Justin Timberlake apologises to Britney Spears & Janet Jackson: "I care for and respect these women and I know I failed."

4 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Or post a chopped up video of her dancing to "What Goes Around" with a caption like: 

"Is it still cool to post dancing videos on Instagram or should I be using TikTok like the Keisha song 😅😅😅💃!!!!! I'm bored so decided to be spontaneous so don't mind the no makeup look 🙄. PS I love this man's music and TOTALLY respect all of his words ...... he is truly brilliant !!!! JT knows how to shut it down  !!!! Pssss can't believe IT'S ENDING THIS WAY 😜 !!!!!! :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

Too accurate! :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Wow..... I'm kind of speechless. Like someone said in another thread, this documentary is doing wonders. I never thought I'd see this day. Of course, he needs to clean his act before releasing his new album, but the way that apology was written reveals that the change of heart is real. Good for him.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Apologies in text are about as good as a breakup over sms. It would have been more genuine and profound if the words had come from his actual mouth. Unfortunately, anyone on his team could have written that. There was nothing personal or revealing there at all. Knowing JT, it's virtual sentiments: aka, existing only in fantasy and imagination.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Xfactor Sam said:

You guys are pulling up a million excuses now. Dont you? How typical of y'all. You wanted an apology. You got your apology. Was it late? Yes. Would a video apology would have been better? Maybe. But it would have been the same words anyway. And we dont even know if he has reached out privately to them. This is a very good step anyway. Stop having so much hate in your souls and learn to forgive. This is not a good look on y'all. Britney herself has moved on and judging by how she has adressed him in recent years, she doesnt hold a grudge against him. Learn from her and cut the guy some slack now. 

Someone can move on for their own sanity, not because they actually got over it. There's no getting over what JT did. It's written in the history books. He's just trying to change the demon narrative to benefit himself. I genuinely doubt he actually feels remorse given he's serial cheated on Jessica Biel. He's just sorry, like they always are, to be called out on it. People have a right not to accept an apology. In fact, I'd wager it will take just as long to change their minds as it took for the initial hurt. You do forget that he mentioned her to promote himself while on tour, right? It wasn't a one time or a one day thing. It was repeated and incessant behavior that triggered a slew of hate and bullying directed at Britney.  So, I'll wait the 20 years it took him to apologize to see where his real sentiments lie. If he says nothing after this, you know it was fake.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, generation glory said:

Not to beat a dead horse cuz we all know Timberlake is a ********* but this takes the cake! How condescending!! If it weren’t for the documentary Janet and Britney would have never gotten a pr approved apology from him uugghh. So foul. :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Justin’s gonna have to announce *NSYNC reunion tour or something to take peoples mind off of his DECADES LONG HISTORY of ***ism, misogyny, disrespectful behavior (Sza anymore?) and cultural appropriation.

It sounds like he made the answer more about race. Yikes! 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Xfactor Sam said:

You guys are pulling up a million excuses now. Dont you? How typical of y'all. You wanted an apology. You got your apology. Was it late? Yes. Would a video apology would have been better? Maybe. But it would have been the same words anyway. And we dont even know if he has reached out privately to them. This is a very good step anyway. Stop having so much hate in your souls and learn to forgive. This is not a good look on y'all. Britney herself has moved on and judging by how she has adressed him in recent years, she doesnt hold a grudge against him. Learn from her and cut the guy some slack now. 

Period! No one is saying that this apology post will magically make the past go away. That's not what apologies are for. Apologies, generally, are for acknowledging your wrongdoings in whatever situation(s) you were apart of, whether it's something specific or just in general (like he did here). And that's what he did. He acknowledged that he played a part in the downfall of both Britney & Janet, and yes, he should've apologized many years ago. He should've apologized to Janet before ever doing the Halftime show again a few years ago. He should've apologized to Britney years ago, perhaps during her breakdown in 2007. But he did now. He didn't stay silent for years and then passed away before giving any apology statements, he did it now as a 40 year old man with two kids & years of experience. And that's all that matters.

If he were to have made a video instead of a Notes app post, people would've made memes of whatever facial expressions he had or whatever words he said & dismissed that too. A video wouldn't have changed anything. And like you said, we don't know if he's actually privately reached out to these women recently, or perhaps longer ago and we don't even know it.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

I didn't hear anything about fingering, what did you mean finger? What exactly was JT trying to imply throughout the whole video?

The fingers story was on the 2008 RS issue about her 

IMG-20210213-024349-397.jpg

I hope this story goes viral bc the choreographer (who is like 10 years older than Britney!!!) and RS have to be called out about this bs too!!

He was saying on the video that every day they would ask him about Britney and Janet. And then he said that people thought they could ask him anything and pry on, so that got on his nerves. It shows a bit of the interview where he said he ***** Britney where he says "i dont want to talk about someone else"

His fans wanted to say that they pushed him to say as if It makes anything better when he ended up saying anyway :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

16 hours ago, PZHSB said:

Agreed. Lynne and Justin’s mom apparently still keep in touch so he has the means to convey a message to Britney. 

I wonder if they ever kept in touch after Britney & Justin stopped talking to each other. I just saw that Lynne doesnt even follow his mom on instagram, meanwhile Justins mom follows her, Britney, JL, Kevin and a page dedicated to Britneys children :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: 

I also remember a couple of years ago she left a comment on a Britneys bday post, wishing Britney happy bday and saying she hoped Britney was happy. With her saying that, it feel like she didnt have any contact with the Spears anymore to know how Britney was doing. I wouldnt be surprised if she follows Kevin and the account for the boys, just out of curiosity to see what they have been up to.