r/documentaries on Reddit. Framing Britney Spears thread has 12k upvotes and 700 comments so far

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most seemed supportive. A lot of health care people chimed in saying how even the sickest people have a hard time being put in a conservatorship. So again for the 100th time. Why was someone able to go straight to work after being put in one if they were seriously ill??? Hello!!! Makes zero sense and they all should be jailed!

britney only agreed to the conservatorship because they used her kids as bait. Sad 

25 minutes ago, Dirk said:

This comment:

But what about exceptional cases such as this, where the conservator is directly benefitting from the labor and income of the conservatee? She's clearly being exploited, no? Can't she present an alternative conservator that can prove to the court they can protect her adequately but won't be on such an exploitative relationship with her?

Seems like her dad keeps her working so he can keep making money, but controls how much Britney is able to do with her own life. So she's well enough to work and make millions but not well enough to make a case to the court that her father is making her life miserable?

Clearly Britney has mental problems and needs people around her to assist her with managing her life. Everything on her social media screams that she is unwell and on powerful ***** to treat her mental illness. I have no doubts about the need for conservatorship in general, but it seems so terrible that someone can be placed under the power of another person who doesn't actually care about their well being.

:nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

I'm starting to believe those that say Britney's ig like that is to show she's mentally incapable, specially aligned with that comment about once you're in a c-ship is hard to get out. There's another comment on reddit too by an attorney saying that every schizophrenic person say on court they're able to handle their lives. There's nothing wrong with what she does on her ig bc I do that too and I'm ok but in her situation is clearly to state something bc a lot of people say she's unwell based on her fun videos.

:nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Why she can't just have a private paid team to help her day to day life WITHOUT being in a c-ship paying millions to lawyers and such. That would be my choice as a judge of this case, knowing what we know. Her dad should get out and go have parent classes tbh.

that's why I was saying on another thread that the documentary should've made more emphasis that more than Adam Streisand's opinions, or what the mysterious medical report could say, she really doesn't qualify for a conservatorship, however you look at it. Not to mention, that they didn't follow the steps the law states, such as notifying her beforehand or letting her hire an attorney to fight the petition and prove she didn't need one, or at the very least, let her decide who would be her conservator.

Because EVEN if she had a mental health issue, the type of conservatorship she's under, is not the kind of conservatorship for mental health issues. That one has less restrictions, and needs to be evaluated every year to determine if it needs to be extended or not. Britney's conservatorship was made permanent in 2008 and was never revised again.

These are not assumptions or conspiracies, it's literally what the law says, and I think the docu could've made that very clear. People always go as far as to find a definition for it, but it's more important to detail what are the requirements for someone to be put under a conservatorship and the steps that need to be followed to do it according to the law.

This comment:

I’m a public health nurse. We deal with conservatorship often with homeless/mentally ill persons. It is incredibly rare that we are able to get someone conserved, even the sickest people with the least ability to take care of themselves. While often frustrating, I know it’s the right thing because taking away someone’s free will should only happen in the most extreme of circumstances. It’s really hard to imagine that it’s justified in this case.

that's what we keep saying, Britney's conservatorship literally has the record guinness of the fastest to be granted :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

Archived