Taylor Swift's re-recordings could earn her new Grammys

Jordan Miller

7 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I didn't think about this. Do deluxe albums count as the same unit or do both chart separately? If deluxe albums chart separately, then Taylor's version should be able to chart. If not, then it should.

I know how you feel about her re-releases and I also know that you do have some of her songs that you like. So I know this isn't said with any sort of hate. I want to make sure no one reads your comment and thinks you're just out here trying to hate on an artist for no reason. However, I don't think that we can genuinely say this is all about just a gimmick. I think she has shown time and again that likes to make things special for her fans. She invites them into her own home to listen to albums before they even hit shelves. She really does care about owning her work. She has stood up against MAJOR streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify to change the game for everyone. (It could be argued that she did it for herself, but I think she has been consistent in her message for years on end about wanting to stand up for new artists.) She is releasing Fearless with brand new tracks, new artwork, who knows what else she has planned. I don't think it's fair to say this is all a gimmick.

Yeah the deluxe albums don’t chart separately so Moonlight will counts towards FN sales. Yeah I’ve bought all her albums except evermore. I bought tickets to the Red tour and Lover Fest. I’m far from a Taylor hater, but I will call out even my faves when they do something I feel is tiptoeing around unethical. I know she loves her fans and wish she would’ve made the vault recordings an EP and then gifted the re-recordings to her fans. Or even sell them, who cares? But I don’t think they should be counted as a new album and should still be counted with the old albums 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah the deluxe albums don’t chart separately so Moonlight will counts towards FN sales. Yeah I’ve bought all her albums except evermore. I bought tickets to the Red tour and Lover Fest. I’m far from a Taylor hater, but I will call out even my faves when they do something I feel is tiptoeing around unethical. I know she loves her fans and wish she would’ve made the vault recordings an EP and then gifted the re-recordings to her fans. Or even sell them, who cares? But I don’t think they should be counted as a new album and should still be counted with the old albums 

I never even thought about her selling the vault recordings as an EP. That would've been incredible! she will probably release all the vault recordings as their own collection after she releases all the albums individually. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: (I would even be mad if she did that.) But as long as she is attaching new tracks, I'll shell out the money. lol But since deluxe editions don't chart separately, then these shouldn't be separate. However, her debut didn't hit number 1. So hopefully, this one can. I would love that. Idk. It's hard. She is my fave.

Question: Do you feel like what Dua is doing with the different versions of FN is a gimmick?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I never even thought about her selling the vault recordings as an EP. That would've been incredible! she will probably release all the vault recordings as their own collection after she releases all the albums individually. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: (I would even be mad if she did that.) But as long as she is attaching new tracks, I'll shell out the money. lol But since deluxe editions don't chart separately, then these shouldn't be separate. However, her debut didn't hit number 1. So hopefully, this one can. I would love that. Idk. It's hard. She is my fave.

Question: Do you feel like what Dua is doing with the different versions of FN is a gimmick?

Yeah I do, but I stan the album so I’m all for it. Plus the visuals give me life and the album cover is to die for 

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You’re talking about releasing the same song. This is re-recording the same songs. It’s not fair. Her old songs should still be allowed to chart, but not these. I don’t get why y’all are pressed. Isn’t the gist of it to give her the profits? She’s still getting the money from these sales. She shouldn’t get more chart records just because there is an entire gimmick campaign around her not owning her masters. This is about her wanting to chart and not because she truly cares she doesn’t own her work. If Billboard came out and said sorry you’re not charting I bet you anything we won’t see Speak Now or any of the others. I know this is a sensitive topic for hardcore Taylor stans like yourself, but it’s the truth 

Whoa you seem to know Taylor very well! Tell me, when exactly did you become friends with her?

58 minutes ago, Xfactor Sam said:

She is gonna re-record all of her previous discography? Im sorry but thats incredibly boring. Like who does that? If I was her fan I would jump off a cliff. Id rather her continue with the Folklore-Evermore-Forevermore-Evenmore-Gimmemore-Alwaysmore saga. Even tho those were just as boring :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Jojo did a few years ago.

• Love 2

I have a genuine question because aside from some very popular songs I haven't been into Taylor (no shade, just a question).

Is Taylor all that good? Because with that pace I feel that in a few years her achievements/awards will "crown" her as one of the best ever.

Are fans and the Academy overreacting, or am I missing something?

Personally, I don't see a problem with her re-recordings charting. If they generate enough sales to chart, then they should chart. As long as Taylor doesn't submit any of them for GRAMMY consideration, I have no issues with this. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: Though, I do get why this is a polarizing issue. I don't really know which angle to look at this from - remixes, reissues, anniversary editions, etc. :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

17 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

I have a genuine question because aside from some very popular songs I haven't been into Taylor (no shade, just a question).

Is Taylor all that good? Because with that pace I feel that in a few years her achievements/awards will "crown" her as one of the best ever.

Tbh, she's a very good and personal songwriter. 

She has at least 1 personal song anyone can relate to.

Especially when you consider everything on the radio is about s€x.

She's also a very good live singe rin my opinion:

I don't really like her first album but everything after that has been amazing to me. She's also very kind towards fans. She holds exclusive listen parties before the album release for a bunch of fans at her own home. I never seen such interaction with fans like she does.

But many hate on her. I'd say, give her music a chance and talk with Swifties about it.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

I think she will honestly go down as one of the greats in music. She is one of the most skillful songwriters of our generation.

Several artists have spoken about working with Taylor in a positive light.

Here is Aaron Dessner from The National:

Aaron Dessner on working with Taylor Swift on 'Folklore': "I’ve rarely been so inspired by someone" (nme.com)

Here is Imogen Heap:

Imogen Heap Talks Working With Taylor Swift: 'I Assumed She Didn't Write Much of Her Music' | Billboard

Here is Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol on their collab "The Last Time":

She was making her Red album. Her and Ed were recording the song they did on the record together in Santa Monica, about two blocks away from where I am standing right now. Ed invited me, with Taylor's permission, to come into the studio and say, "Hi." I'd never met Taylor. She said she was a fan. Apparently, the night before, she and Ed had been playing and singing "Set the Fire to the Third Bar" together. It was lovely to hear that she knew our music, you know. I can't remember if I was bold enough to ask if she wanted to work with me. But it might well have been me. Or if it was her who said, "Do you want to write a song together?" I can't remember. We wrote "The Last Time" together and that was great. The three of us collaborated on it really well. I got to go on tour with her for a gig and we did a few TV shows together. She's lovely.

All that to say that she is genuinely praised by everyone that works with her. She writes on every single one of her songs that she releases. (minus her Christmas EP with some classic covers) She has the most awarded country album in history and the most awarded pop album in history. 

She REALLY. IS. GREAT.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block