The Weeknd Super Bowl Halftime Show stream + comment party

11 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

The Weeknd put a lot of money, time and energy into making his Super Bowl Halftime Show performance.

Anyone else tuning in? It goes down around 5 pm PT :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Update: check it out! 

weeknd-sb.jpg

I have shown respect for The Weeknd and his music all this time, but now I really feel that I’m tired of this guy and all this whole era...

I loved the beginning. The choir was nice. The stage was a bit better than previous years. He continued the aesthetics and the narrative of the After Hours album. He's remained consistent so props for that. His vocals were amazing. 

I'm not blinded by the lights though (:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:) I'd say I'm a fan of his and can say that his shows are one of those where he's on stage with a band, singing live, hyping the crowd and that's it really; very simplistic. He doesn't dance so I knew what to expect.

Shakira and JLO absolutely killed it last year and they set the bar high (especially compared to the previous 2-3 shows). 

I loved the composition and you can see that he was trying. It wasn't cheesy. I just don't fricking know why his mic was so low. He's there to sing, geez! 

Anyways, superbowl halftime is the kind of platform that requires dancing and high-energy entertainment which very few can deliver and they all happen to be women - cuz god do they work hard. 

It was a great show for his capabilities. I enjoyed it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I wasnt expecting much tbh:

He sounded amazing!:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

He continued the aesthetics and the narrative of the After Hours album :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

I was surprised that he didnt "dance" more, we all know that he can throw some moves :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

It was cool that the stage wasnt at the center like previous years :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:

The setlist was good too! :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

BL was cool in the middle of the field with just back up dancers :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

Even the camera guy and asistant were with the red outfit (details!) :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

BUT this was NO WHERE near to Shakira/J.Lo Halftime show :shaktongue_shakira_red:

sidenote: He could get it tbh :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

• Haha 5

Erm... :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

I'm conflicted, I really like The Weeknd's last 3 projects. The songs sound amazing in my opinion. But this halftime show... just ain't it. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:
I feel like the vocals were fine, the setlist was "smart" regarding his chart hits, although the production seemed so confusing, messy and lacking energy from who really matters - the artist. Too much distractions with firework, dozens of backups, lame scenario... It just didn't work for me.

Also, that moment inside the "golden" room was totally unnecessary and again, distracting...

I'm a bit disappointed, but even tho I enjoy his music, I didn't expect much to be honest. 

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mansos said:

Erm... :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

I'm conflicted, I really like The Weeknd's last 3 projects. The songs sound amazing in my opinion. But this halftime show... just ain't it. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:
I feel like the vocals were fine, the setlist was "smart" regarding his chart hits, although the production seemed so confusing, messy and lacking energy from who really matters - the artist. Too much distractions with firework, dozens of backups, lame scenario... It just didn't work for me.

Also, that moment inside the "golden" room was totally unnecessary and again, distracting...

I'm a bit disappointed, but even tho I enjoy his music, I didn't expect much to be honest. 

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

:tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I think that it was good as we are in a pandemic and they had to follow some rules. Probably, in other circumstances it would have been better. But to be honest, i don't think people care that much this year because there is a pandemic and also Framing Britney Spears was released not long ago. Those are more important topics IMO.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block