David Letterman is in the hot seat following resurfaced clip of Lindsay Lohan interview

This particular interview from Letterman in 2013 with Lindsay Lohan is making the rounds on Twitter:

Again, the host, Letterman, is focussing on Lindsay's personal life asking some really rude questions which she answered MULTIPLE times it was not agreed on before the show.

Lindsay said none of these questions were talked about in the pre-interview and wasn't expecting any of them.

She also said he sounds like Dr. Phill.

At one point, she grabs his "script" and reads what he still has left to talk about and eventually says he's being rude and that it's mean to make jokes about such stuff.

Lindsay handled this interview very well and actually sounded more mature than Letterman.

Personally, I got sick by this interview. What's up with these talkshows? I swear all of them are soooooo Toxic.

• Love 7
  • Like 1

I think it's hard to not judge addicts(I'm an EX addict of sorts) in general but from listening to your posts we shouldn't. You convinced me and it really was because she was a young woman and people shouldn't have mocked her troubles. I think it's a revolution of sorts. Yes! I just hope truly these people including myself learn and do better. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Innate said:

David Letterman has always been rude and horrible to certain guests. I always cringe watching his interviews. When he was laughing at Paris for going to jail... :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

It's so sad to go back and watch these interviews. There are sooooo many celebrities that were interviewed and were asked very personal, hurtful questions. YIKES.

• Love 2

Wow...just reading through the first few comments and I really can't believe people are taking his side. Saying she's stoned there. For all we know she could've been doing ***** in the green room and making David mad. That he was only trying to get her to get sober...like wtf-How? By putting her on the spot with questions that weren't in the pre-interview and beating her over and over with the topic until she cries?

I've never found his humor funny. His humor is to set the guests up to mirror the image that he's above them morally (even though he's had his scandals) or to set them up so he makes them look like idiots. It's all cheap. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

This particular interview from Letterman in 2013 with Lindsay Lohan is making the rounds on Twitter:

Again, the host, Letterman, is focussing on Lindsay's personal life asking some really rude questions which she answered MULTIPLE times it was not agreed on before the show.

Lindsay said none of these questions were talked about in the pre-interview and wasn't expecting any of them.

She also said he sounds like Dr. Phill.

At one point, she grabs his "script" and reads what he still has left to talk about and eventually says he's being rude and that it's mean to make jokes about such stuff.

Lindsay handled this interview very well and actually sounded more mature than Letterman.

Personally, I got sick by this interview. What's up with these talkshows? I swear all of them are soooooo Toxic.

Genuinely asking - How old are you? If you've watched these shows while they were on back in the day you would know this was quite literally Letterman's shtick, it is his type of comedy. And that whole segment is prepared and rehearsed. She was in on it and so was the audience. It's called nuance. This was all for play none of it is real. She played up the "controversy" because she was promoting a movie at that time.

There is no "toxicity" here, let's stick to things that actually happened vs making up a reason to "cancel" someone..

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

She handled that so well, though. If I were her, I would've said something super nasty and then walked out of that studio. :trash_throw_away_recycle:

2 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Wow...just reading through the first few comments and I really can't believe people are taking his side. Saying she's stoned there. For all we know she could've been doing ***** in the green room and making David mad. That he was only trying to get her to get sober...like wtf-How? By putting her on the spot with questions that weren't in the pre-interview and beating her over and over with the topic until she cries?

I've never found his humor funny. His humor is to set the guests up to mirror the image that he's above them morally (even though he's had his scandals) or to set them up so he makes them look like idiots. It's all cheap. 

He was so disgusting in this. Honestly, the media trashed Lindsay like they did Britney. Not nearly as bad, but they took advantage of that poor girl. She didn't deserve all the hate she gets.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

He was so disgusting in this. Honestly, the media trashed Lindsay like they did Britney. Not nearly as bad, but they took advantage of that poor girl. She didn't deserve all the hate she gets.

And I've definitely contributed to that in the past. In fact, I think I may have made some less than flattering comments about her on Exhale. In the end, what's important is to learn and grow, so I'm glad Britney has been such a wake-up call for everyone.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

And I've definitely contributed to that in the past. In fact, I think I may have made some less than flattering comments about her on Exhale. In the end, what's important is to learn and grow, so I'm glad Britney has been such a wake-up call for everyone.

We've definitely all had our moments where we harshly judge others. I think its led to people feeling like their image has to be completely fine tuned because if they ever make a mistake or ever show a moment of weakness, then the public will eat them alive. We've really created quite the monster as a society. It's sad.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Paolo94 said:

She handled this like a pro! This was all unnecessary

I was actually quite shocked at how well she handled it. For some reason I always pictured her as this girl that was really messy with interviews. (That's probably how the media painted her, and why I remember her that way.) She stood her ground and called him out on it. Was super impressed with her in this.

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block