Kentwood Museum

Brit52

Has anyone been to the Kentwood museum?

I just found out my work is planning to take us all to New Orleans next year (from Canada) and I will likely never have another opportunity to goto Lousiana. I'm thinking to take an extra day and rent a car and make the drive... is it worth it?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend and I did a special trip to Kentwood in 2016. We went to go to the Britney museum - but it was closed! It’s quite small, but so quaint! 

The town’s vibe was SO nice. VERY friendly people there! The people who live across from the museum were nice enough to inform us that the place was closed and then they invited us inside their home for some coffee. 

We ended up visiting the Serenity home & actually buzzed the security speaker outside & asked if Britney was there. I can’t believe we didn’t get in trouble. I took a souvenir rock with me.

10/10 & I didn’t even get to go inside the museum! :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

It’s a little run down and dingy but it’s a must see for any Britney Stan. The kentwood locals are usually lovely, but, you might encounter some homophobia in some parts. There was a god hates f*gs banner at one point proudly displayed on a home by the museum. 

I can only hope that the plans don't fall through because of covid... we were supposed to be in san diego right now but instead we did our conference virtually

I am actually so excited... I might have a GF willing to make the trip with me but I think I'd be just as happy to go alone tbh

23 minutes ago, Jamiea1112 said:

I weirdly watched a YouTube video of a couple visiting Kentwood the other day. Spoke about the opening days (they are weirdly untourist-friendly). I’ve sent link below. 

Is it far from N.O? 

Hope this helps:kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

The old home sold 4 days ago! What a strange coincidence with everything that's gone on

https://www.redfin.com/LA/Kentwood/14550-Greenlaw-Church-Rd-70444/home/85091300

Sad a piece of history like that couldn't be preserved.

Archived