Sarah Silverman apologizes to Britney + Criss Angel canceled on Britney a day before VMA performance

1 hour ago, Stefani said:

I don't like that she apologized, because it was clearly due to online pressure and comes across as contrived. If she'd apologized in the days after the 2007 VMAs, then I would've accepted her apology as somewhat sincere. But it's too late now, sorry. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

She sound sincere though :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

• Like 4
2 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

I know you don’t like this guy ... I don’t like him either, but this is what he wrote:

So I think that  there is truth in the interviewer's words. But  probably Criss Angel canceled on Britney not a day, but a week before VMA... but it's just my guess...

I believe every word he writes...with this.

• Like 2

The reason I'm thinking people feel it's insincere is because of the way that she mentioned the fans.

Who would want to apologize to people that are attacking you like that?

She's an A-hole for sure, most comedians are, but I could tell that the Britney part of that apology was genuine.

She'll always be a douche for what she said, but at least she's put it out there for Brit to see that she's sorry, which is more than anyone else who has wronged her has done.

I think her apology was actually very well done. You have to remember this is a podcast so it needs to be a bit interesting to follow. I think she set the scene well to understand it wasn't malicious intent and reminded people what roasts actually are meant to be. It's just this generation that has become so sensitive. And then ultimately, she still took full accountability for writing the jokes and for any pain it may have added to Britney's situation. That was better than Ellen's apology when she relaunched her talk show IMO!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

She's an A-hole for sure, most comedians are, but I could tell that the Britney part of that apology was genuine.

IDK why people think comedians are *********. They make terribly embarrassing, rude, and unpopularity opined jokes. But there is always truth and love in them. Comedians are like actors... You wouldn't get upset in a movie, because it's fictional. Comedians are just putting on a show, it's just sensational entertainment. Her apology was totally genuine and she took full responsibility. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Stefani said:

I don't like that she apologized, because it was clearly due to online pressure and comes across as contrived. If she'd apologized in the days after the 2007 VMAs, then I would've accepted her apology as somewhat sincere. But it's too late now, sorry. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

You're entitled to your opinion, which is very valid, but I disagree.

I think her apology actually sounded really genuine. She basically said she wasn't doing it for the fans but for Britney and that she had no idea what Britney was going through at the time. 

Why would she apologize days after the VMA's? At that time, Britney was a joke in the media and everyone was having a go at her. I'm not saying that was right, but there are plenty of people who are looking back in hindsight at their behavior after seeing the documentary.

Comedians are supposed to be edgy. MTV knew exactly what they were getting with Sarah. It was only a few months earlier at the MTV Movie Awards that she absolutely lambasted Paris Hilton who was literally on her way to jail after the show. Should she have apologized to Paris days later?

None of us knew what Britney was dealing with, and there was no bombshell new information that would have warranted an apology from a comedian whose job was to be provocative and lampoon overexposed celebrities.

Sarah didn't have to make any kind of apology if she didn't want to. Notice how Diane and Justin, both of whom were way worse with how they publicly treated Britney, are still silent. To me, it seems like Sarah probably completely forgot about what she said and just thought of it as another act until the documentary when she looked back, as a lot of people are now doing, and felt it was right to give a sincere apology for potentially crossing the line by making fun of a woman who was genuinely hurting rather than acting out for attention. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

• Love 1
  • Like 1