Justin Timberlake liked video of him dissing Janet

• Content Curators
5 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

I never understood why Janet would be blacklisted for a mistake. The costume designer should get the backlash and get fired but how is it Janet’s fault? Actually Justin ripped the piece off right so he was more in the wrong anyway. Btw sad that an on air *** equals the devil in our modern day society Confused Janet Jackson GIF.

Ikr 

meanwhile if that happened in Europe no one would’ve bat an eye

25 minutes ago, mannequin19 said:

y'all overreact to everything. clearly it was a mistake because anyone with half a brain would know liking a video like that on PURPOSE is a bad PR move. he (or his team, idk) was probably just looking through tweets about him to see what people are saying & accidentally pressed like while he was scrolling. 

You say that as if JT making impeccable PR moves would absolve him of what he’s done. He could have (and should have) handled this better, but the main underlying problem is he continues to shirk any and all responsibility for his role in the situation. Nobody would remotely care about an erroneously liked post if he had owned up to his role properly. 

It’s particularly striking that JT apparently refuses to offer a heartfelt apology despite proving he’s adept at navigating public opinion to his benefit. He could turn on his boy band charisma, flex his actor chops, and deliver an earnest apology and the GP would eat it up; he might even come out looking better for it. He’s never one to miss a chance at boosting public opinion in his favor, unless it entails him humbling himself, apparently.

1 minute ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

You say that as if JT making impeccable PR moves would absolve him of what he’s done. He could have (and should have) handled this better, but the main underlying problem is he continues to shirk any and all responsibility for his role in the situation. Nobody would remotely care about an erroneously liked post if he had owned up to his role properly. 

It’s particularly striking that JT apparently refuses to offer a heartfelt apology despite proving he’s adept at navigating public opinion to his benefit. He could turn on his boy band charisma, flex his actor chops, and deliver an earnest apology and the GP would eat it up; he might even come out looking better for it. He’s never one to miss a chance at boosting public opinion in his favor, unless it entails him humbling himself, apparently.

his apology was genuine imo. he could have the most sincere, well-crafted apology in the world & people still wouldn't forgive him. i honestly dgaf at all because it's not ANY of our places to accept or deny an apology that was not given to US. janet + britney are the only ones who matter. if they forgive him, great. if they don't? oh well, that's great too.

12 minutes ago, mannequin19 said:

his apology was genuine imo. he could have the most sincere, well-crafted apology in the world & people still wouldn't forgive him. i honestly dgaf at all because it's not ANY of our places to accept or deny an apology that was not given to US. janet + britney are the only ones who matter. if they forgive him, great. if they don't? oh well, that's great too.

For what it’s worth, Janet seems to have caught wind of the apology and chose to thank her fans and did not acknowledge JT.    If only Brit and Janets reaction matter, then I think Janet has made herself clear.

By your logic, I could punch you in the face (I would never) and if you didn’t accept my apology, that’s your problem. Oh well.

Sometimes, even a sincere apology isn’t good enough. That doesn’t necessarily mean Brit and Janets supporters are irrational, it can mean his actions are inexcusable and are insufficiently fixed by the most sincere of apologies. 

5 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

For what it’s worth, Janet seems to have caught wind of the apology and chose to thank her fans and did not acknowledge JT.    If only Brit and Janets reaction matter, then I think Janet has made herself clear.

By your logic, I could punch you in the face (I would never) and if you didn’t accept my apology, that’s your problem. Oh well.

Sometimes, even a sincere apology isn’t good enough. That doesn’t necessarily mean Brit and Janets supporters are irrational, it can mean his actions are inexcusable and are insufficiently fixed by the most sincere of apologies. 

that was definitely a false equivalence...if you punched me in the face & i didn't accept your apology that would be my right because you are the one who wronged me ? if janet doesn't accept JT's apology that's her business. he can't undo his actions, the most he can do is apologize (which he did) & try to grow as a person (which we will see if he does). it's just not a good look for everyone in the fandom to be harassing people for apologies & dogpiling on them after they offer one. if people don't like his apology, what will dwelling on it accomplish? nothing. i don't even like JT but there's literally nothing more he can do

15 minutes ago, mannequin19 said:

that was definitely a false equivalence...if you punched me in the face & i didn't accept your apology that would be my right because you are the one who wronged me ? if janet doesn't accept JT's apology that's her business. he can't undo his actions, the most he can do is apologize (which he did) & try to grow as a person (which we will see if he does). it's just not a good look for everyone in the fandom to be harassing people for apologies & dogpiling on them after they offer one. if people don't like his apology, what will dwelling on it accomplish? nothing. i don't even like JT but there's literally nothing more he can do

Huh? If I punched you in the face of course I’d be your right to accept or not accept my apology, I’d be you’re business what you decide. I wouldn’t be able to undo my actions, but that wouldn’t make what I did ok. You could kiss my feet and apologize for putting your face in the way of my fist all day, but to expect everyone to just forgive and forget is unreasonable. As much as he may wish people would just drop it after his pr team drafted something up, actions have consequences and he must face them like everyone else.

11 hours ago, JessicaS89 said:

True. You are so correct about that. Any apology written in a notes or any app like it might as well be packaged by Oscar Mayer(?) (Meyer?) cause it's full of baloney.

Especially considering it barely even mentioned Britney or Janet in a single sentence, and rambled on about the "hot topics" of the day like privilege and so on. It was so obvious the letter was written with the intent to suck up to the woke mob and beg for them not to cancel him more than it was written to apologize for anything.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

we should make this viral

Singing rehab and crazy with cry me a river 

Saying ***** while singing cry me a river 

Also doing ***ual gestures while singing the song 

Talking about how hed write about all her dirty things If he was writing an article about her, while Britney just had become a mom and was pregnant again. Not to mention he knows Kevin. Is just me that find this hella weird? 

15972-135742378848902500.jpg

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block