[Opinion] As it stands now, her conservatorship (WITH BESSMER serving as co-conservator) is probably for her protection

zxcvb

15 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

In terms of the specific period in January/February 2008, even Adam Streisand said Britney understood why she may need a TEMPORARY conservatorship.

Nobody in the world had the type of terrible coverage she was getting except Michael Jackson.  Something needed to stop that downward spiral.    It's just that her father should have never been her conservator.

He didn't say she understood why she needed it, but that she understood it was imminent, mostly because her father had already filed the petition and it had already been granted thanks to the report of people that met her for 15 minutes that said she was unable to even speak for herself.

If she had the advise of a good lawyer or team of lawyers, they would've found the way to secure her fortune, to set the restraining orders that needed to be placed, without the need of conservatorships. Paparazzi kept following her even after the conservatorship was put in place, so it wasn't like a switch that magically changed her life, but it was a gradual change, that ultimately could've happened without it.

All she really needed was to solve the situation with her kids to stop exposing herself to the paparazzi. No conservatorships were needed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

In terms of the specific period in January/February 2008, even Adam Streisand said Britney understood why she may need a TEMPORARY conservatorship.

She wasn't saying that she needed it.. She said she couldn't avoid it.. it is a huge difference and you are distortion the facts..

It shows that Britney was able to judge and capable to make decisions - and it shows she never needed a c-ship. So you are twisting the facts! :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

:ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:  

4 hours ago, zxcvb said:

This point kind of nails what I was saying.  I NEVER contended her father should have EVER been her conservator,  That's most important.  That should have NEVER HAPPENED.  And it should have been temporary.

Nobody in the world had the type of terrible coverage she was getting except Michael Jackson.  Something needed to stop that downward spiral.    It's just that her father should have never been her conservator.

The problem I have with those years is the abusive coverage she was getting from the media and the public.  If she wasn't in the spotlight would 2007-2008 happen?

As good as Blackout is, Britney should have truly re-negotiated her contract back in 2004/2005 or started her own label.  She was the one already fighting  Jive with Original Doll/Mona Lisa/Do Somethin back then.

Outrageous, the song she injured her knee on, wasn't even a song she wanted as a single. 

It was long past time for her to get out of that machine abusive machine (One that favored Timberlake for probably cheating on her)

No, she would need a conservatorship if she had dementia. That’s what conservatorships are for! 
I agree that maybe she needed to be held in a hospital against her will till her mental health was stabilized, then she  could have therapists and sober coaches and whatever around her, but still being free! 
her not seeing her kids doesn’t justify the conservatorship, that’s what their team uses as leverage, it’s disgusting 

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

He didn't say she understood why she needed it, but that she understood it was imminent, mostly because her father had already filed the petition and it had already been granted thanks to the report of people that met her for 15 minutes that said she was unable to even speak for herself.

If she had the advise of a good lawyer or team of lawyers, they would've found the way to secure her fortune, to set the restraining orders that needed to be placed, without the need of conservatorships. Paparazzi kept following her even after the conservatorship was put in place, so it wasn't like a switch that magically changed her life, but it was a gradual change, that ultimately could've happened without it.

2 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

She wasn't saying that she needed it.. She said she couldn't avoid it.. it is a huge difference and you are distortion the facts..

It shows that Britney was able to judge and capable to make decisions - and it shows she never needed a c-ship. So you are twisting the facts! :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

:ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:  

His exact quote was “The first question I had was, ‘Does Britney have the capacity to be able to hire me?'” Streisand tells the camera. “Does she have the ability to take my advice? The first thing is Britney was able to make the judgment—hey, I get what’s going on, I get that I’m not going to be able to resist this conservatorship, or avoid this conservatorship. That’s a pretty sound judgment. The second thing was she said, ‘I don’t want my father to be the conservator.’ That was her one request. She wanted a professional or somebody independent.”

https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/britney-spears-documentary/

Did Streisand also meet with her family to discuss the conservatorship???

All she really needed was to solve the situation with her kids to stop exposing herself to the paparazzi. No conservatorships were needed.

Ah! But Jordan Miller himself, who as followed the conservatorship from the beginning, admitted that the conservatorship pulled her out of the downward spiral. (He also correctly says that there were other ways that this could have been done, similar to what has already been posted with regards to having a good business manager.)

(2:10)

But if she was going to have a conservatorship, I sure as hell NEVER implied that her father should have EVER been in the role from the beginning.  Just have to make that clear. 

My main point of contention with Britney is the fact that, despite her being an unbelievably hard worker, she was too scrutinized at that age and while her resiliency is to be admired, she should have had the opportunity to be freed from this abusive machine way back in 2004-2005 to release music on her own terms if she still wanted to make music (Original Doll, Mona Lisa, Do Somethin etc...) because her contractual obligations that kept her in the spotlight clearly damaged her mental health as much as anything.

3 hours ago, zxcvb said:

His exact quote was “The first question I had was, ‘Does Britney have the capacity to be able to hire me?'” Streisand tells the camera. “Does she have the ability to take my advice? The first thing is Britney was able to make the judgment—hey, I get what’s going on, I get that I’m not going to be able to resist this conservatorship, or avoid this conservatorship. That’s a pretty sound judgment. The second thing was she said, ‘I don’t want my father to be the conservator.’ That was her one request. She wanted a professional or somebody independent.”

Ah! But Jordan Miller himself, who as followed the conservatorship from the beginning, admitted that the conservatorship pulled her out of the downward spiral. (He also correctly says that there were other ways that this could have been done, similar to what has already been posted with regards to having a good business manager.)

But if she was going to have a conservatorship, I sure as hell NEVER implied that her father should have EVER been in the role from the beginning.  Just have to make that clear. 

My main point of contention with Britney is the fact that, despite her being an unbelievably hard worker, she was too scrutinized at that age and while her resiliency is to be admired, she should have had the opportunity to be freed from this abusive machine way back in 2004-2005 to release music on her own terms if she still wanted to make music (Original Doll, Mona Lisa, Do Somethin etc...) because her contractual obligations that kept her in the spotlight clearly damaged her mental health as much as anything.

The thing is you keep assuming that the conservatorship is/was the only solution that could help her, because is the only scenario that we know.

Conservatorships weren't made for celebrities that are getting harassed by the media or paparazzi or for people that struggle with their finances.

Yes, she needed something to stop that circus, but there were a thousand other options she could've tried first if it was about taking extreme measures, from moving to another city (even if that meant to stay away from the kids for a while), to offering Kevin more money, or just keep with the legal battle.

Even if the family still wanted to intervene, there are other things they could've tried, just give Lutfi a restraining order, get a power of attorney, or you know, they could've asked a judge or an expert for a suggestion. It wasn't the judge who came up with the resolution that a conservatorship was the answer, but it was James who specifically asked for it without trying anything else first.

2 hours ago, One More Time said:

Who knows if BESSEMER works for Jaime? And so do Sam. Under the curtains...:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

The Office No GIF

I'd like to believe that they are going to find out Jaimie's "miscalculations" to put it mildly and then Brenda is going to investigate him and Lou and their ventures. 

But of course corruption runs deep in LA, so anything is possible.

9 hours ago, zxcvb said:

The conservatorship did not pull her out of a downward spiral, it saved her from the paparazzi that’s it. It just helped the team to hide her problems and what was really happening better, do you think out of the blue she gets out of the hospital, releases a successful album that means she’s ok mentally with what’s going on? Have you seen for the record? That Britney is dead, they killed her 

18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

you don't need a conservatorship to get help with finances, otherwise every artist would be under one

heck, Mexican singer Paulina Rubio is currently going through lots of lawsuits in the US because of all the things you mention, breach of contract, debt, she's even engaged in a never ending battle with her ex-husband because of their child, and she's still a free person, that still somehow manages to have gigs and release music every now and then, and keeps pretending to be living the life of her dreams

Even if Britney or any artist went broke, it's not the end of the world, and with someone like Britney that at least back then still had the potential to make a comeback in music, she would've earned back anything that she might've lost in lawsuits. People make mistakes and they have to learn from them, or pay the consequences, but that was a lesson Britney had to learn. She didn't need and doesn't need now any special protection, not more than any other artist of her caliber

Exactly. c-ship is pure BS.

Do people actually think Britney was balancing a check book back in the day? She barely has a high school education. She employed people to do her finances. Larry and all of them failed her. She was young and naive and didn’t have a good support system around her looking out for her best interest financially. If she wants to blow all her money, she should be allowed to. Britney will never be poor. There will always be a demand for her. She can lose all her money tomorrow and secure a book deal to keep her afloat. This she can’t drive or handle her money narrative is disgusting. 

The thing is you keep assuming that the conservatorship is/was the only solution that could help her, because is the only scenario that we know.

Conservatorships weren't made for celebrities that are getting harassed by the media or paparazzi or for people that struggle with their finances.

Yes, she needed something to stop that circus, but there were a thousand other options she could've tried first if it was about taking extreme measures, from moving to another city (even if that meant to stay away from the kids for a while), to offering Kevin more money, or just keep with the legal battle.

Even if the family still wanted to intervene, there are other things they could've tried, just give Lutfi a restraining order, get a power of attorney, or you know, they could've asked a judge or an expert for a suggestion. It wasn't the judge who came up with the resolution that a conservatorship was the answer, but it was James who specifically asked for it without trying anything else first.

24 minutes ago, ivobb said:

The conservatorship did not pull her out of a downward spiral, it saved her from the paparazzi that’s it. It just helped the team to hide her problems and what was really happening better, do you think out of the blue she gets out of the hospital, releases a successful album that means she’s ok mentally with what’s going on? Have you seen for the record? That Britney is dead, they killed her 

To be fair, I clearly included the quote about Jordan saying that there were other ways to approach this besides a conservatorship.

Like the Steel Magnolia agreed, given that she's been in the conservatorship, Bessemer now being the co-conservator is for her protection.

But I never suggested that if she was going to be in a conservatorship in 2008, her pathetic father should have ever been the co-conservator.

We all now know about the conservator abuse going on in the courts.

22 hours ago, zxcvb said:

The Bessemer Trust Group serving as co-conservator for her finances can only be a good thing for securing her financial future. (Although I don't know why they weren't added a decade ago)

Mark Vincent Kaplan makes points that "Prior to the conservatorship being placed over Ms. Spears, her finances were in a terrible state of disarray, there were multiple lawsuits around for breaches of contract and things like that, and now based on what I’ve seen in the press, her estate is north of $50, $60 million, so from that standpoint it seems to me the conservatorship has benefited her financially in that regard," Kaplan argued. "The tradeoff as far as how it impacts her personal freedom or creativity, I can’t speak on that."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/britney-spears-kevin-federline-attorney-conservatorship-provides-layers-protection

That still doesn't mean she was broke, but what I do agree with is that she was facing lawsuits for breaches of contract.  This always goes back to my point that she was only in the spotlight from 2004-2006 because of her contractual obligations, when she should have been out of the spotlight completely to enjoy her marriage. 

All that bull**** from people magazine, us weekly and other tabloids-they all had something to do with her contracts with her label to keep her in the spotlight.  Was she ever really going to enjoy her marriage and motherhood with all that media coverage????  It doesn't make ANY sense in retrospect.

Any reasonable person should agree that, if she wasn't performing during those 2004-2006 years, she shouldn't have been covered at all. (She wouldn't have been if she had moved to Idaho or Montana or New Mexico)  

So this comes back to her label.  Britney worked extremely hard for what she wanted from ...Baby One More Time to In The Zone, with her label's backing.

But the truth is that Britney's label are as much responsible as Justin Timberlake for all that terrible fall out.  They were the ones who presented her as an innocent, virginal image to the media/public so when she was alleged to have cheated, the pathetic media started to try to find more mistakes from her and dissect her personal life.  (She obviously was never going to live up to her teen image standard)  That's the problem with the whole thing: the narrative that only one of them cheated.  That was clearly the false narrative everybody was presented with.

So moving beyond that, while I understand Britney has incredible resiliency, this is challenged by her constantly being scrutinized, which is exacerbated by the pathetic media scrutinizing her social media posts.   

The tightrope is that Britney does not want to dwell on the past but because its so public and she is so famous, she will continue to be an object of not necessarily welcome fascination unless she truly leaves the industry.

I hate KFed and his lawyer so much...he doesn't care because he is getting paid alot of $$ probably to keep quiet...😠😤

10 hours ago, One More Time said:

Who knows if BESSEMER works for Jaime? And so do Sam. Under the curtains...:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Oh don't you know it? In one of the past hearings Ingham exposed Jamie for attempting to reach Bessemer. Bessemer immediately called Ingham to inform him

18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

The situation was far more complex than you're making it out to be.

You're typing this in 2021. She was going through it in 2007 without the benefit of hindsight.

Archived