Watch Thread: Framing Britney Spears (FX+Hulu)

I wish they had put in some clips of the many celebs who trashed her in 2007, like that POS Sarah Silverman, those people deserve to be called out on a big platform like this doco, id love to see that one day - sooooo many people owe her an apology. I’m definitely seeing lots of feedback of people shocked by how bad she was treated, which this doco showed but I feel like it still didn’t 100% capture how completely awful it was, they didn’t put in what, in my opinion, is  the saddest clip of Britney, where she is walking her dog and the paps swarm her and she just ends up sitting on the curb crying, that clip is devastating. They could’ve also mentioned how devastated she was after the divorce and her aunt passing away as these things contributed so much to 07. I understand they couldn’t get everything in but one day I’d love to see a big release that also mentions stuff like Original Doll.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, ClumsySpice said:

Sometimes I can’t help thinking it must be something with a stigma so strong attached to it and team con feels they have to keep that secret to their graves so they can continue milking her forever :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:  As much as I want to know the truth, I truly hope nothing about her mental health ever comes out without her absolute approval. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Who was it recently that was saying they knew what it was? Someone connected to Circus? Said there was a big reason for the c-ship but it didn’t justify her still being in a c-ship? Anyone remember what I’m talking about?

1 hour ago, ClumsySpice said:

Sometimes I can’t help thinking it must be something with a stigma so strong attached to it and team con feels they have to keep that secret to their graves so they can continue milking her forever :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:  As much as I want to know the truth, I truly hope nothing about her mental health ever comes out without her absolute approval. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Again that’s why I said that if that’s the case her being openly talking about it would be good for mental health representation. The stigma over those illness are really horrible, imagine a celebrity hiding a cancer nowadays, no one would hide a cancer, they would hide AIDS or a mental condition, which is really really sad

• Like 1

Finally finished watching. WHAT A DOCUMENTARY. It was so well informed and I think it’s a great piece of information for the GP who want to find out a bit more about Britney’s situation.

Looking back at the 2007-2008 footage with the paparazzi almost brought me to tears. The stuff with Justin angered me as well, and I think it goes to show that he’s been able to benefit from male privilege and let Britney take the blame for their breakup. Goes to show how much ***ism Britney had to put up with. I hope Diane Sawyer publicly apologises to her.

It was great to see what Fi had to say, but it’s sad Britney’s team basically shun her out since the breakdown. I think she really misses Britney.

I liked all the fan footage they showed, as well as the scenes from the protests outside of the courtroom. It was also nice seeing some of the throwback pics and clips of Britney from over the years.

Obviously there could have been more info shown, but they did a good job at presenting the main facts coherently and it was easy to follow. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

I wonder if Fe not being Britney’s assistant again was a Britney thing. Andre and others were allowed back. I think Britney might’ve felt Fe would report back to Lynne..i don’t think that was all team con. Britney was very upset with Fe when she spoke to Ruben from world of Britney. 

• Haha 1

I wish they spoke more about her videos and performances that made her so big! I’m shocked they also didn’t talk about the kiss with Madonna. She was slammed for that! 

And then all those other people who trashed her like Sarah Silverman. 

it would have been nice if they interviewed Carson Daily. He knew her so well and then it all changed because of her team. 

I would also like to add that interviews with fans would be a nice touch. I remember how kids bullied me when Britney shaved her head. They thought I was also going to do it. There were a few times that I would walk off the bus and guys wanted to beat me up because I like her.

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

I wonder if Fe not being Britney’s assistant again was a Britney thing. Andre and others were allowed back. I think Britney might’ve felt Fe would report back to Lynne..i don’t think that was all team con. Britney was very upset with Fe when she spoke to Ruben from world of Britney. 

I did wonder that. 

I felt like had Britney really wanted Felicia as her assistant she would have made it happen and they’d have brought her in to basically shut her up. Perhaps she had moved on in her life and she felt like Brett was a better friend for where she was at at that point in her life. I used to hate Brett but now I have a feeling she may have been one of Britney’s realer friends and not another people pleaser which she had a lot of around her at that time. 

I do think they are still friends now but it’s hard to judge as we don’t see a lot of Britney behind the scenes anymore. It’s sort of odd in a sense as you’d think they’d have more in common now as they are older and more mature but in actual fact the dynamic worked perfectly back in the day when there was a big age gap. The relationship has definitely changed though but that’s normal life we all have relationships with people that change over time. 

Fe was simply put apart because she was too good, you can see at her eyes, this woman is pure goodness.

Removing her was too strong, Britney would have been lost, they just changed her relationship and "power".

They definitely wanted her out of touch. Powerless but still present.

Brett was definitely not at her place, everytime we saw her she was anxious, lost and clearly something was wrong behind the scenes. I even saw her crying during the Femme Fatale show, I wanted to take a pic with her.

I mean, look at the documentary, she spoke without fear. She stand for Britney's good since 1997.

• Love 3

I think the only thing I didn't like about the documentary was that they only frame Jamie as being someone to not trust, when honestly I've been side eyeing Lynn for years. Yes, Jamie is **** and should no longer have control, but them glossing over what an absolute stage mom she was desperately trying anything and everything to make her daughter a star is strange to me. They were on the pageant circuit, every talent show imaginable, traveling super far. It's very obvious that Britney's success was the families meal ticket out of being poor. That doesn't just fall on her father, it should fall on Lynn as well. Her dad said his baby would buy him a boat one day, well from what I remember she bought her mom an entire mansion, and her dad stayed in their childhood home so they both benefited from her success. They also don't mention her mom writing a tell all about her? Or that she never stepped up to get her out of the conservatorship until her reputation was on the line and fans were breathing down her neck. Why did it take her over 10 years to finally step in? They both are sus as hell.

• Like 2