Were people really clueless pre-documentary?

FemmeFataleBrit

So there have been tonnes of celebrities coming out and commenting on this and even the general public have watched the documentary and taken interest in this.

Honestly, I thought a lot of people already knew about this and at least had some idea and I didn’t think much would change after the documentary. So YAY!

Well done, Exhale!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes and no. my cousin who introduced me to britney when i was little was aware of it and thinks it’s ridiculous, but her parents think she’s crazy and needs the conservatorship. my aunt (not my cousins mom) didn’t know about it and i had her watch the doc on saturday and she was shocked. literally texted me after and said “i had no idea”

From the comments I'm reading the general public thought we were just conspiracy theorists you can thank tik tok for that.

Its a shame it took the documentary to make it valid but its also welcomed. Honestly I'm overwhelmed with the attention this is getting because this was our little project rose.  we worked so hard to bring attention to it now that its out i dont know how to handle it.

More like a #metoo situation. Once somebody starts, the others follow. I hope the momentum won't end anytime soon:pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking: 

I'm a bit scared that the mysoginistic aspect has won over the legal aspect, the abuse of her person and money, which is the main thing here! People were horrible to her but it is in the past now, she needs Freedom not apologies from hasbeens lbr:nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Somebody like my mom (late 60s) didn't know what was going on. I explained to her what was going on and she watched the documentary and I think she comes away from this whole situation absolutely horrified. There's quite a difference between an ordinary person and celebrities that probably know the ins and outs of what other celebs are going through. I don't see how more celebs didn't know something shady was going on.

Archived