~New~ Britney Spears song "Satisfying" (2021)

• Leader
15 hours ago, Brit Brit said:

To be fair though, people make remixes all the time. Just because a documentary came out and now this FB stuff is hitting the fan even more, doesn't mean that's gonna be put on hold. If anything, there might be more stuff like this happening in the community now that she's the most trending artist right now.

But I understand, though. I'm also a producer/remix producer and I actually have a "Burning Up" remix that I plan to release. I contemplated on putting it out sooner than planned in light of this situation, but my gut just doesn't feel right doing that as I feel I would only be doing it for clout and I'm not comfortable with that, so I'll probably put it out sometime in March. I'm sure it won't get as much attention because by then, this stuff won't be as big in the news, but I don't care.

That's so interesting because I was thinking this was the best time to put something out - to celebrate her music. I wanted to highlight her 2021 voice and share a song. 

We can promote #FreeBritney and also simultaneously enjoy her music. 

Personally no matter what I do people accuse me of using Britney, so there is no opportune time for me. And we started this mix the same day she posted that video. I personally wanted people to have this sooner than later. It blew up in my face clearly but I'm still proud of this song. Honestly, one of the best Britney-related things I've ever been a part of. ~New~ was a terrible word obviously to use, but my mindset really did feel like this was new :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: That's honestly where my head was at. I was just too excited and jumped the gun without thinking. I was like wow Britney laid down vocals on IG and we're making an original track out of it. Not excusing what happened, but I want people to know I wasn't like "let's pull one over on them :evilpatrick_spongebob_mad_meme:"

I was like omg let's give them a bop with a sound that touches on Blackout but feels fresh. Nick seriously brought that vision to mf liiiiiife 👏 

We went back and forth back and forth back and forth. And the song kept getting better and better. At one point I was like no more editing! 😂 It's perfect the way it is. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
15 hours ago, Brit Brit said:

Well... I see it is a troll song. Knew. it. Well, like I said, April 1st isn't for a while, but I actually lowkey love this! :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: Go off, Jordan.  Plus, I'm a sucker for anything @remixedbynickdoes.

I feel like y'all need to take a chill pill. The minute he titled it as "Satisfying", it was kinda've obvious this was gonna be a fanmade song from one of her IG posts.

I honestly thought people would see ~new~ (as in being sarcastic) and the word "Satisfying" and instantly know. So I wanted to have sooooome mystery surrounding it. But yea, clearly that was a big big mistake. I genuinely do feel bad about it and am sorry. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
15 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

It was obvious it was from the Instagram post from the get go honestly. The entire countdown and hype was a set up for failure for those who couldn't pick up on it the upside down smile and callback to the kinetic sand in the title

Yea honestly I thought I was being a little cryptic but that people would know. Boy I learned to not be mysterious cause :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

14 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Honestly it was a big mistake doing it that way. I feel like the toothpaste is out of the tube and I can't go back and change it, but moving forward I will make sure I'm extra careful. I wrongfully presumed people knew what ~new~ meant. I thought people used that to be sarcastic, but WHEW I was wrong. 

Don't worry about it, man. Everyone's highly strung at the moment with everything that's going on. It was a bit irritating to wait that long for it to be the anti-climax that it was but it's not like you've done anything malicious or problematic. In fact, it's pretty funny in hindsight (but please don't mess with my new Britney music emotions ever again 😂)

• Leader
5 minutes ago, femmefatoole said:

@Jordan Miller as if you were subject to bullying during the latest rally, I had no idea! That is so unbelievably gross, such a thing should be a safe space for all Britney fans! 

Where the song is concerned it is simply down to the premiere feature dude, between the title & release it was way too ambiguous and it seems as though - emphasis on seems, that it was to generate a buzz on YT. 

You absolutely do not deserve to be crucified for an easy mistake, however. Nor should you be crucified for making money off of BH, making money is a sad reality and people should relate.  Guess that you just have to roll with the punches when it comes to the internet! 

Yea ngl that rally part sucked a lot. I felt like I wasn't in the NYT doc and then the rally comments and then the Satisfying fiasco and yesterday I started to feel like damn this community doesn't want me 

I know that sounds dramatic but it made me kinda question wtf am I doing with my life :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

19 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I can see why people see me as exploiting Britney and all that. I personally don't agree. I work really hard. Yes, BH generates money, but guys... I went and got a stable job because I couldn't make enough money (and believe me I tried for 8 years) running BH alone. I don't have any interest in exploiting Britney for money. Ideally when my life turns around financially and I can afford to do so, BH/Exhale will be ad free. I don't like ads. But right now it's a necessary "evil."

Not to be dramatic, but when I went on the live stream for the Zoom rally and people were saying in the comments that I didn't belong there and that people were leaving cause I came in, it hurt. Then this song which we worked super hard on, that I am still bopping to cause it's 🔥 was totally overshadowed by my mistake of calling it ~new~ - It was a rough day ngl, but I do feel better this morning.

I want to continue fighting for Britney's autonomy and all that. I'm not going anywhere. But I also feel like it's not good to get too close to the flame and be so public about things because look what happens. One slip up and all your hard work is forgotten and now I'm a Britney-using pos. Again not trying to be like oooh poor me, but it is a reality when you have this kind of a platform. 🙏 BTW just generally speaking - not aimed at you. 

I am truly devastated to see how people have reacted to this whole thing and you in the movement , I had no idea you were treated like that (I didn’t go to the rally, but I thought people had been asking you to go for just as long?)

I hope you’re okay mentally Jordan and the internet can be a horrible place when people feel they can say whatever they want and don’t realise the REAL impact it has on the person.

Although it doesn’t seem like it, these haters are honestly a minority to those who support you. 
It takes more to go and upset someone. I don’t think this whole video should be being treated the way it is.

end of the day we wouldn’t be here without you. I think with the added awareness for Britney Spears there is going to be more people thinking they know better coming for you and clearly some that have been here for a while.

wither way there is a lot going on the world at the moment and we all are getting stressed and some people probably see it as an outlet to get mad online. 

I hope you’re well and continue to keep doing you and creating your content that you love. If you only did things people want you’d be boring. And not authentic or yourself.

i for one defo want you in the community and I think of you as a strong person in all things Britney. I stand with you 

• Leader
19 hours ago, Irvine said:

you should not have done this Jordan. I could have seen it coming but still kinda hoped you would not be like that.

Note- check for how long Ive been on this site...decade almost. You make me feel like leaving it today

Really sorry to hear that. Hopefully some of the words I've written above can persuade you to stay 🙏 

• Leader
17 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

He deceived us but it’s low key a bop :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

:wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas: Seeing that silver lining! 

Honestly, it goes mf OFFFFFFF. The way each part of the song builds on itself. And her low grumbles asking questions. And the way the track ends with her whispering SATISFYING. Ugh it just feels so classic Britney but fresh. 

• Leader
17 hours ago, ByDemand said:

After years and years of lurking, this post got me to finally make an account...

to express how disappointed I am with it. Timing is everything, and right now is not the time to use Britney's name for attention. I love this site for all it has done and it is an extremely exciting time to be a part of this community as things finally come together, but this ain't it.

Happy to have you here, and I'm sorry this was your first encounter. Genuinely. 

I had this weird fear that someone was going to put something out like this before me when literally not a single person thought to do this. But that's honestly where my head was at. I was like, 'we have to get this out ASAP before someone else does' :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

• Love 1
  • Leader
19 hours ago, FastCar said:

YES!  Been here since 2006.  That’s visiting your site EVERY DAY (give or take maybe a handful of days) for 15 years and instead of figuring out ways we can all celebrate in fun ways together, something (as always) is put into play to get our hopes up that will disappoint us, that is used for self-gain.  This is almost always avoidable. You think we’d be as mad if it was a genuine mistake?  No.  But we aren’t blind, and the truth here just hurts.  No matter how many years go by, more of this will be introduced in a poorly executed way.  

First, website banners, meeting her in Vegas in 2007 and not telling us what happened until 2020, then more ad-space, then craaaazy pop-up ads that interfere with the entire site and Exhale, the failed launch of an involvement with her team around the Circus era (which in his defense I’m sure was her team’s fault not his) the desert performance, attending the I Am the Femme Fatale performance and not really reporting on it, the listening sessions for BJ and not reporting on it (though I’m sure there were NDAs, we were all watching YOU) the conversion from a Britney forum to a pop music forum, the obvious one-sidedness of your political opinion during the election cycle, then introducing a paid subscription tier for the site, and even the constant YouTube vids... we have all been pretty accepting and supportive of whatever you decide to do with the site, it’s yours after all and we are for the most part understanding, but this, as small as it was in your eyes, is really a PUNCH IN THE GUT for many longtime readers.

You just straight up listed all the downs :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

• Leader
20 hours ago, Igotchacrazy said:

Guys I fell bad for Jordan tbh! Ok, he ****ed up a bit but let’s not crucify him for this.... I went to his YouTube Chanel and people are “destroying him “ in there.... I see that he is genuinely feeling bad for all this! 
Just just want to give him an hug :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: 

Oh lord. I haven't had the strength to look at YouTube yet. 

• Leader
21 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

They did then came the admins from hell with sock puppet accounts to harass long time forum members. Jordan has really bad judgement. Hello “slave 4 u is racist” essay. He needs to admit he’s been doing everything wrong, fire his slave labor force, and start afresh. No more bs. Sell the website if you don’t have the passion for it anymore. 

I NEVER said "slave 4 u is racist." I needed to comment so moving forward people don't take your words as truth. And not one second later you call the amazing moderators/curation team Slave labor force? 

Who says I don't have passion? Honey I probably have too much passion. Hence why I am spending my spare time to help make a song. If you're going to continue to talk down to me and the moderators then I'm going to have to ask you either think hard before posting or just leave. 

Now I have to ask... what do you do with your time? 

• Love 1
  • Leader
20 hours ago, I love Britney said:

@Jordan Miller I personally loved it! As soon as you released the title “satisfying”  it was pretty obvious. I knew it would be from her insta video. Can people not lighten up?  it’s a bit of fun!  Don’t listen to the people being negative. 

:nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance: Me reading and re-reading your comment

🙏 

• Love 1

I mean I believe you that you're sorry and all but where have you been in the hours between creating this thread and the premiere? It was obvious that the majority of people thought that this was a legit new Britney song and some even told you to paddle back if it wasn't. That's the part that feels fishy to me. And please don't tell me that you didn't check this thread at least once. 

I'm just genuinely curious and want to clear the air. While I think that the backlash was well deserved, I don't want to roast you any further.

• Like 1