"I'm sorry Britney" .... Ok fine then what? Is an apology enough when you already destroyed a person to a non back point?

crazyboutbrit

Well, i feel what's going on is wonderful to free Britney and we might get closer to see a part of Britney's truth .... but i'm super angry as well because the damage is done and the Britney we all fell in love with is not anymore

What make me angry is that people always use excuses and apologies, and think they did their part so that they feel "inner peace"  but i feel it meaningless when things are destroyed and broke like in the case of brit

Sorry for sharing this but i feel so sorry for Britney and can't help myself thinking that if what happened to her was happening nowadays it wouldn't happen the same way and brit would've been still with us 

Feeling emotional this week :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooof this a bigger issue that you need to wonder on when things like these happen.

When someone does something bad, why do we demand an apology? Why should a person apologize? 

Whatever has happened has happened. We can't change it. It's the future we can. An (sincere)apology means that the person is being self aware and taking accountability for his/her actions and won't let that happen again in the future, not just to that person but to anyone in general.

So what exactly do you want to happen instead? Society evolves and as harsh as it sounds, it is what it is. Be thankful a revolution on the topic of misogyny, mental health and abuse is happening before our own eyes — and how Britney’s trajectory has become the forefront of not only a movement for conservatorship abuse but how society should learn to respect others. Try to look at this from a broad perspective and with the glass half-full instead. 

No. Maybe If we DID have the ability to time travel to the past and change earlier statements made by us, would you have made a point. But unfortunately for you, it is what it is because you can't change the past now but what you CAN do is look towards the future. These two words "I'm sorry" when said with a genuine heart are extremely powerful. We have to progress further and not stay salty over things that happened a what? a decade and 3 years ago? I have done many ****ty things in my life, and came around to apologize to that person because that IS human nature. How can one sleep at night, knowing they wronged someone? So when an apology is made, accept it. 

7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

No. Maybe If we DID have the ability to time travel to the past and change earlier statements made by us, would you have made a point. But unfortunately for you, it is what it is because you can't change the past now but what you CAN do is look towards the future. These two words "I'm sorry" when said with a genuine heart are extremely powerful. We have to progress further and not stay salty over things that happened a what? a decade and 3 years ago? I have done many ****ty things in my life, and came around to apologize to that person because that IS human nature. How can one sleep at night, knowing they wronged someone? So when an apology is made, accept it. 

Omg you snapped :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Ended the op with ease btw b18bfd0ee7d5af25c0dcc89745dd8579.jpg.63b65e8cfd1d88f98c7013f5717a4f93.jpg

The best these people can do is support freeBritney now. 

We're just people, we have good and bad feelings, we make mistakes. We judge each other, sometimes very unfairly.

But acknowledging this and apologizing, even after years it the best we can do about such mistakes, except for learning how not to make them anymore.

Archived