What kind of music do you like?

3 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

Well, we have glimpses of it on Chromatica with Stupid Love, Rain On Me, 911, Enigma, Replay, and Babylon :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: I'd definitely love for her to go full disco mode though.

Stupid love is more on the electronic disco side if disco were still popular in the 80s. Whereas Rain On Me, 911, Enigma, Replay and Babylon are 90s deep house with little to none disco elements :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I would love if she would do 70s type of disco since she showed potential with IWYL :neydedance_purple:

10 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Stupid love is more on the electronic disco side if disco were still popular in the 80s. Whereas Rain On Me, 911, Enigma, Replay and Babylon are 90s deep house with little to none disco elements :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I would love if she would do 70s type of disco since she showed potential with IWYL :neydedance_purple:

I agree that Stupid Love is an electronic disco song, but Rain On Me is like a mix of French house, disco pop, and electro-pop, 911 is heavily Eurodisco inspired with funk, techno, and electro-pop influences, Enigma... I don't know what to call it. Replay is definitely deep house, and disco inspired. Babylon is influenced by Vogue, Black Jesus † Amen Fashion, and Pacific State by 808 State. :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

Rain On Me is like a mix of French house, disco pop, and electro-pop

I do hear the disco influences in the song but lets be honest, for a casual listener, they really wouldn't realize it had disco elements in it but like for someone like me whom has studied the structure of disco music, of course I can hear the influences, you get what m saying? :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

911 is heavily Eurodisco inspired with funk, techno, and electro-pop influences,

Yes, you're right with 911. It is definitely euro-disco with synth and electro pop influences :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Enigma... I don't know what to call it

Is that some shade to the song or you genuinely do not know its specific genres? :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: 

I think Enigma has a lot of disco elements but it still sounds like a 90s club house track

Replay is definitely deep house, and disco inspired.

:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Babylon is influenced by Vogue, Black Jesus † Amen Fashion, and Pacific State by 808 State. :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

Vogue is a 90s house track, and so is Babylon so thats also there :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I do hear the disco influences in the song but lets be honest, for a casual listener, they really wouldn't realize it had disco elements in it but like for someone like me whom has studied the structure of disco music, of course I can hear the influences, you get what m saying? :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Yes, you're right with 911. It is definitely euro-disco with synth and electro pop influences :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Is that some shade to the song or you genuinely do not know its specific genres? :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: 

I think Enigma has a lot of disco elements but it still sounds like a 90s club house track

:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Vogue is a 90s house track, and so is Babylon so thats also there :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Well, then they need ears if they can't hear the disco influences in Rain On Me, lol. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

911 is such a catchy song. I can't stop listening to it for some reason.

I honestly don't know the specific genres for Enigma, but it's definitely a classic Gaga track. :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

As for Babylon, it's literally one of Gaga's best songs. I want to listen to the Haus Labs Version so bad though.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

Well, then they need ears if they can't hear the disco influences in Rain On Me, lol. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Okay, I'll give u that :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Just that I mean that the first thought that will pop up is that it is a house track :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

4 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

I honestly don't know the specific genres for Enigma, but it's definitely a classic Gaga track. :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

I feel like its a blend between disco and club house with a 90s twist on it

4 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

As for Babylon, it's literally one of Gaga's best songs. I want to listen to the Haus Labs Version so bad though.

:mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Okay, I'll give u that :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Just that I mean that the first thought that will pop up is that it is a house track :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

I feel like its a blend between disco and club house with a 90s twist on it

:mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

True. It's primarily a house track, but the disco influences are undeniable in it. :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

I can see that. Unfortunately, I don't give Enigma the love it deserves, so I guess it's gonna have to grow on me more.

Oooh, this is a fanmade HL remix I haven't heard, and I love it! Adding it to my playlist :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

• Love 1

I love reading everyone's favorite genres! It's really interesting to see the diversity and where everyone intersects :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

I'm really all over the place.  We grew up listening to oldies (50s-60s) and the only reason I discovered Britney was when they got rid of our oldies station when I was little.  In my head, I separate my music out in decades:

Pre '50s: Jazz standards, big band greats, Hollywood classics, Great American Songbook (e.g. Ella Fitzgerald, Glenn Miller, Judy Garland, Gershwin)

50s: Early rock, doo-wop, rockabilly (e.g. Elvis, the Platters, the Everly Brothers)

60s: Girl groups, folk rock, Motown/R&B, psychedelic rock/pop, sunshine pop, chamber pop (e.g. the Ronettes, the Byrds, the Four-Tops,  Jefferson Airplane, the Mamas & the Papas, the Beach Boys)

70s: New wave, classic rock, power pop, Singer/songwriter, R&B/soul, disco (e.g. Talking Heads, Pink Floyd, the Raspberries, Carole King, Ann Peebles, Donna Summer)

80s: Synth-pop, new wave, the Minneapolis Sound, dance-pop, pop ballads (e.g. Depeche Mode, Slow Children, Prince, Madonna, Air Supply)

90s: Bubblegum pop, new jack swing, pop rock, alt rock (e.g. Backstreet Boys, TLC, Natalie Imbruglia, REM)

00s: Teen pop, electrodance, hip hop, indie pop, indie electronica (e.g. Britney (Oops), Britney (Blackout) Missy Elliott, the Shins, Postal Service)

10s: Dance-pop, dream pop, indie rock, art rock, hip hop (e.g. Rihanna, Beach House, Grizzly Bear, St. Vincent, Kendrick Lamar)

Any other huge Broadway nerds out there? :searching_looking: At least 30% of my music library is showtunes/soundtracks from the 40s through today.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

I love reading everyone's favorite genres! It's really interesting to see the diversity and where everyone intersects :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

I'm really all over the place.  We grew up listening to oldies (50s-60s) and the only reason I discovered Britney was when they got rid of our oldies station when I was little.  In my head, I separate my music out in decades:

Pre '50s: Jazz standards, big band greats, Hollywood classics, Great American Songbook (e.g. Ella Fitzgerald, Glenn Miller, Judy Garland, Gershwin)

50s: Early rock, doo-wop, rockabilly (e.g. Elvis, the Platters, the Everly Brothers)

60s: Girl groups, folk rock, Motown/R&B, psychedelic rock/pop, sunshine pop, chamber pop (e.g. the Ronettes, the Byrds, the Four-Tops,  Jefferson Airplane, the Mamas & the Papas, the Beach Boys)

70s: New wave, classic rock, power pop, Singer/songwriter, R&B/soul, disco (e.g. Talking Heads, Pink Floyd, the Raspberries, Carole King, Ann Peebles, Donna Summer)

80s: Synth-pop, new wave, the Minneapolis Sound, dance-pop, pop ballads (e.g. Depeche Mode, Slow Children, Prince, Madonna, Air Supply)

90s: Bubblegum pop, new jack swing, pop rock, alt rock (e.g. Backstreet Boys, TLC, Natalie Imbruglia, REM)

00s: Teen pop, electrodance, hip hop, indie pop, indie electronica (e.g. Britney (Oops), Britney (Blackout) Missy Elliott, the Shins, Postal Service)

10s: Dance-pop, dream pop, indie rock, art rock, hip hop (e.g. Rihanna, Beach House, Grizzly Bear, St. Vincent, Kendrick Lamar)

Any other huge Broadway nerds out there? :searching_looking: At least 30% of my music library is showtunes/soundtracks from the 40s through today.

I love lots of these along with bedroom pop, IDM, industrial, Eurodisco, easy listening, soft rock, soft pop, industrial metal, Latin pop, and other good stuff. :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

• Love 1
  • 5 months later...
On 2/14/2021 at 8:12 AM, BUWYGF said:

It really does depend on how I feel or even time of the day.

In the morning I like listening to 60s happy music, or even 30s. It lets me enjoy early morning and dance while I make my coffee. In the middle of the day I usually go for charts music, and in the evening i go for blues (mostly Sade).

In winter midday I like listening to acoustic pop or indie, Heartstrings by Leighton Meester comes to mind. In the evening I like listening to old christmas hits when its cold and snowy :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

OMG Heartstrings is my rainy album :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1

So I'm very much into Europop over Made IN US pop Basically r&B with a pop sensibility. 

I like my thought provoking pop, that makes me think i.e. American life, Impossible princess, Northern star and albums that usually it takes a high IQ person to actually understand the deeper meaning of the subjects. 

I love My swedish melodic pop Ace of Base (I don't judge their English as it's a second language, and not the main language), Icona pop and Tove lo who rolling stone described her best, the saddest swedish girl to ever lived. 

My British pop icons Spice girls, Steps, Little mix, and of course....Geri Halliwell the solo artist. 

US mainly the holy trinity of pop all from the midwest born in the summer of 1958

Prince, Michael Jackson and Madonna. 

Canada Alanis Morissette, Sarah Maclachlan 

Australia Kylie Minogue and Dannii minogue. 

Germany NENA (German music icon).

Pop (Mainstream uptempo pop or ballads) and R&B are my favorite.

Also some Rock and some Latin/Spanish Pop. 

For partying reggeaton (i think its a bad genre because of the simplety (with excepcions) but for dancing and dont think its good) and Electronica also (House, Techno, more Chill).

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block