Hating on Taylor Swift makes any Britney fan a hypocrite

8 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

This is the worst, most poorly-written I have ever read in my entire exhale life. How disrespectful and insulting for you to gaslight us into supporting your fave. Britney is sweet, down to earth and relatable. Also makes amazing music. Taylor has been known to be Regina George behind the scenes and her music is crap in my opinion. She’s fake sweet, power hungry and vicious. I can’t relate.

Finally something you and I can partially agree on. :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

• Love 3
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, BabkaAutorka said:

So we are not allowed to say we don't like someone now? DO NOT compare Britney's 2007 breakdown to Taylor's fame, it's extremely disrespectful towards Britney and what she had to go through. Accept the fact that people can hate your idol and that music. 

💯 First of all, Taylor isn’t hated. Second it’s okay not to like someone. I’m a Taylor stan and do not approve of this post’s message :enigma_alien_blue: If y’all dislike Taylor, keep on keeping on, if you like her, let’s keep her #1 forever Swifties :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

• Like 9
21 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

This is the worst, most poorly-written I have ever read in my entire exhale life. How disrespectful and insulting for you to gaslight us into supporting your fave. Britney is sweet, down to earth and relatable. Also makes amazing music. Taylor has been known to be Regina George behind the scenes and her music is crap in my opinion. She’s fake sweet, power hungry and vicious. I can’t relate.

So much this, I can't believe this shyt is even featured...

• Love 6
  • Haha 1

So we are not allowed to say we don't like someone now? DO NOT compare Britney's 2007 breakdown to Taylor's fame, it's extremely disrespectful towards Britney and what she had to go through. Accept the fact that people can hate your idol and that music. 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 1

That is absolutely not true. You're allowed to dislike any public figure you don't actually like. What wasn't/isn't cool about Britney's case was that she was very clearly going through a public breakdown and the media and other celebrities were adding to it for the worse. They were constantly bashing her and you could see the toll it was taking.

The reasons I dislike Taylor Swift are because of the decisions that she makes as a seemingly healthy adult. She's negative, vindictive, and really just overrated but that is not the same situation as Britney Spears. You don't have to be a fan of everyone. There are plenty of people who aren't fans of Britney who have nothing to do with this Framing Britney Spears movement.

It sounds like you've missed the point of what's been going on lately and don't understand the difference.

• Love 8
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

That is absolutely not true. You're allowed to dislike any public figure you don't actually like. What wasn't/isn't cool about Britney's case was that she was very clearly going through a public breakdown and the media and other celebrities were adding to it for the worse. They were constantly bashing her and you could see the toll it was taking.

The reasons I dislike Taylor Swift are because of the decisions that she makes as a seemingly healthy adult. She's negative, vindictive, and really just overrated but that is not the same situation as Britney Spears. You don't have to be a fan of everyone. There are plenty of people who aren't fans of Britney who have nothing to do with this Framing Britney Spears movement.

It sounds like you've missed the point of what's been going on lately and don't understand the difference.

I love your profile picture :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 2

Yes I was thinking the same a few days ago. The difference is , Taylor managed to skip a 2007 phase thanks to a supporting family, which Britney didn t have, and actually turned her downfall in her favour thanks to her and what I imagine is a amazing work team, which Britney also didn t have. Anyway, hating on a musician/celebrity is just dumb, people just get pressed by someone’s success overshadowing others , Olivia just started and is already getting hate because she’s breaking records. Dumb. I have all Britney’s and Taylor’s discography and will continue buying it no matter how many units they sell.

• Love 7

Yeah I mean I wouldn't necessarily compare Taylor's situation to Britney's, but I do agree that Taylor gets a disproportionate amount of hate that often seems totally unjustified and irrational (and I'm not talking about people not being into her music, I'm talking about hate for her as a person). There are so many people who just seem to jump at the chance to tear a woman down for no real reason, and that does make me sad. I like Taylor and I think she deserves better.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Should everybody like Taylor? Music is about personal taste and experiences.

I believe it's different for an artist to not be liked and loved (for various reasons) by some people and a whole different thing to have your personal life ruined by the media and having a bunch of miserable Karens being happy about it, leading you to a breakdown.

I don't think that the comparison is fair tbh. She is very successful and as fans you should feel proud about her but I feel like this thread is borderline demanding everybody to like one person. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

Britney is sweet, down to earth and relatable. Yes but so is Taylor. Just look at how she treats her fans. "Also makes amazing music." Applies to Taylor as well. "Taylor has been known to be Regina George behind the scenes and her music is crap in my opinion." A lot of people and the reviews and sales beg to disagree. In the end you're entitled to your opinion but its not objective whatsoever. No one can deny Taylors talent. And in the end of the day you don't know her. Who says she's Regina George? People can say what they want. Taylor has done a lot of good. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

So we are not allowed to say we don't like someone now? Accept the fact that people can hate your idol and that music. 

I just don't understand why you'd want to hate anyone. The amount of hate people have for Taylor when she hasn't done anything seriously wrong is ridiculous. You don't have to like her or her music, but so many people (including you) downright hate her and spew so much vitriol towards her every chance they get, and it just doesn't make sense. Do you think it's healthy to click on threads about an artist you dislike in order to talk **** about them?

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block