Joseph Kahn: Britney Spears is genuinely nice. I never understood the hate. Humans suck.

Slayer

5 hours ago, jordeezy said:

When I first moved from the South to the West Coast (for my boyfriend), I tried being social. I was appalled by how fake so many people are - it's hard to make lasting connections. I then realized people actually thought I was being "Fake nice" and making up stories about my home town. It was weird to me. It took me a while to understand the culture differences between the West coast and East Coast. 

I hooked up with a guy in LA once while on vacation, he was so fake and rude. They’re not genuine out there at all, I have family that lives there and I can even say they’re fake af

• Like 3
4 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Society doesn't respect genuinely nice people - especially in Los Angeles culture. 

Interesting, can you go into more detail? I understand nice people being mistreated because they're easy targets, but why do you say 'not respect'? Surely kindness is admirable? I'm from the UK, I know of the LA stereotype but didn't imagine it to be that bad 

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Salsa555 said:

Interesting, can you go into more detail? I understand nice people being mistreated because they're easy targets, but why do you say 'not respect'? Surely kindness is admirable? I'm from the UK, I know of the LA stereotype but didn't imagine it to be that bad 

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I think unkindness is the biggest indicator of the lack of respect. I also think that these unkind people show their lack of respect by using genuinely nice people as a tool to get what they want, in Britney's case that is fame or clout. Even Joseph Kahn himself can be blamed for using Britney's name for promotion of his art. 

2 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

This is exactly why she gets the hate, because she's a genuinely nice and sweet person and unfortunately, society likes to see people like her torn down. I agree that humans can suck.

as a genuinely nice and sweet person i can sort of relate. jealousy at the workplace and people manipulating into thinking somethings wrong with you, when its actually THEM

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Britman512 said:

I hooked up with a guy in LA once while on vacation, he was so fake and rude. They’re not genuine out there at all, I have family that lives there and I can’t even say they’re fake af

funny you say that, i went to LA two years ago and was hit on by a guy in the subway...he only wanted to know my insta handle and what i do for a living. never heard of him since :D

• Haha 2
  • Like 2