WWBW: What Would Britney Want?

SomoneElseButMay

We don't, haven't, & may never actually know her. She is unknowable.

Our only reliable source is her court documents. So why do we, as fans, constantly push the narrative that we know what she wants, needs, feels, thinks? We don't actually know these things. 

We don't know the dynamics of her relationship with Sam A, who she phones on her birthday, why she posts what she posts, or how she feels about her immediate family (except Jamie, obvs). Most importantly, we don't consider that there are alternatives outside of our own opinions.

Instead, how about we start considering what she deserves. Not in terms of the conservatorship, but as a human.

Try to consider her feelings before posting. Seriously, pretend she is reading your comment. If Britney were to magically follow you one day, is that how you'd like her to see you? Please think about this the next time you post here or anywhere else. 

"How is coming after those she cares about realistically helping Britney?"  "Is this how I should be fighting for her happiness?"  "What if my assumptions are wrong?"

Let's support Britney in the best and kindest way we can. Not by harassing those close to her, assuming we know her truth, or spreading negativity. We, including myself, are all guilty of this. If we truly love Britney, we need to consider how our words and/or actions may hurt her. 

Remember the original cause of the #FreeBritney movement - supporting her journey to live a stress-free life any without judgement or toxicity. Again, we do not KNOW what she wants, but we CAN think twice about how we affect her. All we should be doing is trying to inspire her, just how she has inspired millions of us since 1998. If she can remain kind and positive, so can we. 

Much love to all of you. 

#WWBW

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SomoneElseButMay said:

We don't, haven't, & may never actually know her. She is unknowable.

Our only reliable source is her court documents. So why do we, as fans, constantly push the narrative that we know what she wants, needs, feels, thinks? We don't actually know these things. 

We don't know the dynamics of her relationship with Sam A, who she phones on her birthday, why she posts what she posts, or how she feels about her immediate family (except Jamie, obvs). Most importantly, we don't consider that there are alternatives outside of our own opinions.

Instead, how about we start considering what she deserves. Not in terms of the conservatorship, but as a human.

Try to consider her feelings before posting. Seriously, pretend she is reading your comment. If Britney were to magically follow you one day, is that how you'd like her to see you? Please think about this the next time you post here or anywhere else. 

"How is coming after those she cares about realistically helping Britney?"  "Is this how I should be fighting for her happiness?"  "What if my assumptions are wrong?"

Let's support Britney in the best and kindest way we can. Not by harassing those close to her, assuming we know her truth, or spreading negativity. We, including myself, are all guilty of this. If we truly love Britney, we need to consider how our words and/or actions may hurt her. 

Remember the original cause of the #FreeBritney movement - supporting her journey to live a stress-free life any without judgement or toxicity. Again, we do not KNOW what she wants, but we CAN think twice about how we affect her. All we should be doing is trying to inspire her, just how she has inspired millions of us since 1998. If she can remain kind and positive, so can we. 

Much love to all of you. 

#WWBW

So true! 

Sending you love as well

45455dd901bbc966ca22fad95bb50872.gif

Archived