Shawn Mendes makes fun of Britney (video)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it’s stupid, but he also looks like a kid here who probably didn’t know any better. Britney’s breakdown hasn’t been framed as a serious issue until very recently. It was a pop culture joke that was doubled down on by the world really. Someone his age for a while probably does know Britney as the woman who shaved her head.

Again, not saying this is cool, it’s cringey af, but I hate this cancel culture picking out every little thing anyone ever says or does. It’s not this guy’s fault that there is systemic corruption. Go after the big dogs that actually make a difference, not idiots who are swept up in the rhetoric. 

12 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Yeah it’s stupid, but he also looks like a kid here who probably didn’t know any better. Britney’s breakdown hasn’t been framed as a serious issue until very recently. It was a pop culture joke that was doubled down on by the world really. Someone his age for a while probably does know Britney as the woman who shaved her head.

Again, not saying this is cool, it’s cringed af, but I hate this cancel culture picking out every little thing anyone ever says or does. It’s not this guy’s fault that there is systemic corruption. Go after the big dogs that actually make a difference, not idiots who are swept up in the rhetoric. 

I agree with you but it's still really untasteful. It's like referring to michael by taking off your nose. Britney is an icon and could be regarded as a legend. Taking her lowest moment to describe her is tasteless regardless of what he personally thinks of her. He's her colleague and on top of that her junior, an appropriate attitude would be to respect her in my opinion, and that means you can't really do stuff like that. But I also understand it's the easiest thing about Britney to recognizably mimic

Whilst i'm obviously not condoning this cringe 'humour'... as mentioned above- he was just young and uneducated. I don't think it's malicious.

It was probably at the time everyone had someone in their office drinking out a 'If Britney Survived 2007...I can survive today' mug. Wow- such top quality humour right there:jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:.

Spoiler

Just take your top off Shawn, and apologise...

Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco

45 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

I agree with you but it's still really untasteful. It's like referring to michael by taking off your nose. Britney is an icon and could be regarded as a legend. Taking her lowest moment to describe her is tasteless regardless of what he personally thinks of her. He's her colleague and on top of that her junior, an appropriate attitude would be to respect her in my opinion, and that means you can't really do stuff like that. But I also understand it's the easiest thing about Britney to recognizably mimic

Totally agree, it’s totally stupid. I’m sure he looks back on things like this and cringes too. But, like Michael Jackson, her name is brought up on things like this (and the Jimmy kimmell/fallon skits etc) to laugh at her and make fun of her. The producers of these shows frame her in a really bad light and want guests to go with low blows. One thing I really dislike is artists talking about how they like a Britney song often feel they have to frame it as ‘a guilty pleasure’.

19 minutes ago, BabkaAutorka said:

I just don't like him and I saw this so I wanted make people aware and cancel him :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: 

Cancel culture doesn't really exist tho, it ''cancels'' someone maybe for few months 

I literally know nothing about him, so I might be wrong, he seems like a harmless dope here.

But strong disagree! I think cancel culture is super damaging! Like truly on a deep psychological level I think it warps people’s perception on what and how they have a right to ‘own’ public figures and in the UK at least there have been several high profile suicides because of it the past few years. We have all said offensive and stupid stuff in our lives. If things aren’t malicious I think we should be aiming to educate rather than aggressively attack someone for mistakes. God knows Britney has said some things that wouldn’t fly in 2021 that we wouldn’t want her to be targeted for. 

Deep for a Britney forum, I know, but it’s just something I feel pretty strongly about. 

He was like what? 16 here? Whether we like it or not, Britney's 2007 breakdown despite being a fragile era for her is a huge part of pop culture and the picture of Britney shaving her head will always be remembered. Do I agree with it what he chose to do out of all the iconic things Britney has done? Not really, but he could've done worse and this fandom being the most dramatic, will obviously catch and run with it :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

35 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

He was like what? 16 here? Whether we like it or not, Britney's 2007 breakdown despite being a fragile era for her is a huge part of pop culture and the picture of Britney shaving her head will always be remembered. Do I agree with it what he chose to do out of all the iconic things Britney has done? Not really, but he could've done worse and this fandom being the most dramatic, will obviously catch and run with it :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

This.

Come on, give yourself a break. Not everyone who made a little fun of Britney needs to apologize. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Honestly people get over it  . None of this matters at the moment . We should be focusing  all our energy on the conservatorship! Shawn Mendes and Sarah silverman apologizing isn’t gonna do **** for Britney. In fact no offence but she probably doesn’t even know these people.

And not to mention Shawn mendes was like 10 when Britney shaved her head. 

16 minutes ago, AreYouReady said:

This.

Come on, give yourself a break. Not everyone who made a little fun of Britney needs to apologize. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

If we REALLY need a apology from celebrities, then it is from Sarah Silvermen, Blake Shelton, Justin Timberlake, Diane Sawyer etc. Period. Even us as Britney fans have cracked jokes about 2007ney or Baldney, I do not understand why we are acting like sheep :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Archived