Watch Thread: Framing Britney Spears (FX+Hulu)

Okay, I needed like six days to collect my thoughts on this before coming back on here & saying what I have to say on the documentary and the aftermath of it, etc. So bare with me if this is long... here we go.

So, I watched it over the weekend, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it and it was definitely worth the hype! I felt like there were a couple subjects that felt a little glossed over, specifically her relationship with K-Fed, but I'm glad they at least threw some tomatoes at JT for clearly being one of the key people that drove her to the path of destruction with the way he handled their breakup, trying to paint her as the "****/cheater" and him being the blue-collar innocent man, which unfortunately is how it was in the 2000s. Now, in this era & current time? People see right through it. Some of us already knew that's what he did, but now people are more woke. And I was side-eyeing that paparazzi dude the entire time. I can tell he feels apologetic, but that whole "well, she never told us to leave her alone" argument was SO invalid. But it was nice to see Felicia and other key players in this doc, because without them, this wouldn't have been as good.

As far as the stuff on her father & the overall conservatorship... Well, I mean, they pretty much nailed it. Her father, while he's not as bad as Marvin Gaye Sr or possibly even Joe Jackson, he's honestly no better than them. It's been obvious since as far back as "For The Record", they've never been close, nor has he ever looked out for her other than for financial reasons. All he sees when he looks at her is a money grab. There's a reason K-Fed & the boys, as trash as Kevin is, put a restraining order on him. He's a typical abusive, money hungry, southern man. I don't mean to stereotype, but that's just what it is. He clearly is still stuck in the 70s/80s and thinks what he's doing is okay, when it's not. ESPECIALLY when you're supposed to be giving your daughter the proper care & help she needs as her conservator.

So in closing, shame on JT (although I love his music), Perez Hilton, the paparazzi/media, and ESPECIALLY Jamie Spears, for what they've done to this woman. But besides that, I'm glad to see everyone, including celebrities & even media people, support this doc & Britney in general. She deserved this love and apologies YEARS ago, but at least it's happening now and maybe, just maybe, this documentary truly is a game changer. Let's hope within a year from now, February of 2022, we can maybe all say that we helped Britney and freed her from the madness. No one has ever said that she doesn't need help or the conservatorship, what we're saying is that she needs PROPER help. Which means, take her father out of the picture and away from her. Period. I will forever love and support Brit.