Joseph Kahn: Britney Spears is genuinely nice. I never understood the hate. Humans suck.

Slayer

1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

I think unkindness is the biggest indicator of the lack of respect. I also think that these unkind people show their lack of respect by using genuinely nice people as a tool to get what they want, in Britney's case that is fame or clout. Even Joseph Kahn himself can be blamed for using Britney's name for promotion of his art. 

I get you, I think I misunderstood your first comment. But you're right, so many people have used her and somehow she remained graceful & sensitive and I admire that so much :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Salsa555 said:

I get you, I think I misunderstood your first comment. But you're right, so many people have used her and somehow she remained graceful & sensitive and I admire that so much :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Collaboration is required to create successful things, so in a way we all "use" people to get what we want but it is important to consider others' feelings in that process. I think some people may not even be aware. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I guess it's a survival mechanism that big city people learn to become numb since they are all clawing each other to get to the top. 

This!!! I experienced the same situation when I moved from my little town from the south of Spain to Barcelona. I tried to be nice with people while I was having fun and living all the things I couldn’t do in the past as a gay boy sorrounded by hate, but what I got was just the same from most of them. I introduced myself in the gay community and I just got hate, envy and isolation from many people. I felt underappreciated just for being a southern boy. Most people in big cities  try to climb playing a fake character and being toxic with the rest, I had to moved away to get a new healthy life ‘cause even my closest “friends” weren’t supportive and they didn’t want me to shine and be happy like them. They turned me into an unhappy and toxic person just for treating me like I didn’t deserve the same good things they wanted.

So, in some kind of way, I feel like I understand Britney’s pain and I think so many people, that were mean with her just because it was a popular thing to treat her like a shade toy, should be embarrassed with themselves. They suck.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

This!!! I experienced the same situation when I moved from my little town from the south of Spain to Barcelona. I tried to be nice with people while I was having fun and living all the things I couldn’t do in the past as a gay boy sorrounded by hate, but what I got was just the same from most of them. I introduced myself in the gay community and I just got hate, envy and isolation from many people. I felt underappreciated just for being a southern boy. Most people in big cities  try to climb playing a fake character and being toxic with the rest, I had to moved away to get a new healthy life ‘cause even my closest “friends” weren’t supportive and they didn’t want me to shine and be happy like them. They turned me into an unhappy and toxic person just for treating me like I didn’t deserve the same good things they wanted.

So, in some kind of way, I feel like I understand Britney’s pain and I think so many people, that were mean with her just because it was a popular thing to treat her like a shade toy, should be embarrassed with themselves. They suck.

That's horrible! Please don't think it's you; rather you're just surrounding yourself with crappy people. I never thought I would come out but when I did, I mostly experienced love and understanding. Anybody who acted differently, or made jokes like "it's AdaM And eVE noT AdaM And STevE :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:", were never true friends and I felt much more liberated after cutting them out. Not to turn this into an "It Gets Better" post, but I really believe as you become more comfortable with yourself, people will react positively, and if they don't, they're trash :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

I do agree with you about Britney's pain. The documentary was really illuminating in how unfairly she was treated, and for what? Because she had spent years trying to be whatever strangers and businesspeople wanted her to be? Because she thought she found someone who loved her and would make her happy and he ended up being garbage? Because she tore down the image of the perfectly shiny America's Sweetheart that she never even wanted? Because as a young mother, who was followed every day and scrutinized for every action she made, got caught making some mistakes that were probably driven by fear and panic when it came to her kids? Because after giving her all for 2 years to raise her kids, while her husband did whatever he wanted, she decided to enjoy some freedom? Because she wore what she wanted for herself and DIDN'T THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

All of this probably shattered her confidence to the point where she probably felt it was easier to say nothing at all rather than be criticized for saying the wrong thing. It sounds very similar to how you were feeling, based on your post, and I hope you and Britney both realize there are lots of good people out there and you'll find them so hang in there :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 2

When I first moved to London from my tiny home country and made friends, I was labelled as "fake" so many times, It hurt. Just because I was nice. Because I was brought up to be  nice and forgiving.. 

After one too many incidents, I started challenging them and ended the "friendships". Them hoes did not deserve me. I now realise that even though it still affects me how they were so disrespectful just because someone was being nice to them. Probably they were raised by wolves. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 3
10 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Society doesn't respect genuinely nice people - especially in Los Angeles culture. Britney is a beautiful small town girl who made success look easy and it made people get filled with envy. 

This.
Modern society loves trash.  They love drama, theatrics, negativity, scandals, etc. 
Positivity, kindness, humbleness is boring to today's culture, which is why media rarely focuses on that unless there's something dramatic that'll drive views/clicks.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Salsa555 said:

Interesting, can you go into more detail? I understand nice people being mistreated because they're easy targets, but why do you say 'not respect'? Surely kindness is admirable? I'm from the UK, I know of the LA stereotype but didn't imagine it to be that bad 

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Not to discount @jordeezy's experience, but I can tell you it's not that bad. I was born and raised in Los Angeles (well, Culver City, to be exact) and I've heard many East Coasters (mainly jaded New Yorkers who keep moving west) claim L.A. is full of "fake" disingenuous people. 🙄

This has not been my personal experience. Sure, those types exist - but I would bet most of them are transplants who came to L.A. from elsewhere with dreams of making it big in the entertainment industry. But in reality, the vast majority of Angelenos (native or otherwise) have no connection to the industry and are not preoccupied with the idea of being famous. 😏

I'm in my 30s now and I'm still friends with many of my friends from school. We're fun, friendly, happy Californians. We live like it's summer. Every. Single. Day. 🌞

:cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Salsa555 said:

exactly that sensitivity, vulnerability makes her so wonderful and admired by most people :) i often wonder why many people in the industry are so narcassistic and ego-driven, have they always been like that (narc parents or just parents who bombarded them with love) and just feel entitled because of their talent, or have they actually supressed their sensitive core because of the "Loud" noise and elbow mentality around them? ive never seen kids by celebs who managed to stay humble and down to earth, most of them tend to get similar traits like their parents and just think they are the freaking queen/king of the world...do you know what i mean?

• Love 1