5 Weeks Into 2021 And "drivers license" Is Already The Most Popular Song of 2021

Blackout2006

Hey besties b18bfd0ee7d5af25c0dcc89745dd8579.thumb.jpg.aec9cb17b8dd071d2779bb1cfc2aa8c3.jpg

I'm back again with another thread, and it is my first thread on the only and only....Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Olivia Rodrigo whom originally starred as the main character in Nickelodeon show "BIZZAARDWARK" returned to the scene with her debut single "Drivers License" allegedly talking about the love triangle between her then-boyfriend and Sabrina Carpenter. The song started picking up  with around a million views in its first 24 hours and then blew up breaking records from one place to another, such as having the most one-day streams with over 17 million streams around the globe. It debuted at #1 in United World Charts with 405k points and is still maintaining this position for 3 weeks selling consistently well. The song has now garnered 1,166,000 points and has taken away Dynamites by @Invitation throne as most popular song of 2021.

Thoughts exhale? Slayed? Pressed? Cool? Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:rsz_rb4fd9d53b88688c88c644cefe23fb702.jpg.c34eca88763009c0bf4329d451e24be9.jpg

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

"A one-hit wonder is any entity that achieves mainstream popularity, often for only one piece of work, and becomes known among the general public solely for that momentary success."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-hit_wonder

:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Even Britney was once called a one-hit wonder in 1999, but whom knew in 20 years she would become the best selling female artist of this millennium :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

It's AN ALGORITHM THING.

It's still too early to say anything about her as an artist, or her alleged cultural impact.

And why am I being so dismissive? Because I watch and listen to her with an open mind and I see a talented young woman, but nothing extraordinary either.

Anyways, only time will tell... But will you guys be there to see it, or will you have cancelled her already by the second or third album? Because cancel culture is new... Just like a brand new artist can be shot straight to the top super fast and breaking records like never before, they also get cancelled as dramatically.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block