Which Pop album should I listen to next?

What album I’ve been avoiding like the plague should I listen to next?   

49 members have voted

1. 1. What album should I listen to next?

• Positions - Ariana Grande
    • Evermore - Taylor Swift
  2. 2. Which album should I listen to next?

• Chromatica - Lady Gaga
    • Folklore - Taylor Swift
  3. 3. Which album should I listen to next?

• SAWAYAMA - Rina Sawayama
    • Hot Pink - Doja Cat
  4. 4. Which album should I listen to next?

• Plastic Hearts - Miley Cyrus
    • Smile - Katy Perry

This poll is closed to new votes

• Positions - Sorry, I tried listening to evermore and it just felt like another whole 1-2 hours of folklore which was already felt too long imo
  • Folklore - I like Chromatica, but I've noticed I have like 5 songs from folklore saved that I enjoy listening to whereas I tend to skip songs from Chromatica if it comes on shuffle
  • Hot Pink - Haven't listened to Hot Pink in full, but I just do not like SAWAYAMA. I've tried listening to it and literally couldn't even finish it. It is NOT my style.
  • Plastic Hearts - Smile is trash. Plastic Hearts has quite a few gems.
  • Love 1

Okay so for the first option definitely Evermore. I actually prefer this album to Folklore. It's a similiar style/sound as Folklore but it's elevated to new heights with this album. It's slightly more uplifting sounding than Folklore and has a few uptempo bops. HIGHLIGHTS: Willow, Champagne Problems, Gold Rush, No Body No Crime, Ivy, Long Story Short.

Having said that though, I enjoyed Positions (despite a lot of people on here seemingly disliking it). I think if you liked Thank U Next you'll like this album. It's a natural progression from TUN's sound. Obvs there's the trap-sounding songs (which I do agree with others Ari should probably ditch for the next album) but she also experiments with other genres too such as house, neo soul, chamber pop, disco etc. HIGHLIGHTS: Motive, Off the Table, My Hair, Nasty, Love Language, POV.

For the second option, that was incredibly hard but I went with Chromatica as it's shaping up to be one of my fave Gaga albums (just behind The Fame Monster). It's a return to form almost after the sound she explored with Joanne (don't get me wrong, Joanne is a nice album but it's not the sound I want from Gaga longterm). She does what she does best with this album and I love the 90s house influences on a lot of the tracks. HIGHLIGHTS: Alice, Rain On Me, Free Woman, Sour Candy, Sine From Above, Babylon. 

I still recommend Folklore though. Obvs I prefer Evermore but Folklore set the foundation for the indie folk sound Taylor has now explored and the storytelling on a lot of the album tracks was amazing. I also love the cosy, laidback vibe of the album. HIGHLIGHTS: The 1, Exile, My Tears Ricochet, August, Illicit Affairs, Betty.

For the third option, I haven't heard either album (dddd) but I've heard so many good things about SAWYAMA so I guess that one. I might have to check it at some point myself.

For the fourth option, I haven't heard Smile (although I do like some of the singles, Never Really Over and Daisies especially) but Plastic Hearts was a really solid effort from Miley, the pop rock sound suits her really well and I like the new wave/synthpop influences on some of the songs. The first half is deffo stronger than the second half but there's still some nice songs in the second half. HIGHLIGHTS: WTF Do I Know, Angels Like You, Prisoner, Night Crawling, Midnight Sky, Zombie. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Isla said:

Okay so for the first option definitely Evermore. I actually prefer this album to Folklore. It's a similiar style/sound as Folklore but it's elevated to new heights with this album. It's slightly more uplifting sounding than Folklore and has a few uptempo bops. HIGHLIGHTS: Willow, Champagne Problems, Gold Rush, No Body No Crime, Ivy, Long Story Short.

Having said that though, I enjoyed Positions (despite a lot of people on here seemingly disliking it). I think if you liked Thank U Next you'll like this album. It's a natural progression from TUN's sound. Obvs there's the trap-sounding songs (which I do agree with others Ari should probably ditch for the next album) but she also experiments with other genres too such as house, neo soul, chamber pop, disco etc. HIGHLIGHTS: Motive, Off the Table, My Hair, Nasty, Love Language, POV.

For the second option, that was incredibly hard but I went with Chromatica as it's shaping up to be one of my fave Gaga albums (just behind The Fame Monster). It's a return to form almost after the sound she explored with Joanne (don't get me wrong, Joanne is a nice album but it's not the sound I want from Gaga longterm). She does what she does best with this album and I love the 90s house influences on a lot of the tracks. HIGHLIGHTS: Alice, Rain On Me, Free Woman, Sour Candy, Sine From Above, Babylon. 

I still recommend Folklore though. Obvs I prefer Evermore but Folklore set the foundation for the indie folk sound Taylor has now explored and the storytelling on a lot of the album tracks was amazing. I also love the cosy, laidback vibe of the album. HIGHLIGHTS: The 1, Exile, My Tears Ricochet, August, Illicit Affairs, Betty.

For the third option, I haven't heard either album (dddd) but I've heard so many good things about SAWYAMA so I guess that one. I might have to check it at some point myself.

For the fourth option, I haven't heard Smile (although I do like some of the singles, Never Really Over and Daises especially) but Plastic Hearts was a really solid effort from Miley, the pop rock sound suits her really well and I like the new wave/synthpop influences on some of the songs. The first half is deffo stronger than the second half but there's still some nice songs in the second half. HIGHLIGHTS: WTF Do I Know, Angels Like You, Prisoner, Night Crawling, Midnight Sky, Zombie. 

Wow! I appreciate the detail into this and even if I don’t listen to the albums that lost, I will definitely listen to your recommendations! Thank you :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Positions, this album was actually not that bad :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Chromatica, but I think you should just let her go :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

Hot Pink, I had to pick one :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Plastic Hearts, open spotify right now :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

That’s what @Roxxy was telling me about Positions :orangu_orangutan_ape: maybe I should wait until the deluxe to listen to it. I’m going to wait until after Future Nostalgia: Moonlight Edition so that I don’t take away from my queen’s streams :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Urbanney said:
  • Positions - Sorry, I tried listening to evermore and it just felt like another whole 1-2 hours of folklore which was already felt too long imo
  • Folklore - I like Chromatica, but I've noticed I have like 5 songs from folklore saved that I enjoy listening to whereas I tend to skip songs from Chromatica if it comes on shuffle
  • Hot Pink - Haven't listened to Hot Pink in full, but I just do not like SAWAYAMA. I've tried listening to it and literally couldn't even finish it. It is NOT my style.
  • Plastic Hearts - Smile is trash. Plastic Hearts has quite a few gems.

That’s why I was regretting listening to evermore. I really liked the Dancing Witch remix of Willow, and was hoping there would be a couple more songs like that on the album. 

I’m so happy that Smile isn’t winning :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

By your poll: 

1. Positions 

2. Chromatica 

3. Sawayama. I don't like Doja Cat 

4. Ehhhhhh.. 

I suggest you Kylie's Disco :)

Seems like a lifetime ago you were yelling at me every day :orangu_orangutan_ape: I was going to add Disco to this poll, but it’s not an album I’ve been avoiding. I love that she collaborated with Dua 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
8 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

That’s what @Roxxy was telling me about Positions :orangu_orangutan_ape: maybe I should wait until the deluxe to listen to it. I’m going to wait until after Future Nostalgia: Moonlight Edition so that I don’t take away from my queen’s streams :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

You can do whatever you want :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: but you better not skip Plastic Hearts and that's all I'm gonna say :miley_cyrus_disco_ball_stare:

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

OMG @CrazyButItFeelsAllright so many bad options :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

Definitely not Smile or Positions :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

However, I do like Taylor's albums and Plastic Heart by Miley is actually good!

Oh wait out of them all Chromatica is the best one (i'm just a casual fan of Gaga so I think maybe you'll also think it's good as you know i'm not biased)

Yes I know there are so many bad options. That was the point :saywat-towelney: if Sweet Melody hadn’t changed my life and I had made this thread back in the fall, Confetti would’ve found itself in this poll :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: good thing that song inspired me to listen to the album and appreciate how it was one of the best pop albums released last year :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yes I know there are so many bad options. That was the point :saywat-towelney: if Sweet Melody hadn’t changed my life and I had made this thread back in the fall, Confetti would’ve found itself in this poll :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: good thing that song inspired me to listen to the album and appreciate how it was one of the best pop albums released last year :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

I love this:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I promise you though nothing good will come out of listening to Smile or Positions :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block