Britney’s first release (post-Jaimie) needs to be...

CenterOfTheRing98

...along the lines of Prince’s Emancipation album. It dawned on me from seeing an ad for this album’s vinyl release.

Title - Referencing Prince’s release from his contract with Warner Bros (who he hated working for). Would be bad *** if she would reference freedom in some capacity.

Content - Very personal, but intentionally because he had more creative control. (We heard this re: how Brit WORKED ON Glory, but she ultimately didn’t have any say in singles, track list, visuals, etc.) Also, Prince could finally record covers of other artists, as WB wouldn’t let him, so he put FOUR covers on the album. We love when Britney covers other artists, and I think she would love to do it again too.

Oh, and it’s also three discs running three hours total. Obviously, I doubt that could ever happen with RCA/Britney’s case, but clearly we can get a double album or at least more than 10/12 songs on a standard edition. Make the deluxe version with a whole extra disc (live mixes, bonus tracks, remixes, etc). 

I just hate how her releases have been handled (which has to be more of a team issue than a label issue) when we could get not only better content, but more, like this. What do you think?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived