"Framing Britney Spears" review and reaction (New BreatheHeavy Video out now!)

• Leader

Hey Exhale, I filmed a review commenting on the New York Times' new Britney documentary "Framing Britney Spears." Have you heard of it? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

In all seriousness though, the doc was very... well, check out the new video to see what I've got to say. 

Please feel free to open the video onto YouTube and leave a comment and smash the like button. It'll tell YouTube to show this to more people once it goes live on Monday, February 8th at 7 AM PT. 🙏 

I do admit in the vid I was a bit bummed I wasn't included because I feel like I have a lot to offer, but I know ultimately this isn't about me and happy for those who contributed. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Looking forward to hearing from you guys. 🙏 framing.jpg.4e3a9511bb4652c1bcf86eff594afdcf.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 3

I wrote this on another topic but I need to share it here aswell, ok first I absolutly adored the documentary but I felt like A LOT was missing !!

I have to say first that one of the thing I thought about was you Jordan Miller, and I mean seriously, you're making a serious documentary about a movement brought by Britney Spears' fans and you don't call the owner and founder of the biggest Britney's fans community ?!!??!! I thought you should have been in this film. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Also I think the Vegas wedding should have been included, it's not a radom event and it says a lot about what was about to come.

At first when I watched it I was overwhelmed by the exclusive pictures, sweet Felicia etc..but today I've been thinking about it and there's something I notice that I really don't like and that is that the documentary is, as usual, always showing her at her prime and it ends in 2009, precisely when it actually begins in terms of her conservatorship situation.

Where are all those people who have been a part of her life for the past 13 years ?? Can you imagine they never even mentioned Jason Trawick, David or that Charlie guy etc.. not even a single picture of Sam, not a mention of Miss Taylor...I mean it's sweet to show the Baby...one more time video and old memories (I wish you could have seen my face when I saw the Lucky pic with the pink dress, I screamed) but..that's not news...so don't get me wrong I loved it but somehow the documentary director was still obessed by the brand, and her epic moments.

What about the woman she has become for the past 13 years ?!!! 

:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Hey Exhale, I filmed a review commenting on the New York Times' new Britney documentary "Framing Britney Spears." Have you heard of it? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

In all seriousness though, the doc was very... well, I'll wait until tomorrow to share my thoughts.

Please feel free to open the video onto YouTube and leave a comment and smash the like button. It'll tell YouTube to show this to more people once it goes live on Monday, February 8th at 7 AM PT. 🙏 

I do admit in the doc I was a bit bummed I wasn't included because I feel like I have a lot to offer, but I know ultimately this isn't about me and happy for those who contributed. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Looking forward to sharing this with you guys. 🙏 framing.jpg.4e3a9511bb4652c1bcf86eff594afdcf.jpg

Maybe you weren’t included because you have been quiet until as of late which is understandable when Jamie threatened to shut your site down! For the longest time fans wanted to hear your voice and you’re finally starting to use it via these videos and interacting more in your forum which is awesome to see, but I do feel like you were left out because you have been kind of Switzerland during the whole thing! I also feel like there’s a lot more you could say and you’re still in the shadows per se in regards to this entire thing but again I do get it because your site was threatened by Jamie and you don’t want to jeopardize your perks in the future!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I understand your sentiment, but this wasn't meant to be a 10 hour documentary. Framing Britney Spears demonstrates Britney's situation in a clear, moving way that will make more of the general public aware.

This movement is never going to keep growing if people don't get more aware and on board. Hence why the movement is having a huge resurgence now, and more celebrities and people are speaking out.

No offense, but if you're upset that the documentary didn't have more details, you're missing the bigger picture.

Exactly. I think it was pretty in-depth and painted a pretty concise picture of why the situation Britney's in is clearly wrong and not in her best interests.

However, I do think they could have replaced some of the random fans with @Jordan Miller, especially in the beginning. My one minor issue with the documentary was that they started it off with all these "activists" campaigning for Britney's freedom, and a lot of them just seemed a little like crazed fans who had no idea what they were talking about.

I think the only fans they needed to spend time interviewing were Jordan and the Britney's Gram girls since the three of them have more substantive knowledge about Britney's history and what she's currently going through, and maybe include some of the other activists at the end once the viewer realizes why it's important for Britney to have these people fighting for her freedom. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I understand your sentiment, but this wasn't meant to be a 10 hour documentary. Framing Britney Spears demonstrates Britney's situation in a clear, moving way that will make more of the general public aware.

This movement is never going to keep growing if people don't get more aware and on board. Hence why the movement is having a huge resurgence now, and more celebrities and people are speaking out.

No offense, but if you're upset that the documentary didn't have more details, you're missing the bigger picture.

oh no. You didn't understand  my point or maybe I wasn't clear enough I said few times on my comment that I loved the documentary but the bigger picture is not only showing the beautiful super young epic Britney the icon. The bigger picture is she has grown up, she's woman, a mother and is treated like a 4 years old child so I personally didn't like the fact that not a single person or even moments from the past 13 years were included so...I know that's what the GP wants( and that's awesome if people are convinced after that but hey after all people like what is cute young and successful)...I'm just thinking Britney the person is NOT the Britney in Baby..one more time anymore and it's sad we still have to concider that the bigger picture is how we need to save the epic Baby..one more time cute girl.

Also maybe you didn't see but I made a very very positive feedback on the topic dedicated to it. I just happen to think about it with more hindsight now.

Maybe we just need a part two.

10 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Exactly. I think it was pretty in-depth and painted a pretty concise picture of why the situation Britney's in is clearly wrong and not in her best interests.

However, I do think they could have replaced some of the random fans with @Jordan Miller, especially in the beginning. My one minor issue with the documentary was that they started it off with all these "activists" campaigning for Britney's freedom, and a lot of them just seemed a little like crazed fans who had no idea what they were talking about.

I think the only fans they needed to spend time interviewing were Jordan and the Britney's Gram girls since the three of them have more substantive knowledge about Britney's history and what she's currently going through, and maybe include some of the other activists at the end once the viewer realizes why it's important for Britney to have these people fighting for her freedom. 

To be honest those crazed fans Who are the ones out making signs and protesting outside of the court houses and protesting in their own cities and spending the time bringing the knowledge to Fanzz via Twitter Facebook Instagram these are the people that were doing lives reading the documents the court papers talking with the general public doing interviews these were the forefront people of the movement I’m sorry I love Jordan but he was no where to be found during a lot of this! Yes he runs the biggest Britney Spears for him however he has been very quiet and he is not been a front runner the gram girls lawyers for Britney Kevin Leanne the surprise witness meaner ect a lot of these folks have been in the forefront of this movement unfortunately Jordan has been taking a backseat until recent. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Those random fans have been a huge driving force in free Britney no reason to undermine them being in the documentary they’ve played a very strong part in this movement and breathe heavy is a huge platform however it hasn’t broken any news about the movement and these fans have 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

In all seriousness though, the doc was very... well, I'll wait until tomorrow to share my thoughts.

I do admit in the doc I was a bit bummed I wasn't included because I feel like I have a lot to offer, but I know ultimately this isn't about me and happy for those who contributed. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Looking forward to sharing this with you guys. 🙏 framing.jpg.4e3a9511bb4652c1bcf86eff594afdcf.jpg

Hey Jordan, looking forward to your video.

I very-much enjoyed Framing Britney Spears.  It was well-done, thoughtful and very interesting.  I left if feeling very suspicious that the conservatorship is still in place and very, very sad for Britney.

• Like 1

Jordan should have been included in the documentary for sure. Breatheheavy was the first to use the FreeBritney hashtag and first to question the conservatorship. Breatheheavy was mine and many of us, their number one go-to for Britney updates back then.  :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

The other thing I would have liked to have seen included was a clip or two of her sweet or funny moments that show her personality more. My favorite is always when her Mom gave her the ladder in Mexico being so touched and calling her right away. Only because I know more people would watch and I would want more people to see the side of her that we love the most. I for one love Britney first and her music second. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Overall it was a really well done doc AND I am especially grateful the Justin Timberlake segment, I had learned about his *** comments just a couple of years ago and I was shocked and appalled. Women seriously deserve respect. :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

\Ps. Seeing her instagram posts in a documentary actually made them far less weird, kinda beautiful and artsy - dead *** lol... except the one where she's in white and it's utter silence, that one made laugh :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 2

I spent quite of bit of time watching it, wishing that they had interviewed you Jordan. You would have been able to contribute quite a bit to its I think. Also, does anyone else think that there should be a part 2? And lastly, have any of you guys watched the youtube channel Deep Dive's series on this? It's more in depth and really good.

• Leader
1 hour ago, Alio said:

I wrote this on another topic but I need to share it here aswell, ok first I absolutly adored the documentary but I felt like A LOT was missing !!

I have to say first that one of the thing I thought about was you Jordan Miller, and I mean seriously, you're making a serious documentary about a movement brought by Britney Spears' fans and you don't call the owner and founder of the biggest Britney's fans community ?!!??!! I thought you should have been in this film. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Also I think the Vegas wedding should have been included, it's not a radom event and it says a lot about what was about to come.

At first when I watched it I was overwhelmed by the exclusive pictures, sweet Felicia etc..but today I've been thinking about it and there's something I notice that I really don't like and that is that the documentary is, as usual, always showing her at her prime and it ends in 2009, precisely when it actually begins in terms of her conservatorship situation.

Where are all those people who have been a part of her life for the past 13 years ?? Can you imagine they never even mentioned Jason Trawick, David or that Charlie guy etc.. not even a single picture of Sam, not a mention of Miss Taylor...I mean it's sweet to show the Baby...one more time video and old memories (I wish you could have seen my face when I saw the Lucky pic with the pink dress, I screamed) but..that's not news...so don't get me wrong I loved it but somehow the documentary director was still obessed by the brand, and her epic moments.

What about the woman she has become for the past 13 years ?!!! 

:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

Appreciate you saying that. I did have a few Zoom calls with Samantha Stark and those were really great chats so I'm grateful for that. It just didn't work out :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

However, I do think there will be more opportunities in the future 🙏 

• Love 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, IconicShow said:

Maybe you weren’t included because you have been quiet until as of late which is understandable when Jamie threatened to shut your site down! For the longest time fans wanted to hear your voice and you’re finally starting to use it via these videos and interacting more in your forum which is awesome to see, but I do feel like you were left out because you have been kind of Switzerland during the whole thing! I also feel like there’s a lot more you could say and you’re still in the shadows per se in regards to this entire thing but again I do get it because your site was threatened by Jamie and you don’t want to jeopardize your perks in the future!

Interesting perspective! I actually don't feel like I've been silent at all. I feel like I've always reported on every single detail regarding the conservatorship since day one. But I do agree in that I haven't used my voice as much as I could have. But I don't feel like I've been Switzerland at all (just my opinion though 😇)

• Love 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Yea I agree, there's just SOO much that has happened - it'd be impossible to fit it all into an hour-long special. I mention that in my Review video as well. Excited for you guys to see it.