends like LM and they saw them live in 2018 and they are only nearly 7 and 12.  So Jesy will have to be careful not to completely change it up and alienate LM fans. Because the vast majority of her fans will be LM fans

I don't think people should say she was 'faking mental health issues', someone call feel very down MONTHS ago and feel better now.

I think it's really disgusting people say she faked it, would you rather her mope around upset crying? She's doing what makes her happy.

She said she found the pressure of being in a girl group hard not being in the music industry, Jesy has said MULTIPLE times she hates being compared to the others girls as the 'fat ugly one' - sure there's going to be more eyes on her but everything will be on her terms. Less people to please, less compromise and doing what she wants.

BE KIND!

• Love 3
  • Like 1

But tbh as well, as much as im gutted she left LM, fair play to her. she was in LM for 9 years and if the real reason was because she was bored of it and wanted to do something different and be more in control, then i respect that. if you think as well, she couldnt have said 'hi guys, im leaving little mix because frankly im bored of it now' because she wouldve been seen ungrateful and disrespectful to the fans and the other girls   

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I don't think people should say she was 'faking mental health issues', someone call feel very down MONTHS ago and feel better now.

I think it's really disgusting people say she faked it, would you rather her mope around upset crying? She's doing what makes her happy.

She seem she found the pressure of being in a girl group hard not being in the music industry, Jesy has said MULTIPLE times she hates being compared to the others girls as the 'fat ugly one' - sure there's going to be more eyes on her but everything will be on her terms. Less people to please, less compromise and doing what she wants.

BE KIND!

Agree with this and Jesy does have a long history of mental health issues which is why I totally supported her decision to leave LM a few months back. 

Her decision to return to the studio so soon could be a form of therapy. Maybe she felt unable to fully express her thoughts within the confines of a girl group. Maybe she has songs which she feels will help others in her situation. Maybe she didn't want to release the bop Sweet Melodies, maybe she wants to focus on ballads etc etc

There's a lot we don't know.

Personally I think her timing to leave could've been better eg not mid promo cycle. But maybe she always planned to leave and Covid tour delays made the end seem too far away? Maybe one day the truth will be revealed...

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block