Justin Timberlake should remove cry me.. from his discography

BigFan

18 hours ago, Salsa555 said:

I honestly think the theme of 'what goes around...' is worse, its so vindictive. The way the video ends is creepy too :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

THIS.

The expression on his face, he just seems so pleased with himself in that video. I do like the song a lot but he is kicking her when she’s down! 

I also believe he plays around with Britney’s Everytime video here, it being a supposed follow on & apology to Cry Me...

There’s a scene where Scarlett is submerged in the pool and he pulls her out of the water, asking if she is crazy - I think he is connecting the moment Britney falls under in Everytime to his own music video here. It’s weird!:smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, femmefatoole said:

I think he is connecting the moment Britney falls under in Everytime to his own music video here. It’s weird!:smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

YESS, I've been saying that for years but people thought I was reaching!! Scarlett even had on a nude coloured dress like Brit

:airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

He saved her from taking her own life in the pool (or tub) then wrote for her to die in a horrible car accident instead?... why? boy needs therapy. 

53 minutes ago, Salsa555 said:

YESS, I've been saying that for years but people thought I was reaching!! Scarlett even had on a nude coloured dress like Brit

:airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

He saved her from taking her own life in the pool (or tub) then wrote for her to die in a horrible car accident instead?... why? boy needs therapy. 

Ahhhhhhh!!! Great minds think alike, I noticed the nude outfit too. It’s so bizarre that video and it’s like it’s not even discussed by either fandom as the ‘Britney’ song - he straight up puts her in a car wreck :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

I'm sorry, but no. Removing it isn't gonna do anything.

That "flop single" you're referring to was actually the "flop single" that launched his solo career. Put the Britney drama aside, it's still one of the biggest songs of the 2000s, at least from a R&B or male artist perspective. When you think of JT's hits, that song will always be in that conversation, regardless of the Britney drama. It was more-so the video that did more damage than the song itself, with having a Britney look-alike in it, so if there's anything people should demand to be "deleted", it's the video. But even then, much like the Janet incident, nothing ever really gets erased in this business. So even if he deletes the song or video, people will still drag him for it anyway.

You can listen to Liar before Cry Me a River. It will do the same thing. 

I'm left in the ash from the bridges you burned
Kamikaze fire come down
Fire come down, fire-fire come down

It's too late for apologies
(Ah) Nothing you can offer me now
(Ah) I'm looking at you on your knees
(Ah) And I'm all listened out

:ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

On 2/11/2021 at 10:30 PM, Salsa555 said:

I honestly think the theme of 'what goes around...' is worse, its so vindictive. The way the video ends is creepy too :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

MTE!! The fact Scarjo dies on the video after cheating on him with his friend and on that part, it plays "u got what u deserved" :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

And him to be write that in late 2005 when Britney just had a baby and there were rumours about Kevin cheating on her. Whats worse is Kevins friend is Justins choreographer and one of Kevins best man on his marriage to Britney is also friendly with JT. Not to mention securities that used (or still work) for Justin and also are friendly with Kevin. The fact Kevin went to a JT show and party in 2007, I wouldnt be suprised If Justin knew for a fact (thru people they had in common) that Kevin was indeed cheating on Britney. 

In 2006 he gave an interview that he seemed so ******* pressed saying "i dont know that person anymore, I dont think I ever did. If I had to write an article about her, I wouldnt be able to fight the urge to say every little dirty thing about her". I mean, why the **** did he feel the need to say smt like this about an ex that was pregnant and married to a man he knew? When u were dating Cameron and on top of the world with his career? I mean, move the **** on?

I feel the song is really good (well written), but I always felt weird liking it bc its so ******* bitter and vegenful.

6 hours ago, femmefatoole said:

THIS.

The expression on his face, he just seems so pleased with himself in that video. I do like the song a lot but he is kicking her when she’s down! 

I also believe he plays around with Britney’s Everytime video here, it being a supposed follow on & apology to Cry Me...

There’s a scene where Scarlett is submerged in the pool and he pulls her out of the water, asking if she is crazy - I think he is connecting the moment Britney falls under in Everytime to his own music video here. It’s weird!:smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Everytime also seems to be connected to TKO, there are some similarities between both videos. 

• Super Mods

while I personally don't like him, the video and the song is really good, we gotta be fair cuz if the tables turned around, we would make Britney an exemption. It's art, it's what he wants to express and Britney knew it was a good song and video hence why she gave Jive the okay to let them release it cuz as much as Jive gets hate for controlling her, they did came to her and said that they were willing to shelve the video for her if she didn't want it release. It is what it is, are we gonna try to erase slavery from the history books. This is like the height of cancel culture again, IMO I think Justin should've apologized with a video as his post just seems like it was cleaned up by a PR person. 

He just has to stop bringing Britney up every *** **** time :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

6 hours ago, femmefatoole said:

Ahhhhhhh!!! Great minds think alike, I noticed the nude outfit too. It’s so bizarre that video and it’s like it’s not even discussed by either fandom as the ‘Britney’ song - he straight up puts her in a car wreck :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

I think its bc he tried to deny over and over again the song was about her, so people bought it, even tho he did the same with cmar and only admitted it was about her like 10 years later without saying her name (Timbaland said tho), both Timbaland and Danja said they had no direction for the album until JT said "lets make another cry me a river" and him saying on interviews that he had the experience to relay the message and he knew right after people would relate the song to Britney. 

He always wanted to say the song was about his best friend but he wrote the song in late 2005, his friend just had broken up, so how could he know the guy his friends ex cheated with, was already cheating on her? Lol i think that story probably inspired him, but I also think the song is about Britney. I remember a show he did that he sang Holy Grail, what goes around (with my cherie amour) and then cry me a river lol 

Theres also the whole connection to Kevin (friends, choreographer, securities), so I bet he probably knew Kevin was indeed cheating on her and the fact Justin still seemed pressed about her in 2006. A couple of years ago Justin said that he didnt have to be sad anymore to write a song, that he could draw from past experiences.

On the video he also asks his friend to keep an eye on his gf for him, and Wade used to be with Britney a lot, even when Justin couldnt be with her, he said they were super close and alike. 

TKO also has some similarities with Everytime. 

1 hour ago, Puppy said:

while I personally don't like him, the video and the song is really good, we gotta be fair cuz if the tables turned around, we would make Britney an exemption. It's art, it's what he wants to express and Britney knew it was a good song and video hence why she gave Jive the okay to let them release it cuz as much as Jive gets hate for controlling her, they did came to her and said that they were willing to shelve the video for her if she didn't want it release. It is what it is, are we gonna try to erase slavery from the history books. This is like the height of cancel culture again, IMO I think Justin should've apologized with a video as his post just seems like it was cleaned up by a PR person. 

He just has to stop bringing Britney up every *** **** time :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

I agree about the song being his art, but he deceived her about the video and she said herself that If she knew itd be like that (he never said to her, he implied it was no biggie and she believed him), she would have said no to that ****. She wasnt ok with the video back then, she even shaded him for that.

2 hours ago, conceptuel said:

who cares though :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

it must've hurt him that he launched his solo career only because he's been cheated on and cried like a puss puss after that :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

wonder how he felt when Britney's been ranked among the most powerful women in 2004 :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

guess that's why he focused on JJ

She was actually named the most powerful woman by Forbes a couple of months after their break up :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

8 hours ago, femmefatoole said:

THIS.

2 hours ago, Bundy said:

MTE!! The fact Scarjo dies on the video after cheating on him with his friend and on that part, it plays "u got what u deserved" :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

And him to be write that in late 2005 when Britney just had a baby and there were rumours about Kevin cheating on her. Whats worse is Kevins friend is Justins choreographer and one of Kevins best man on his marriage to Britney is also friendly with JT. Not to mention securities that used (or still work) for Justin and also are friendly with Kevin. The fact Kevin went to a JT show and party in 2007, I wouldnt be suprised If Justin knew for a fact (thru people they had in common) that Kevin was indeed cheating on Britney. 

In 2006 he gave an interview that he seemed so ******* pressed saying "i dont know that person anymore, I dont think I ever did. If I had to write an article about her, I wouldnt be able to fight the urge to say every little dirty thing about her". I mean, why the **** did he feel the need to say smt like this about an ex that was pregnant and married to a man he knew? When u were dating Cameron and on top of the world with his career? I mean, move the **** on?

I feel the song is really good (well written), but I always felt weird liking it bc its so ******* bitter and vegenful.

Yeah, the storylines/concepts for those videos were quite... chilling. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay::awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: I've never liked the "What Goes Around" video, tbh. It's quite obvious Britney was the main inspiration for all of his breakup/revenge songs. I can't really speak on TKO and other stuff though, I feel like those were just meant to be "relatable" songs. But the Everytime parallel is hard to ignore with TKO.

I definitely think, besides the Britney doc, fatherhood & getting older has probably made him rethink a lot of those times, and while he may have felt a bit pressured to make this public statement, if he truly didn't want to do this, he could've easily stayed silent like he always does.

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Bundy said:

I agree about the song being his art, but he deceived her about the video and she said herself that If she knew itd be like that (he never said to her, he implied it was no biggie and she believed him), she would have said no to that ****. She wasnt ok with the video back then, she even shaded him for that.

yeah but what happened happened, like we as a society needs to stop erasing things because we were ashamed of it. For sure she wasn't pleased about the video but she's someone that is like "okay it happened, like what can you do about it? sit down and cry about or hop in your mercedes and grab a mcdonalds." 

4 hours ago, Brit Brit said:

Yeah, the storylines/concepts for those videos were quite... chilling. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay::awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: I've never liked the "What Goes Around" video, tbh. It's quite obvious Britney was the main inspiration for all of his breakup/revenge songs. I can't really speak on TKO and other stuff though, I feel like those were just meant to be "relatable" songs. But the Everytime parallel is hard to ignore with TKO.

I definitely think, besides the Britney doc, fatherhood & getting older has probably made him rethink a lot of those times, and while he may have felt a bit pressured to make this public statement, if he truly didn't want to do this, he could've easily stayed silent like he always does.

I think TKO is about her. If u pay attention, some things he says on some songs he had said on others and interviews about her. The fact he said he was addicted to her makes me think it has smt to do with the opening phrase lol and tko seems to be about an ex he still had smt with. For like a year, they still had some contact and there were even rumours they still had smt (smt Fred Drust and Johnny Wright said/implied). And she was seen kissing Colin Farrell a few days after his bday she went. Or Fred Durst, he said Britney ditched him for Justin once and there was a story months after that they were at the same party and kept distance from each other. On the song he talks about seeing her with other guy.

Both cmar and wgaca are creepy af. wgaca is even darker. Tko is also weird with all those scenes with them fighting, making out and the girl dragging him on the desert lol he sure damn knows how to make some bitter videos lol

He did seem to chill down after 2014 tbh. And until a couple of years ago hed only talk about cmar :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: but I think he stopped acting so damn butthurt over nothing. And last year he defended the denim outfit and liked that Britney pic Zoe Kravitz posted. But who knows if he still thought he did smt wrong, his ego seems so big. I hope he stopped being bitter about her bc with all this **** in her life, she doesnt need more negative energy than she already has with the whole cship bs. I think he felt forced to say smt bc he was being dragged af everywhere. If he dared to post anything before addressing the backlash, people would drag him even more, and we all know he cares a lot about his image and career. Tbh? I hope he doesnt mention her ever again, not after he could have supported #FreeBritney. He could even give an interview talking about Jamie like that chef did, I bet Justin knows some **** about that old ****. I think hed probably try to avoid to say anything related to her ever again. He still dared to say after that Buzzfeed article that went viral, but that wasnt anything like what happened now.

Archived