We are sorry celebs, aren’t the ones that should be saying sorry

JayDogwood90

It is quite delightful to see many of the people using their public platform to support #freebritney. Every post is that push for this movement that was way overdue.

Love hearing the many celebs coming to her defense. However, many of the apologies to Britney from celebrities, are not coming from those that directly offended her in her toughest moments.

Noticeably celebs like Justin Timberlake, Sarah Silverman, Joel McHale, Keith Olberman, etc. have benefitted from their cruel jokes and most continue to have a decent career.  I know cancel culture is a controversial topic, but couldn’t we at least pressure those silent offenders or “justified by MTV to put out an act” celebs to at the very least acknowledge their tasteless acts?

Lastly I’ll leave this link here with one final thought https://youtu.be/CIrgPlgc1OY

2:33 to hear Keith Olbermann and Joel McHale discuss Britney’s 2007 VMA performance. It’s misogynistic behavior at its finest. These men aren’t performers, they are not stylists, and even if they were it is not okay for them to speak of a woman like this, but yet here they are discussing a female artist with no level of expertise whatsoever and much less respect.

This clip is one example of many out there, but I do think if these men value their wives, mothers, daughters, etc they should publicly go on record and denounce their atrocious past comments in clips like these. They need to speak up instead of staying quiet, clearly they had no problem voicing their opinion before. Thoughts? 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still do blame MTV tbh. I will forever share this example even though I know it's basically comparing apples to oranges. MTV knew they'd be the talk no matter if Britney went on that stage and kicked *** or if she looked like a fool. They had it made in the shade. They were gonna come out to be the winner. Anybody that can mock the **** out of Britney will be come out to be the winner. Everybody should've seen that Britney wasn't fit to perform and should've had a plan B in place just in case. She shouldn't have been able to even get on the stage.

Spoiler

Compared to this: Falco did get on the stage. He looks *****y. He does grab onto that ******** pole like he needs to steady himself. He lightens up when the dancer gets next to him. Strangely enough it looks like he gets a  smile on his face when those men grab him to es***t him out. So you have to wonder what the deal is. Does this strip club have standards and realize "This drunk cokehead's making us look bad. Get his *** out of here if he's only gonna stand up there and not perform." Or is it a case of the man just being treated better than the woman? And I might be off base saying that last remark. I don't understand the language so I'm not sure if Falco caught heat and got laughed at even more for that **** up. "So ****ed up that he can't even perform at a strip club. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: Clearly hitting new time lows, eh? :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:"

Archived