The Real defends Britney but years ago were slamming her

monkeystar88

I think a major part of mental health awareness and this Britney Spears storyline is that these hosts like The Real specifically Loni Love and Adrienne Ballion  wanna say she deserved better today but a few years ago Adrienne commented about her mental health saying "she can't hold a conversation" and Loni Love saying that she deserved this c-ship/mental health problems because "that's what happens when you steal a man!". I'm having trouble finding the original clip I imagine they had it scrubbed from Youtube. Daine Sawyer should apologize but shouldn't they as well? I think it's time people ask how and if they themselves contributed to this story and are part of the problem too

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/adrienne-bailon-slams-britney-spears-she-cant-hold-a-conversation_n_5b5760b2e4b086f60991d551 a link to where the video currently is

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe someone needs to remind them of what they said. :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:
I agree that there’s a lot of Monday morning quarter backing, half hearted/PR approved (Timberlake et al) apologies that are happening now. Suddenly after the release of a 75 documentary everyone is all “Free Britney”. Truth is, once 2008’s For The Record dropped THAT was when Free Britney should’ve started en masse, not just a select few. The backpedaling is to be expected.:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

While I'm glad to see that at least Loni defended Britney and even brought up Whitney too, it is a bit hypocritical of her and Adrienne to sit there when a few years ago they were dissing her. Sadly the only two co hosts that tried to defend Britney back then are now gone (Tamar Braxton and Tamera Mowry-Housley)

It's clear that most of these ladies didn't even really watch the documentary.

Also the fact that Garcelle Beauvais (bottom right) actually defended Diane, calling her a good journalist and even claiming that it was a different time back then. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

There's a big problem with the way all this things are going in the press, in my opinion. 

All those people apologizing and bringing back the way Britney was treated, the misogyny and the abuse, it's great but it's not where the focus should be, not right now. It almost feels like they saying: "we screwed her, it's our fault, let's make sure we don't do this with another young artist". Ok, nice, you should do that, but Britney is still here, she still dealing with the consequences and she needs help to get out of this mess. Apologize, sure, but what can you do right now to help her?

That's why I think this whole thing should focus on mental health and how bad we treat people with any mental condition (even the most common one like depression). Even in this forum, with all the discussions, I've seen people recently using the term "mental health" as a offense to a member they disagree with.

Mental disorders it's not a offense and does not make someone automatically incapable to take care of themselves. Until we change that mindset, it's going to be hard for Britney to get out of this. 

I'm going to go ahead an assume positive intent here and believe because they likely didn't research the situation and have all the receipts that were in the doc together where they couldn't ignore it.

Either way, the media and public figures have been using her as a cheap way to get some laughs for decades now - its been practically industry standard to...so I don't know if I necessarily put all the blame on The Real girls directly. But they definitely played into this big mess that's lead her to where she is now.

Archived