Britney's "Strangest Love" - anthem of #FreeBritney? Seems like Britney is singing about her life under c-ship

I'm getting emotional, you guys :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: This outtake from 2003 seems like Britney from the future is singing about her life under c-ship, especially this part about her loneliness, that no one can hear her, she's stuck, she has nowhere to go etc. But it has that hope in it. And Jamie as "strangest love" cause he "loves" her daughter that he takes away her freedom. Just listen to it, it's like Britney is talking to us about it through that song.

:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, don’t remind me of this gorgeous song. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: Absolutely love everything about it and the feeling of early-to-mid 2000s bliss every time I listen. Deserved to be on the standard edition of In the Zone — no buts, ands or ifs. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Also, the way that Britney’s unreleased catalogue is basically as good as her released material speaks enough volume on how and why she’s literally the most brilliant and most timeless pop star of her generation. We don’t deserve her.  :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

I absolutely love the song :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: This is special to me because i'm a fan of both Britney and Brian McFadden (one of the songwriters of Strangest Love). Just a little trivia, Brian was a former member of a boyband named "Westlife" (was not popular in the US but they were popular in Europe and Asia). This song was written around the time when Brian was recording for his first solo album. Luckily, Britney was also working with Guy Chambers (also one of the songwriters) around ITZ recording sessions and it the song suited her vocals. You're right that it also somehow foreshadowed Britney's future. :)

Archived