Watch Thread: Framing Britney Spears (FX+Hulu)

2 hours ago, Snesh said:

At this point I really want to know what the **** is happening with her health, like it is really the only thing NO ONE except from Britney herself and the inner conservatorship circle, what would it be that secret?? We have seen her evolution and ups and downs and obviously something has always been wrong with her mental health but the worse thing that could be is a bipolar disorder (?)

I think it really could be good for her and her mental state to openly talk about it and fight over the stigma around certain mental health conditions (well, more like ANY mental health condition tbh) and I want to know her opinion about it, is her team who wouldn’t talk about it?? Is really her who wants to keep everything in secret and we should just respect her decision??

Ring is the one that asked for more transparency and said she doesn’t want those hidden in the closet as a family secret we also don’t know if she’s allowed to even discuss the details of some of this stuff there’s so many and he is out there and so much going on and so much that we just don’t know that we don’t even have a clue she even has a mental illness nothings been confirmed besides there’s so many other folks like Mariah Carey Demi Lovato so many stars that have mental illnesses in there for you to live their lives this is just seeming to be a money grab and the money ploy so that Britney doesn’t get her money taken away when in fact her accounts been getting drained for years Via this conservatorship and her fathers terrible business dealings with tri star and flop Lou Taylor

I sobbed several times reliving the 2007/2008 moments.,,

And those headlines from 2003? Justin on the cover and they put “at least he was in her pants” ... wtf? Or that reporter saying if she could she would shoot Britney... my God... 

I really hope the cship ends! Yes, she needed that im 2007/08 but now, it’s just to suck money out of her...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, britneyluv said:

Totally agree. I think that by going so far back in her career to show how driven she was and why she became so famous in the first place while remaining a kind and humble person might have changed the opinions of people who thought she was nothing more than a robotic pop tart turned reckless party girl turned crazy tabloid fixture.

By the time the c-ship was brought up, the viewer was really able to appreciate why this kind of restrictive existence honestly cannot be reconciled with someone who clearly has more capabilities and mental faculties than we have been led to believe.

Back in the day when I was a clueless teenager, I remember thinking Adam Streisand was nothing more than a vulture trying to take advantage of a naive girl who was resisting her family's pleas to get help. But looking at the situation now as a 31 year old practicing attorney with much more knowledge of the law, I think he came across as way more credible than Loucifer 2.0 (the attorney who worked with Jamie and is now repping him again). Any respected attorney who does not want to get reported to the disciplinary board would never agree to take Britney on as a client if it appeared that she was incapable of choosing her own counsel.

It's also baffling that it's easier to get in a conservatorship than get out of it. If the whole point is to help someone who is incapable of making basic decisions for themselves so much that they need someone to remind them to eat and brush their teeth, yet this individual has proven time and time again that not only can they make these decisions but understand the consequences of their actions, how can the court be so cavalier about taking away someone's rights rather than giving them back? 

The whole thing was heartbreaking and I think perfectly got the intended message across :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

for me the real problem is that a probate conservatorship is grossly inappropriate for Britney. It's meant for non compos mentis people, so when the courts put someone under one, it's expected that the conservatee is on the way to death soon - or at least they're on an ireedeemable and completely debilitating health situation. So the part of being harder to get out than to get in makes sense, which is really a road block for someone who's not at all in a situation like that. The system was made like that because they only expect to receive dying people.

Even so, outside of Britney real, of course mistakes ought to be made. Elders being jailed like that just because a private conservator assumed they're incapable -- even if they're not. It's definitely something to be reviewed. The courts need more scrutiny.

• Love 7

I don't know if this has been covered so sorry if i'm going over old ground but it's just an observation I made;

When people we're being interviewed for the documentary they were sat in front of what looked like a hedge with roses. 

Project rose anyone? Could Britney could have orchestrated the whole 'Framing Britney Spears' documentary?

• Love 6
  • Like 3
Just now, davidspears said:

I don't know if this has been covered so sorry if i'm going over old ground but it's just an observation I made;

When people we're being interviewed for the documentary they were sat in front of what looked like a hedge with roses. 

Project rose anyone? Could Britney could have orchestrated the whole 'Framing Britney Spears' documentary?

Quite a few us have picked that up :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: I feel like it could be project rose!

There were roses absolutely everywhere and the ending being a rose too!

Some people do not think it is Project Rose, but idk I feel like either Britney asked someone involved in the doc like Fe to include Roses as a secret symbol or the director picked up on it from her instagram and included!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Nandomeurer said:

My brief considerations:

1. The wall of roses behind the speakers bloom when the fans are giving their depositions. There were a lot of colorful roses hanging on the wall in this moment.

2. The final part, when she smashes the soap, it is soooo meaningful! The idea of rebirth, changing shape, turning something into ashes so u could start fresh again. Or just simply showing us that the beautiful rose was just a soap after all, the same way she is just a human being, despite of her meteoric success.

Yes! I noticed both of these too. I really hope Britney was aware of this documentary and was truly saying something about it with #ProjectRose posts. (If she was giving us messages, it's sad that she cannot speak out about a documentary being made about her)

• Love 1

Just finished with my parents. 

I was in tears (unsure why as it was no new information) and my mother was shouting at the tv. She is certain Jamie is paying the Californian courts.

Very well put together for a non stan. I really hope networks pick this up and spread round the world. Has the potential to really pick up some traction. 

Spoiler

Ps- Billy at not being asked to speak about his bestie...

angry ron swanson GIF

• Love 5
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, britneydeepinmyheart said:

I agree, that one is like hours and hours long and very detailed for us stans. This one is providing info for the general public, so I can see why it's summed up into a shorter documentary. 

I don't know. I was hoping that they were going to do some kind of hard core investigating into the judiciary system. Interview the judge, doctors, or review more legal documents.  Instead, they performed interviews about hypotheticals and reaffirming that Britney wants out. I mean ... great .... but there was no back-bending journalistic investigation into anybody or anything. It was a cute puff piece in my opinion. The general audience know most of this stuff. I'm not really complaining. It's great the message is out there. I was would done a lot more exploring of behind the scenes stuff from the get go. 

• Like 1