Justin Timberlake apologises to Britney Spears & Janet Jackson: "I care for and respect these women and I know I failed."

16 hours ago, PZHSB said:

Agreed. Lynne and Justin’s mom apparently still keep in touch so he has the means to convey a message to Britney. 

I wonder if they ever kept in touch after Britney & Justin stopped talking to each other. I just saw that Lynne doesnt even follow his mom on instagram, meanwhile Justins mom follows her, Britney, JL, Kevin and a page dedicated to Britneys children :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: 

I also remember a couple of years ago she left a comment on a Britneys bday post, wishing Britney happy bday and saying she hoped Britney was happy. With her saying that, it feel like she didnt have any contact with the Spears anymore to know how Britney was doing. I wouldnt be surprised if she follows Kevin and the account for the boys, just out of curiosity to see what they have been up to.

• Like 1
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His album must be ready. 

Responding BECAUSE there was backlash , but an apology is an apology, and I'm glad he made it. Better late (really late) than never.

This will get FreeBritney even more press and I am here 4 it

Posted Images

16 hours ago, PZHSB said:

Also how long until Jamie Lynne is all over this? Let’s not forget her tribute to him 

She probably already slided into his DMs saying he didnt need to apologize bc he didnt do anything wrong, that cry me a river is better than Everytime, and asking if someday she will be able to sit on his lap again :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

• Haha 4
Just now, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

She ditched him in 2007? Where? 

Timbaland wanted to do a song with her and Justin, he said Justin was ok. He thought hed save her career :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: then months after he said she needed to apologize to both, that she knew what she did and said she was a big headed basically saying screw u to everyone bc she didnt need anyone. He also said that if she said sorry, the collab would work. He still seems pressed about her till this day. I wonder if she dissed them on the phone or If she said she would show to record the song and never did.

At the vmas, Justin tried to talk to her. His friend said she didnt recognize him, but I think that would be weird considering she listened to his music and bought his album in 2007. I think she probably had a lot on her mind already and didnt want to engage in a conversation with him. Maybe he thought she would open and talk to him and she just treated him like she would treat anyone else at the vmas.

• Like 1

I didn't like this. It took so many years to apologize and it sounds like halfhearted. Of course it's up to the both ladies if they wanna accept or not. I'm not sure if Britney will hear about this tho.

8 hours ago, Antidote said:

Who remember the video from Iheart festival a few years ago during the "Cry me a river" performance he said: "***** why don't you cry about it"?

He did this quite a lot back then, always saying ***** during cmar and doing ***ual gestures :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay: dont forget when he said that sometimes u think u found the one and then u find out shes just some ***** and 'bad *****' too. 

9 hours ago, Xfactor Sam said:

You guys are pulling up a million excuses now. Dont you? How typical of y'all. You wanted an apology. You got your apology. Was it late? Yes. Would a video apology would have been better? Maybe. But it would have been the same words anyway. And we dont even know if he has reached out privately to them. This is a very good step anyway. Stop having so much hate in your souls and learn to forgive. This is not a good look on y'all. Britney herself has moved on and judging by how she has adressed him in recent years, she doesnt hold a grudge against him. Learn from her and cut the guy some slack now. 

idgaf about JT, ain't got enough time to hate on him :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

but waiting for a documentary to blow to do a lazy apology on Notes after his *** got slammed on twitter :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

I'm definitely not gonna praise him for that sorry hun :gunriah_mariah_carey:

reminds me of lea michele :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 5

lip service. an apology thats been forced is no apology at all,  i understand times have changed since the facts and maybe he has to. however this shows to me that he still has not really reflected on this because an apology would have come sooner. He is i dad and husband now so he should have been digging deep and taking responsibility much earlier.  i feel like he just a complete fake, always has been always will be.    

• Like 8

I am loving this kind of press, but I wish he hadn’t mentioned Janet, kind of cheapens it. His connection to Britney is much more relevant. Talking about both at the same time kind of seems like damage control. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Imagine if he did more than just talk and actually fought for her after all these years. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

21 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Respect for JT. He has balls to do it. Not everyone has balls to own up their mistakes. 

It doesn't take balls to jump on a train everyone else has already boarded.

21 hours ago, PZHSB said:

Honestly i don’t think Britney would want any of these too late apologies. This is clearly a pr statement since his new show is taking a hit. I don’t feel it’s genuine or correct to apologize to both Britney and Janet in the same sentence. Both were very different wrong doings. Nice gesture tho 

Yeah, somehow a lot of people are stuck in this "Britney would love it, she's so forgiving" narrative for some reason. It makes her look naive, not 'pure' (and she doesn't need to be). Britney has been known to come back with some sharp comments, as her leaked letters prove. No way she'd aww over this pathetic gesture. She's well aware he's trying to stay relevant using her name to boost his engagement... AGAIN.

• Haha 1

I know we're all divided over him and his response, but does anyone else like NSYNC songs, but when it comes to him personally you're not a fan? There are times I didn't like what he said and did about Britney, but still am a fan of him in NSYNC.

I don't know if I am explaining it right, but hope you get what I mean.

• Like 1

Mmm K. I am sure this has been said before but this is how I feel.

For two decades this man took every opportunity to not just talk **** but exploit and profit of her. Nsync was becoming a tired boyband, boybands were fading, Justin was making moves to fly solo. Brit made Justin seem manlier and cooler than he was. She put his work on her album Britney to showcase his skills. Timberland gave him an urban edge. Then he gained more public sympathy because he didn’t just say and sing she cheated. He also makes a video. A video of breaking into her house and stalking her and having revenge *** in her bed with another person. All Access Pass for the media and paps.
The Media would not have been half as cruel to her if he didn’t publicly vilify her. He made an album, single, music video, tv, radio, magazine, phone interviews at her expense. For 20 years. Could you imagine your first serious relationship publicly **** shaming you, your kid, your family, or your friend. He did not just steal her thunder. This man demolished her and then constructed his entire solo image/career/fortune from her rubble. Then gleefully sings “ The Damage Is Done So I Guess I’ll Be Leaving”  and moves on to grope Kylie Monogue and leave Janet to be shamed for their stunt. To this day what people think about when they hear Justin Timberlakes name. “Oh Cry Me A River.” This wasn’t just a break up or scandalous divorce and a cute song. This is like bullying that we have never seen. Imagine the entire world turning on you, globally people are stalking you, hounding you. Everywhere. 
He knew all her secrets and most vulnerable spots and insecurities. 

He is willing to publicly shame women, cheat on them, including on his wife, and degrade them, exploit them, but will not come to their defense. But apologizes long after to save face. so yeah. I am not going to build my bridges higher while Justin is singing for more water.

Kevin then did the same ****, helped Jamie take her money, kids, freedom. 

Its great people are being apologetic. Maybe we all should examine how we could have done better so we can do and be better going forward. All the public attention is to bring awareness to Britney. This movement is about justice for her. It’s not an apology tour for people to be absolved of their guilt or a blame game. I think these are important discussions that need to be had to grow. How we have treated her is a reflection of how women/girls are treated, conservatorships are handled etc. Also how we allow grown men to treat women and girls.

• Love 2