"Framing Britney Spears" review and reaction (New BreatheHeavy Video out now!)

I look at the Domination announcement and you can tell a performance was prepared. The dancers were on their spots (there were more than 2), even the presenter was in shock when nothing happened (he obviously had to know what was going to happen because he was hired and had a script). 

There are so many things that now makes so much sense. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, vitches said:

I look at the Domination announcement and you can tell a performance was prepared. The dancers were on their spots (there were more than 2), even the presenter was in shock when nothing happened (he obviously had to know what was going to happen because he was hired and had a script). 

There are so many things that now makes so much sense. 

I don't think so, those weren't dancers, and that wasn't a stage, it was literally just a staircase with an elevating platform from where she emerged.

Image-1.png

however, I do think she was supposed to give a longer interview to the guy from Ellen, and at least interact with Mario Lopez at some point.

They did meet backstage, but I don't know if this was before or after

Dtb9O33U4AABW7r.jpg

I still don't know what to think about Domination. Some fans love to think she didn't want to do it, because they never liked the idea of Vegas and because they didn't like the rehearsal clips. But then that contradicts the theory that her dad was the one that cancelled the residency because she refused to take the meds he wanted her to take.

Tbh I think the announcement wasn't supposed to be that messy, but whoever was in charge of the gig really screwed up. Maybe it was a problem by coordinating with the Ellen show crew. From them using that fanmade megamix, to Mario Lopez looking completely lost when announcing Britney, the messy camera shots, it's like nobody knew what was even happening.

According to the comments made by dancers and the producers, they didn't learn the show was cancelled until the very day the message was posted on Britney's social media. So up to that point they hadn't noticed anything wrong with Britney or anything pointing out to it being cancelled. We know Britney doesn't have the power to step out of a project herself, so the decision must have come from Jamie as some sort of punishment or threat.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

We know Britney doesn't have the power to step out of a project herself

Nobody can be forced to do anything if they truly refuses. You can’t force somebody to move, talk, learn, be invested etc. Motivation has to come from within so her potentially refusing to cooperate could have lead to the cancellation of the residency. If she didn’t want to do the show she wouldn’t care about financial costs and other obligations as she was never even personally involved in these matters anyway, that was for the cship to take care of so it wasn’t really her problem since she’s incapacitated and therefore not responsible and unable to manage such things right :melt_weird_drift_wow:

22 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Nobody can be forced to do anything if they truly refuses. You can’t force somebody to move, talk, learn, be invested etc. Motivation has to come from within so her potentially refusing to cooperate could have lead to the cancellation of the residency. If she didn’t want to do the show she wouldn’t care about financial costs and other obligations as she was never even personally involved in these matters anyway, that was for the cship to take care of so it wasn’t really her problem since she’s incapacitated and therefore not responsible and unable to manage such things right :melt_weird_drift_wow:

yeah, but that basically goes against what the paralegal says on the voicemail, that Jamie was the one that pulled the show, because Britney was refusing to take the meds. So what is the truth?

It is a possibility that she could refuse, I just find the timing odd, considering she seemed to have a blast on the rehearsal clips, and that she didn't refuse to work in previous times, like FFT where she looked the most miserable, so what exactly happened in 2018 to suddenly make her snap, literally overnight?

And it's not like she quit a day before the opening night, there was still a month left, you think Jamie and his team wouldn't have tried to convince her (or threaten her) to do the show if she wanted to cancel it? Do you think they would've allowed her to post that message on all her social media, first thing in the morning, and lose everything just because of her?

The only way I can see them allowing the loss of that millionaire contract without a fight is if Jamie was the one that took the decision.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think everyone who was included were assets to the film and I'm happy they made it :] Of course it would have been an honor to be in it as well 🙏 :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Please don't think I was throwing shade in my post. I'm not saying the people who were included weren't assets. I just meant that there is a perception among the GP, which Team Con has used to their benefit, that Britney's hardcore fans are crazy and uninformed. All I was trying to say was that I think it would be more effective to place them at the end of the doc, after it was made clear that Britney is a victim of a messed up situation and the fans that protest outside of the courthouse have good reason to do so.

Starting the doc with people who were saying things like "omg Britney is my idol and lyke what she's going through is so unfair" may have turned the average viewer off before the doc even got started, whereas their voices may have been met with more compassion and understanding if they were included once it was firmly established that these fans are informed and doing whatever they can to support Britney. I watched the documentary with a perspective of how my parents or friends, who are not huge Britney fans, would view this, or anybody else who still sees Britney as an out-of-control party girl that needed to be reigned in by her father. 

I'm happy for any Britney supporter to make their opinions heard, especially ones who truly show up outside of the courthouse with informed perspectives and are trying to understand the various pleadings and court proceedings. They absolutely deserve to be publicized and made known; I was just giving my opinion on where they could be most effective in the documentary :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

It was a disappointment, frankly.

Why did we need to hear what a dangerous person in her life (paparazzi) had to say? Why did we have to sit through his gaslighting and delusions? His presence was unnecessary and he was so offensive. Honestly, shame on the producers for giving him some spotlight.

The two women who run the podcast were unnecessary also. I saw someone post about how playing the audio they supplied without any verification or legitimacy was highly irresponsible and I couldn't agree more. 

Fe's interviews and the way they highlighted JT's misogyny were good enough to make this worth watching, at least

• Leader
15 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Did this doc even bring anything new to the table except for a little bit more awareness of the problem to the masses Vibing White Cat GIF? I'm tired of hearing of her growing up in Louisiana and her road to fame *** ****. This is nothing more than another standard celebrity doc, with the conservatorship used as the downs to the ups. 

I do think there was a lot left out but maybe they'll make a Part 2 that covers her last 13 years in more detail 🙏 

• Love 1
  • Leader
15 hours ago, Million Billion said:

I KNOW RIGHT!!! I have said this hundreds of times. The doc was beautiflly done but I hate that they always sum up the last 12 years into 1 or 2 minutes. I wish they showed all of her recent accomplishments for longer than 1 minute.

The objective of that would be to show how hard working she has been ever since. 4 studio albums, 3 world tours, 2 Vegas residencies, a perfume empire, Xfactor tv show, music videos, photoshoots, award shows, etc.

These things would show people what she has been doing since she is " mentally uncapable", they might not immediately remember all those things but if they are reminded they will surely get a more accurate picture of where Britney Spears is at this point and it would avoid that stigma-thought that her career got stuck in 2008 and she has been doing nothing ever since. 

Totally agree. There does need to be more of a look at her recent years

17 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Did this doc even bring anything new to the table except for a little bit more awareness of the problem to the masses Vibing White Cat GIF? I'm tired of hearing of her growing up in Louisiana and her road to fame *** ****. This is nothing more than another standard celebrity doc, with the conservatorship used as the downs to the ups. 

While I do agree with you that there's not much extra information from what we already know I do think it is the entire tone of the doc what makes it different from the rest of the biopics and stuff.

You can clearly see how different it is by re-wathing those VH1 and Biography channel kind of shows where they always made it so superficial, like "Ok, Britney cheated on Justin therefore they broke up, it was her fault" but they never put a filter about what he went to talk about their private (***ual) life on magazines and radio shows, because as Kevin Tancharoen said, they never made it from Britney's perspective they were always like: "what did you do to him? because it must have been you the one who did somethin, not him" comments like those are the ones that put you on a different place and makes you look at Britney's public persona from a different angle. 

Yes, when it comes to cold brand new information it is not so different from what we know already but hey, it's a first step, we can´t expect this changes from one day to another or make The New York Times producers the ones in charge of changing Britney's public image in one single documentary.

This is making the GP join the movement, Britney has rarely had the GP on her side during her entire career, not even in the BOMT days. We are going into the right direction.

• Leader
17 hours ago, Ezra said:

So Jordan, after seeing the NYT documentary episode, what do you think?  Do you have any hope that the conservatorship will end anytime in the next, let's say, ten years?  Or at least, do you think the conservatorship will be able to be amended more to Britney's wishes?

Check out the video :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Lol but I do think Britney will get out of this. At the very least, her dad will be removed from power. It's the inevitable. 

• Like 1
  • Leader
17 hours ago, jennyj said:

The part when Former Marketing Director of Jive Records said she only ever spoke with Lynn the whole time, and "The only thing Jamie ever said to me was 'My daughter is going to be so rich, she gon buy me a boat' ... that's all I'm going to say about Jamie"

That says it all about him...

tiffany pollard drinking GIF

Yea that part was juicy :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
  • Leader
17 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Everyone plays a role.

@Jordan Miller I've really enjoyed the fact that you haven't run with the conspiracy theories or been a drama queen during all of this. You've kept it low-key and factual.

At the end of the day, your consistency, combined with the facts, is what is going to keep the momentum going while Britney's lawyers do their jobs.

I believe Britney knows she needs to play the long game, and get everything onto the court record that needs to be there.

Instant gratification is not going to spring her from her situation. Doing things carefully and methodically will. And BH will be there every step of the way.

Appreciate that :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: Thank you 🙏 

I've always tried to be a stable force throughout all this. 

And BH will be there every step of the way.

Yes we certainly will!! 

• Like 1
  • Leader
16 hours ago, halfdressed said:

It’s interesting you weren’t. There’s a zero percent chance they are unfamiliar with exhale. You think there’s a specific reason? 

Zero percent chance for sure because I had a few phone calls and zoom interviews with them lol. To be honest it's probably my fault. I was a little hesitant to go to LA during the fall when we were in discussions because of the pandemic. There was talks they'd come to Vegas but it didn't happen obviously. Honestly, that's show business. NO shade at all to Ms. Stark. She was super cool with me the entire time we spoke. Hopefully there will be other opportunities to collaborate together in the future =] 

Honestly, I think it'd be super interesting if they worked on a Part 2 that took a look at these last 13 years as in-depth as they went into her rise to stardom. I'd probably even be a better fit for something like that then this doc. 

• Like 1