My Grandfather just mentioned Britney...

FemmeFataleBrit

So my grandfather is pretty clueless in general. He’s smart but he’s mostly unaware of things. We live in a country in which most American musicians aren’t even discussed a lot. Heck, the last celebrity that came out that my grandparents can name is Lady Gaga and before that... Britney. They don’t even know what a ‘Beyoncé’ or a ‘Rihanna’ is.

So it was on TV and there was a discussion going on and he asked me to explain the whole thing to him and he sat there and listened patiently and asked questions. He doesn’t even know I’m a Britney fan. 

I know we all probably have stories like this but this was so relevant to me because of the fact that this is a man who doesn’t even know famous names like Taylor Swift and yet he was made aware of Britney’s case and he’s supporting her completely.

Even my grandmother spoke about her ‘horrible situation’ at the beginning of the battle back in 2018!

Well done, all you guys on raising awareness to something like this!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived