Media Spin: TMZ vs Global News

Scrappy

Don’t you love how they spin things?  I’m not linking the trash TMZ article that stated Britney lost in court as it is  inaccurate misinformation.  Here’s the real deal by reputable journalists:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7636399/britney-spears-father-court-battle-conservatorship/amp/

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brenda Penny overruled the objections of Jamie Spears’ attorney, Vivian Lee Thoreen, who argued that he should not yield previously granted rights and powers while working with his new co-conservator, The Bessemer Trust.

The judge’s decision was a minor victory for Britney Spears. Ingham, appointed by the court to speak directly for Spears in the conservatorship’s decisions, repeated that her goal is to have her father out entirely.

But damn do Team Con like to try and change the narrative to fit their warped world view.  At least no one is buying it anymore.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sorry but where did this conspiracy theory / false narrative come from where some of you fanatics think Jamie or ‘team-con’ is funding TMZ? TMZ is literally notorious for being one of, if not the most ruthless / unaccredited ‘news’ outlet and for constantly spinning the truth. As sad it is sounds, it’s what gets them numbers and viewers. I mean the fact that TMZ reported on Kobe’s death and breached invasion of privacy behind Vanessa’s back and the victims of the crash should tell you enough about how senseless they are.

That TMZ headline is pure clickbait. No mention of the fact that Jamie's objections were refused, instead they state Britney's request was refused. 

Thankfully, for once, it would appear other news outlets are not using TMZ as their source and are reporting what actually happened inside the courtroom.

Archived