Britney's Gram girls set to launch #FreeBritney podcast with "Stitcher Doc Unit"

SamanthaJadeFanGroup

EXCLUSIVE: The #FreeBritney movement is growing increasingly larger following the launch of FX’s Framing Britney Spears documentary.

The film, part of the network’s New York Times Presents strand, aired last week and was a viral sensation, explaining the situation around the I’m A Slave 4 U pop star and the controversial conservatorship that she is currently in a legal battle over.

Now, two of the contributors in that doc, Babs Gray and Tess Barker are launching a new podcast docuseries that will be a deeper dive into Spears’ career, legal struggle, and the birth of the movement to release her.

The untitled show will feature exclusive sources, including an interview with the paralegal who left the anonymous tip mentioned in the NYT doc.

Gray and Barker are sought experts on Spears and her legal battle; prior to the FX film, they were two of the instigators of the #FreeBritney movement with their podcast Britney’s Gram, a comedy-meets-true crime podcast that dived into the singer’s mysterious social media postings to see if there were any clues to what was going on.

The new show is being produced for Stitcher’s Witness Docs unit, which is behind the Heaven’s Gate podcast that was recently adapted into a docuseries for HBO Max. It will launch later this year.

Gray has appeared on Comedy Central’s Corporate and has written for shows including TruTV’s Billy on the Street, while Barker has also written for Billy on the Street as well as Funny or Die’s Throwing Shade and appeared on History Channel’s How the States Got Their Shapes.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/framing-britney-spears-freebritney-podcast-stitcher-doc-unit-1234690812/

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Excited about the paralegal interview, I wonder if we’ll learn who it actually is but by podcast docuseries, does that mean it’s gonna be another thing we can only listen to instead of watch.

No the paralegal wouldn’t be foolish enough to physically expose themselves! He’d probably be in danger of lawsuits and team Con coming after him! He’s a source and I strongly doubt his identity will be revealed on the podcast!

29 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

No the paralegal wouldn’t be foolish enough to physically expose themselves! He’d probably be in danger of lawsuits and team Con coming after him! He’s a source and I strongly doubt his identity will be revealed on the podcast!

Yeah that’s true, guess my curiosity just got the best me for a second, lol

21 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Watch everyone who sided with Lawyers4Brit when they were saying the voicemail was fake, leaking the girls' phone numbers, and claiming B and T didn't care about Brit suddenly support Britneysgram again smh. Love these girls, so so proud of them 

I personally think both were in the wrong and still stand by that. They dropped a bomb and ran. They handled it so badly and so did L4B and the other accounts who got involved trying to remove others from the movement. 

It was petty AF but thanks to them we've came further, and with the release of the documentary hopefully things will keep progressing. 

Archived