Taylor Swift's re-recordings could earn her new Grammys

Jordan Miller

46 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Personally, I don't see a problem with her re-recordings charting. If they generate enough sales to chart, then they should chart. As long as Taylor doesn't submit any of them for GRAMMY consideration, I have no issues with this. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: Though, I do get why this is a polarizing issue. I don't really know which angle to look at this from - remixes, reissues, anniversary editions, etc. :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

Most of her albums charted at number one already, except her debut. So I really hope that her re-issue of her debut hits #1! :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Love 2
3 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

why? She literally didn't DO ANYTHING to promote Folklore or Evermore or even Love Story. She released 1 single of Folklore and Evermore and only performed "Betty" (once) and then left it for what it was.

How in any way, does that make her seem thirsty????????????????????

The re-recordings also are not cause of numbers but because she wants to get back at the people that hurt her. She wants to OWN her own music. 

Your comment is the same as what happened to Britney in 2007. Yet, here we are, all fighting and tweeting "we are sorry Britney" but at the same time you're like "I hate Taylor".  We are literally dragging people for saying they hate Britney back then, what makes it justified for you to say the same thing but about Taylor. 

Don't listen to him he is hater lmao

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Her old albums she recorded under her old label should absolutely still be able to chart. Her re-recordings should NOT. At the end of the day, she’s still getting the chart positions of her old albums whether or not she owns the masters. Why should she get two #1s for what is essentially the same album minus a few tweaks? 

Its all technicalities. Her album ks technically not the same because she has rerecorded everything. If the sales for the new album countes for the old albums sales it would defeat everything, because that would mean that the people who own her music atm would also get money from it. The entire point is that she creates a new version that replaces the old, not a new version that still gives streams and sales to scooter braum. And also I can assure you 100% that she is not doing it for the charts. She does it because she doesnt want people like scooter owning her music and she wants ownership of her own legacy, everyone knows how much her songs mean to her. You have no reason to think this is only for the charts when everything she has said about this issue is pointing the other way. Also who even cares if the albums can chart or not after all it is not the main point. Its way more important that she gets the rights she deserves and people who truly take charts so seriously that theyre upset by this need to re evaluate what is actually important. Its cool to break records and stuff but its way cooler to be able to own your music that is worth like hundreds of millions and u worked ur entire life for. 

4 hours ago, Xfactor Sam said:

She is gonna re-record all of her previous discography? Im sorry but thats incredibly boring. Like who does that? If I was her fan I would jump off a cliff. Id rather her continue with the Folklore-Evermore-Forevermore-Evenmore-Gimmemore-Alwaysmore saga. Even tho those were just as boring :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

I'm a fan. And her fans aren't complaining:)

• Love 2

It's ridiculous. More than it bugging me that her old re-recorded music is allowed to chart and possibly win Grammys, it pisses me off that this opens up a whole can of worms; just watch as other artists begin re-recording their old music and pulling **** like this just for the sake of gaining more royalties and awards. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Stefani said:

It's ridiculous. More than it bugging me that her old re-recorded music is allowed to chart and possibly win Grammys, it pisses me off that this opens up a whole can of worms; just watch as other artists begin re-recording their old music and pulling **** like this just for the sake of gaining more royalties and awards. 

They have to put a lot of work in there so it doesn't sound cheap or sucks. Look at JoJo's recordings they are terrible. I don't know what she did there. If you have this kind of quality it makes no sense. 

If it were actually unfair then the Grammys would have made a rule. IF she is nominated, that's great! she does have new songs on it AND it would just be as if she released a alternate version (ex Dua's Remix Album) or when Gaga released an alternate to Joanna single, Taylor's Lover Wedding version. I don't remember the name of the album or by whom but an album that consists of only covers did win album of the year once.

The uproar here is only because people automatically assume she will win.  :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:

We don't know that, we don't know what music will be released during this eligibility year and if she is nominated or does win than she is just that damn good 😌:walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

Had JoJo been nominated for her rerecorded albums after what she went through with her label I know we would be happy for her. If she gets nominated again I think it's okay. 

18 hours ago, exposingmediocrity said:

Theyre more talented than your fave will ever be 

18 hours ago, exposingmediocrity said:

aww i love seeing britney fans cry 

WHY are YOU on Exhale? YOU clearly don't like Britney and your username is clearly about Britney looking at your post history, why are you here? Why aren't the mods doing anything? You keep posting negative **** about Britney, it's tiring. Learn some new words. @Jordan Miller 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block