Watch Thread: Framing Britney Spears (FX+Hulu)

Just saw it now, where is her money btw.? I mean 60 million? 

It's so sad, after watching this and there is almost no way out of it? 

Is there any case where a conservatorship was canceled? 

I always remember, a post from a britney topic in 2008 and the user said something like: Well, now she is a robot, he said the sad truth. 

Like i now it's all business, but her recordlabel knows what's going on and still they are all okay with it, as long as she brings the money. 

Sad, sad world. 

#FreeBritney

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Isla said:

Finally finished watching. WHAT A DOCUMENTARY. It was so well informed and I think it’s a great piece of information for the GP who want to find out a bit more about Britney’s situation.

Looking back at the 2007-2008 footage with the paparazzi almost brought me to tears. The stuff with Justin angered me as well, and I think it goes to show that he’s been able to benefit from male privilege and let Britney take the blame for their breakup. Goes to show how much ***ism Britney had to put up with. I hope Diane Sawyer publicly apologises to her.

It was great to see what Fi had to say, but it’s sad Britney’s team basically shun her out since the breakdown. I think she really misses Britney.

I liked all the fan footage they showed, as well as the scenes from the protests outside of the courtroom. It was also nice seeing some of the throwback pics and clips of Britney from over the years.

Obviously there could have been more info shown, but they did a good job at presenting the main facts coherently and it was easy to follow. 

**** JT, the paparazzi and the media man

• Like 1

I just watched the documentary and I’m in tears right now. Felicia is the sweetest. It speaks volumes when you would think if her team wanted her to be “functional” that wouldn’t it be best to surround her with good people. The fact Fe got shut out like that is very telling.

I started crying and was so angry with Jamie though when that Jive record lady saying “I can’t wait for Britney to buy me a boat”.  It hurt me hearing that but I’m not surprised.

Also I agree Joe Jackson was abusive and hard as hell on his children. He forced all of them into show business and controlled their careers. Not even the finances, Latoya wrote in her book that she freely took $10,000 out of her own bank in the mid 80s. Joe let them do them and make mistakes when they were adults. The fact Jamie not only has control of Britney’s  career decisions but her finances too is psychotic and beyond over bearing is putting it lightly.

What smiled is how the documentary ended with Fe saying that Britney will tell her story one day. I hope this does happen. I was smiling but also crying. This was an emotional rollercoaster.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Buffybot said:

This guy wrote the truth. Emotions aside, the issue is way much bigger than Jamie.

how can we get more people -the GP- to read/see this? hugely important to get everyone on board and to start action! i dont want to see britney suffering any more years...its disgusting and im crying rn

• Like 4

I don't think her mom Lynne is a stage mom or has her own interests. I think she supported Britney taking her to all these castings because Britney really wanted this, you know? So she was like 'OK you want this, you got the talent, let's go'. If Lynne were a stage mom she wouldn't have go back to Lousiana to take care of Jamielynn, she would have stayed with Britney traveling around and having fun and also controlling Britneys' career.

And from what I read back in the day Lynne didn't want to be the conservator because she's a weak person, she has no proper knowledge of what this is about and the strong personality to deal with lawyers etc. it's a lot of pressure...and Jamie has more personality to do this **** and to be able to control her daughter, you know what I mean?

in the end Jamie ****ed up because he is not a good man, let's be real. Lynne can't save her daughter because she is not the right person to do this either. At this point this conservatorship needs to end because they transformed it into a business and that is NOT OK.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

correct me if wrong but one lawyer in the documentary who worked on britney's conservatorship, the asian lady (excuse me i forgot her name). she was interviewed by the documentary reproters and then she was rehired by britney's team for the conservatorship? maybe she was there to try to "defend" britney's ream? that sounded fishy

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I had to stop 3 times watching, I was shaking all the time. I knew most of the stuff they said, but it was still hard to watch. :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

Cship need to go. Jamie can't be the most wonderful man that noone can stop him. There should be people in higher position to step in and stop it.:pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

The women lawyer, was so annoying. And after wards she came back to work for Jamie again?...:bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

I love Felicia, I so hope she and Britney reconnect when it's all over. She clearly loves and cares for Britney. 

Also, anyone figured out if roses are all over the doc because Britney was keep mentioning it, or Britney was giving us clues about the doc?🌹🌹🌹🌹

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BabyD01 said:

The more I look at Britney and her relationship with Jamie, the more I am reminded of my current relationship with mum. Mummy is very emotionally abusive to me and my siblings and the worst part is that my siblings brush it off and anytime I speak up about it, they all shut me down and guilt trip me and call me ungrateful. My mum keeps insulting and belittling me over the fact that I am unemployed forgetting that COVID screwed everyone hence my current situation. She keeps comparing me to others and even acknowledges how slow I am forgetting that I have Dyslexia. She even spends my sisters' money on her stuff. One of my sisters is trying to help by teaching me how to be a better writer. I dunno why I am still alive or why I have not yet committed suicide. I guess Britney gave me the strength to keep on going regardless of my painful situation.

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

The rage and sadness I felt watching:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

It didn't reveal something we don't know. But it worked for general public. I'm pretty sure they found so much more. But cuz of NDAs and legal reasons they couldn't share. Unfortunately we r Britney's only voice. Everyone is else either ignorant, scared or under a NDA. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BabyD01 said:

The more I look at Britney and her relationship with Jamie, the more I am reminded of my current relationship with mum. Mummy is very emotionally abusive to me and my siblings and the worst part is that my siblings brush it off and anytime I speak up about it, they all shut me down and guilt trip me and call me ungrateful. My mum keeps insulting and belittling me over the fact that I am unemployed forgetting that COVID screwed everyone hence my current situation. She keeps comparing me to others and even acknowledges how slow I am forgetting that I have Dyslexia. She even spends my sisters' money on her stuff. One of my sisters is trying to help by teaching me how to be a better writer. I dunno why I am still alive or why I have not yet committed suicide. I guess Britney gave me the strength to keep on going regardless of my painful situation.

Stay strong you’re doing amazing coping with this :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies: Much love and respect :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BabyD01 said:

I'm sorry your dealing with this! Stay strong, where you are right now doesnt define your entire future. Remember "This too shall pass"

If you need extra help with writing etc i'm sure some of us exhalers can help. But,  your post is written extremely well and very readable!

Love You Hug GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

• Love 2
5 hours ago, BabyD01 said:

Please, stay safe! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: