Serious Question for a Newbie - How Can I Help Britney?

Featured! This is awesome to hear, and I hope many others feel the same as you after learning about her situation.

One thing I’d say to do is spread the word as much as possible. Ask friends and family to watch the documentary with you. Recommend it to whoever you can. Spread the word about #FreeBritney. The more people that know about this, this more pressure and scrutiny will be on her situation, and the more likely justice will be served. 

Looking forward to seeing what other advice people have on how we can move forward from here.

• Love 8

Thanks, all!

I was wondering... what if we did guerilla marketing where we took over another celebrity’s page and flooded their IG live with #freebritney... to the point where no one could ignore it.  

For example - idk how many people could be coordinated.... but what if there were like 250 of us on one of Cardi B’s IG lives and we flooded the comments over and over with #freebritney.

Even if the celebrity didn’t acknowledge it, others in the live would notice it for sure. 

Just a thought!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, JH9157 said:

Hi - longtime lurker on this site for years but never posted... I just finished the documentary and scrolling through so many inspiring posts on twitter.

So inspired, in fact, that i want to take more of an active role in advocating for a change to Britney’s conservatorship and its eventual termination.

Problem is - I really don’t know how. 

Thoughts and suggestions? Is it petitioning local politicians, virtual rallies, etc? Whatever it is - i want to do it!

16844BF5-BE29-491F-A484-42ABF25F8CE8.jpeg

Raise awareness. Get involved with other people in the Free Britney movement. If you see something beneficial to Britney's side, say something. Share it.

4 hours ago, JH9157 said:

Thanks, all!

I was wondering... what if we did guerilla marketing where we took over another celebrity’s page and flooded their IG live with #freebritney... to the point where no one could ignore it.  

For example - idk how many people could be coordinated.... but what if there were like 250 of us on one of Cardi B’s IG lives and we flooded the comments over and over with #freebritney.

Even if the celebrity didn’t acknowledge it, others in the live would notice it for sure. 

Just a thought!!

Not really effective. I'd say we concentrate on the courts.

People are really not willing to speak up. The most chilling event we had was Courtney Love saying that she did try to gather a lawyer army to help Britney out, but every lawyer she spoke to was afraid to poke the hornet's nest. This documentary right now was the best recruiter in terms of celebrities speaking out anything other than "I hope Britney's okay".

Sound some advice in here! Definitely spread awareness amongst your own network as much as you can. That means sharing posts from credible/informed sources, encouraging people to watch Framing Britney or For The Record, bringing it up in conversations with your friends/family etc. Remember this is part of a much wider corruption of guardianship abuse in general, so educate yourself on that too. I recommend watching The Guardians documentary (directed by Billie Mintz); or the guardianship episode of Netflix's Dirty Money series as a start.

I’d say by showing your love and support for HER and not necessarily all the drama around her. Respect her privacy and most importantly LISTEN to what she has to say as she’s been silenced and doesn’t feel liberated. Read between the lines and think outside of the box if necessary. If you know Britney well enough, it won’t be hard.