Jameela Jamil shares Free Britney petition

TSmidnighTS

Jameela Jamil, the actress that played "Tahani" in "The Good Place," has been voicing support for Britney all weekend. She has been a long time, outspoken critic of the Hollywood pressure on women, and has seemed to take a special interest in Britney's cause since the documentary aired. 

Jameela, who has 1.1 million followers on Twitter, shared a petition on her page to Free Britney and has shared multiple tweets criticizing Justin Timberlake, Diane Sawyer, and the conservatorship itself.

It's so great to see someone with such a huge platform share more about Britney!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Omg she even replied to someone who referenced the “all is the well” video by informing them Britney welcomes informed support 🥰

I think she is really trying to be informed! It's so exciting to see her talk about this! She also has a podcast, so I'm hoping she talks about it on there soon!

Its quite sad that it took this long and a NYT doc for these feminists to finally pay some attention to all the **** Britney has put up with in her life and career, and the ****ed up situation she has been for the past 13 years. I remember that when those tik toks went viral last year and a lot of pages started talking about Britneys situation, I only saw a couple of feminists/pages talking about Britneys cship, but then right after they moved on from it. I always had a feeling that a lot of feminists didnt give a **** about everything that happened to Britney (including how she was judged and dragged in 2007 for just breathing), almost like they didnt even see her as a fellow woman. Better late than never I guess.

3 hours ago, Bundy said:

Its quite sad that it took this long and a NYT doc for these feminists finally pay attention to all the **** Britney has put up in her life and career, and the ****ed up situation she has been for the past 13 years. I remember that when those tik toks went viral last year and a lot of pages started talking about Britneys situation, I only see a couple of feminists/pages talking about Britneys cship, but then they moved on from it. I always have a feeling that a lot of feminists didnt give a **** about everything that happened to Britney (including how she was judged and dragged in 2007), almost like they didnt even see her as a woman. Better late than never I guess.

I'm trying to look at it as better late than never too. 

Every re-tweet, like, comment of support helps I guess. No matter how long we've waited for people to wake up to the injustice of it all. 

3 hours ago, Bundy said:

Its quite sad that it took this long and a NYT doc for these feminists finally pay attention to all the **** Britney has put up in her life and career, and the ****ed up situation she has been for the past 13 years. I remember that when those tik toks went viral last year and a lot of pages started talking about Britneys situation, I only see a couple of feminists/pages talking about Britneys cship, but then they moved on from it. I always have a feeling that a lot of feminists didnt give a **** about everything that happened to Britney (including how she was judged and dragged in 2007), almost like they didnt even see her as a woman. Better late than never I guess.

I feel that way too some. But I kind of wonder how many people knew about it, and this documentary gave them the ability to speak freely about it. Who knows how many other Harvey Weinsteins and Lou Taylors there are in the industry that have their tentacles in various areas and are keeping others from speaking out because of their fear of their jobs and livelihood. I'm not saying that it excuses them for not doing the right thing, but I do think this documentary gave people the ability and right to talk about things they knew were wrong without fear because it is now such a hugely popular conversation. Meghan McCain on The View said that she tried years ago to talk about it and they shot it down. Now, they HAVE to talk about it because its HUGE.

29 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I feel that way too some. But I kind of wonder how many people knew about it, and this documentary gave them the ability to speak freely about it. Who knows how many other Harvey Weinsteins and Lou Taylors there are in the industry that have their tentacles in various areas and are keeping others from speaking out because of their fear of their jobs and livelihood. I'm not saying that it excuses them for not doing the right thing, but I do think this documentary gave people the ability and right to talk about things they knew were wrong without fear because it is now such a hugely popular conversation. Meghan McCain on The View said that she tried years ago to talk about it and they shot it down. Now, they HAVE to talk about it because its HUGE.

Yes, and to be fair Jameela has been adressene this for a while now

1 hour ago, InTheZone4Life said:

U do have a point and I bet that have played a part too, but I was talking about regular feminists, random feminist pages, etc. Britney was never a topic and everyone knew how she was treated when she shaved her head and attacked a car with an umbrella; she was bullied and everyone called her crazy, thought she was a joke. I never saw feminists talking about what she went thru and the fact she was a mother and they took her babies from her!!! I mean, I know some feminists that would worship Beyonce and Rihanna, but If I said that at 24 years old with two babies Britney dumped her ****ty ex, they were never impressed. Actually many people used that in 2007 to call her crazy too. I always felt many people lacked empathy towards her. When those tik tokers went viral talking about her being under a cship controlled by a man who she never got along with, many feminists feminists were still silent. There were posts on big pages like saint hoax, diet prada, etc, but pages that talk about Injustice, feminism, abuse, mental health and so on? I saw one big feminist page talking about. It was almost like they didnt even see her as a human being, let alone a woman. As if "shes white, straight, successful, famous, rich, USED TO BE beautiful, fit, skinny, the It girl, so who cares if shes under a cship and was teared apart for having a public breakdown?". In the end, they didnt care that in the end she was a woman too and didnt have thing always easily. 

I mean, everyone remember 2007 and that was labelled as crazy and made fun bc of that, but no one cared. The director had to almost rub some of the ****tiest things Britney endured on peoples face for them to show some empathy towards Britney. Thats why only fans arent shocked at all by the doc. It took the world far too long to see Britney as a human being and a woman with feelings. 

Archived