Chase Benz posted a new Domination rehearsal video (without Brit)

11 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Oh god why am I not feeling a single Domination rehearsal video we've got so far? I know these are just snippets but the choreos seem a bit tasteless. It doesn't scream epic and that's something she's been missing on stage for quite some time now. Interested to see what she'll bring on the table once she's free and in charge of her life and career. 

I feel like it's because the new choreos keep focusing too much on the backup dancers :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

She used to be the center of attention, the backup dancers only either mimicked or mirrored her dancing:

Spoiler

slave-ca875172-972a-4b05-bbfd-9307e8dda36b.gif?w=480&quality=86&strip=alltenor.gif?itemid=14937434

Or they elevated the scene with having multiple routines happening at the same time, like harmonizing.

Spoiler

giphy.giftumblr_oo7w4aTncS1w48wlho4_400.gif

Now the choreos are more backup dancer oriented and it's hard to even focus on the main dancer because there's just too much movement going on. This is not even Britney-thing, this happens very often in new dance choreos :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

I feel like it's because the new choreos keep focusing too much on the backup dancers :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

She used to be the center of attention, the backup dancers only either mimicked or mirrored her dancing:

Hide contents

slave-ca875172-972a-4b05-bbfd-9307e8dda36b.gif?w=480&quality=86&strip=alltenor.gif?itemid=14937434

Or they elevated the scene with having multiple routines happening at the same time, like harmonizing.

Hide contents

giphy.giftumblr_oo7w4aTncS1w48wlho4_400.gif

Now the choreos are more backup dancer oriented and it's hard to even focus on the main dancer because there's just too much movement going on. This is not even Britney-thing, this happens very often in new dance choreos :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

You're totally right. They don't put Britney in the middle. Also, idk what's about having 20 people dancing behind you on stage. It doesn't do it for me 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

isn't like y'all's favorite song or something? why so many negative comments? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

it's one of my least favorite songs and still got me like :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I think that's exactly the point, since it's so many people's favorite song (myself included) we would expect a great choreography that made it justice. I wouldn't care if it was a song from Glory since they all sound the same :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

On 2/5/2021 at 8:11 PM, studlygeorge said:

The fan favorites were coming back. The fan service was going to be so real

I wonder if they ever started dress rehearsals? It doesn’t seem they did. Was the stage/set ever even built for the show? I know the stage was ready for Enigma but I mean like was everything ready for Britney? So weird

If I remember correctly, nappytabs tweeted that the stage/props was either being made or finished being made around the time the show was cancelled, I’m pretty sure they were supposed to start being on the stage soon the show was cancelled only like a month before it started so they had to have been starting soon

On 2/5/2021 at 8:11 PM, studlygeorge said:

The fan favorites were coming back. The fan service was going to be so real

I wonder if they ever started dress rehearsals? It doesn’t seem they did. Was the stage/set ever even built for the show? I know the stage was ready for Enigma but I mean like was everything ready for Britney? So weird

If I remember correctly, nappytabs tweeted that the stage/props was either being made or finished being made around the time the show was cancelled, I’m pretty sure they were supposed to start being on the stage soon the show was cancelled only like a month before it started so they had to have been starting soon

The set list sounded dope but most of the choreography didn't seem great. But Britney hasn't been known for her choreography since 2004. It's hard to judge a show based on rehearsal clips. I wish we could see concept art for the sets, costumes, and screen projections. It was directed by Nappytabs who did a lot of JLo's shows which were awesome so I have faith that it was going to be an awesome show. Maybe she'll use them again for her next project.

1.  OMG CHASE was involved again?????

2.  WTF... CHASE WORKED ON THIS HORRIBLE CHOREO? I EXPECTED BETTER FROM HIM.

3.  What the hell was this? They literally assigned Brit to just stand there and sway her hips and walk around?  It feels like the dance doesn't even match the song.  I haven't liked a single one of the choreos so far... I'm glad it got cancelled/delayed.

Once again, as the documentary mentioned... this is the main difference with old shows compared to her post-breakdown shows.... she's not leading the creative direction, which results in crappy choreo and no passion. Every move and direction had to get approved by her before, but now she barely has a say and they give her this crap.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:31 AM, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

You're totally right. They don't put Britney in the middle. Also, idk what's about having 20 people dancing behind you on stage. It doesn't do it for me 

You're right but this song was made to be danced with 20 people around, like a orgy :bieber_justin_smirk_weird: FOR EXAMPLE:

:yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I guess the girl that replaces Britney is doing absolutely nothing because apparently Britney herself was going to fill in the parts with her own choreo...? idk how to feel about this :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

• Haha 1
On 2/5/2021 at 6:35 PM, s&m said:

I really think Britney was into Domination, but it's just my opinion 

I think it's very possible that she was both into Domination as a concept but not into being the cash cow for Jamie anymore. 

She very well may have sacrificed something she wanted to put her foot down.

That being said, I'm sad that we may never see Britney perform again. If that's what she wants then I respect it, but she's one of the greatest entertainers of our time. To think she may really be done with it forever is just sad. 

2 minutes ago, ashdeez said:

I think it's very possible that she was both into Domination as a concept but not into being the cash cow for Jamie anymore. 

She very well may have sacrificed something she wanted to put her foot down.

That being said, I'm sad that we may never see Britney perform again. If that's what she wants then I respect it, but she's one of the greatest entertainers of our time. To think she may really be done with it forever is just sad. 

Britney has told us in court documents that she will not work again until her father steps down. So this opens a possibility that she will perform again

1 minute ago, s&m said:

Britney has told us in court documents that she will not work again until her father steps down. So this opens a possibility that she will perform again

I hope this happens. A childhood dream of mine to see her perform live someday. But her mental health is far more important.