Dionne Warwick: “I hope that Britney Spears is having a wonderful day.”

3 minutes ago, rennen said:

This. It's actually really disappointing.

That’s exactly what I said but a certain few members literally had the nerve to say they’re ‘busy’ or that it ‘isn’t their responsibility because Britney hasn’t spoken up ’. Like no **** Sherlock, that’s what we’re advocating for. The fact that a pop music icon who paved the way for your faves can’t and hasn’t been able to speak up without repercussions. Clowns on this forum literally everywhere. And yes I’m looking at you Beyoncé @OnlyBeyonce:clownery_makeup_meme:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Can people stop saying it’s sad that it took this long for people to see the truth. Everybody don’t follow Britney like we do & they don’t know the facts, so you really can’t be mad at them for not knowing. It would be another thing if the doc came out & the reaction wasn’t this. I am grateful & appreciative of all the love she’s getting & I don’t care if it took this for it to happen 

• Love 3
  • Like 5

Now we only need the duet they recorded together :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

"The legendary lady of song is celebrating her 45th year in music with a world tour and is putting the finishing touches on an upcoming CD of duets of her hits performed with Gladys Knight, Jill Scott, Britney Spears, Kelly Rowland, Kelis, Chante Moore, Angie Stone, Deborah Cox, Mya and Wynonna Judd." (March 30, 2006)

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Can people stop saying it’s sad that it took this long for people to see the truth. Everybody don’t follow Britney like we do & they don’t know the facts, so you really can’t be mad at them for not knowing. It would be another thing if the doc came out & the reaction wasn’t this. I am grateful & appreciative of all the love she’s getting & I don’t care if it took this for it to happen 

We’re not mad at people for not speaking up PRIOR to the documentary. We weren’t holding anyone accountable for that. We’re mad that Britney’s so-called musical peers who cite her as an inspiration and advocate for mental health awareness haven’t spoken up AFTER this documentary. It’s a huge difference considering she’s been trending all over the world for the last 5 days and the most important story in pop culture right now.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

I had a similar view to yours at first too but this has been everywhere for almost a week now.

For example, Madonna's daughter has commented on it... where is Madonna herself? 

Don't get me wrong I am appreciative of those who have spoken out and those who continue to do so but as others have said, where are her peers? The support from them matters even if it is just a simple #freebritney post.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Wish I could upvote this a 100 times. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye: The only musical peers, if you even want to call them peers, to say something were literally just Vanessa Carlton and Charlie Puth. Just goes to show how fake woke these celebrities are when it comes to advocating for abuse, mental illness, feminism, etc. They are only looking out for themselves but are we surprised. :sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

Yeah. Lots of minor stars showed their support. And lots of ppl from movie industry.

But music industry peers are staying MIA.

******* hell

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

That’s exactly what I said but a certain few members literally had the nerve to say they’re ‘busy’ or that it ‘isn’t their responsibility because Britney hasn’t spoken up ’. Like no **** Sherlock, that’s what we’re advocating for. The fact that a pop music icon who paved the way for your faves can’t and hasn’t been able to speak up without repercussions. Clowns on this forum literally everywhere. And yes I’m looking at you Beyoncé @OnlyBeyonce:clownery_makeup_meme:

i never said that.
i have said that mental health is a very serious topic and maybe some people are afraid to speak on it because they don't talk to her since 2003.
Plus Britney has never said anything about it so this stop a lot of people