This Day in Pop: the Scream & Shout (Remix) video premieres in 2013 (February 14)

screamshoutremix.jpg.5840853575aacf55b323fc51803c9ea4.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

On February 14, 2013, will.i.am released the Scream & Shout (Remix) video featuring Britney Spears, Lil Wayne, Hit-Boy, Waka Flocka Flame and P. Diddy, after it leaked a day ahead of its planned released through a Chinese website.

original.png

MTV news was at the filming of the video, where will.i.am said:

"It's turnt up, amplified, maximized, screaming, shouting — I never thought that a remix would be this freaking crazy," he told MTV News about this version of the song. "Remixes have always been important, but this one...it's so freaking fresh that we had to do a video for it. Usually a remix just comes and it's a part of the initial, but this one needed. a freaking video cause it's out of here, mega, amplified, turnt up."

634.BritneyScreamShout.mh.021213.jpg?fit

A couple of days before the release, Britney teased a picture from the videoshoot, where she was wearing a Jeremy Scott x Adidas cage track jacket, to which Jeremy Scott himself tweeted about in excitement.

4EoO.gif

Later in April, they talked about it briefly during a Google Hangout interview that was livestreamed

The remix was so different from the original song, that it charted separately, debuting at #49 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

In 2016, a clean version of the video was uploaded to will's channel.

• Love 5

Such memories surrounding this time for me :gum_britney_chewing_chomping_2006_2007_Red:

I will always have my deepest tragedies associated with the XFactor/Scream&Shout era. It is what it is. 

RIP to my mom and dad, as well as my first (and only) marriage. 

I’m thankful to my Exhale family (and Britney, of course) for the love/support/distraction from heartache that’s hard to escape to this day. 

Sorry, guys. Any reminder of this time in my life gets me feeling emo. But, it was a good time to be a B fan at this time anyway (the period during Scream & Shout and before Britney Jean). I love the songs and I feel like it’s the very last time she looked like herself in a music video. Almost symbolic that things wouldn’t ever be the same :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

But in the words of Britney, “the secret to happiness: no memory.” & I will continue to be in survivor mode another day.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

Such memories surrounding this time for me :gum_britney_chewing_chomping_2006_2007_Red:

I will always have my deepest tragedies associated with the XFactor/Scream&Shout era. It is what it is. 

RIP to my mom and dad, as well as my first (and only) marriage. 

I’m thankful to my Exhale family (and Britney, of course) for the love/support/distraction from heartache that’s hard to escape to this day. 

Sorry, guys. Any reminder of this time in my life gets me feeling emo. But, it was a good time to be a B fan at this time anyway (the period during Scream & Shout and before Britney Jean). I love the songs and I feel like it’s the very last time she looked like herself in a music video. Almost symbolic that things wouldn’t ever be the same :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

But in the words of Britney, “the secret to happiness: no memory.” & I will continue to be in survivor mode another day.

I'm really sorry for your losses :( 

It's not comparable, but I went through something similar in 2016, my grandma passed away in January, and then my aunt passed away exactly 30 days later, precisely the opening night of Piece of Me 2.0 so despite being such a good day for being a Britney fan, and that whole year in general, to me it was very bittersweet because of what I was going through. It also coincided with me finishing college, so it was like a time of a lot of changes in my life, so it was very weird, but having Britney (and Pokémon which was announcing the seventh generation of the games) helped me so things weren't THAT bad. 

I can't imagine what you must feel, but I hope you're doing better. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I know these things, you can't never just move on from them, but you learn to live with that pain, you learn to cope with the loss, and somehow you just keep going with life. 

• Love 4