Watch Thread: Framing Britney Spears (FX+Hulu)

The doc is like a worse version of For The Record, but without Britney in it. Too much victimization for my liking, too many cliché answers and too safe. It feels like they tried their best not to upset Lou Taylor or anyone of the gang of people involved in this c-ship .:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Either the directror used the roses or Britney is behind it/or just supports it.

I hadn't realised that roses were even used by the fans outside the court before. 

Thing is that all this is just so much Britney and her smart ways to communicate with us. I feel so sorry many of us were not really thinking of what was going on and our minds was just paperwork. 

• Love 8
  • Like 1
  • Leader
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Hi guys, I did a little summary!

I haven't added everything but let me know what else to add that i've probably forgot and i'll add it to the OP.

-They looked at her whole career

- They questioned how somebody who has gone on multiple world tours, been a judge on X Factor, have a successful 5 year residency yet still be in a conservatorship? The lawyer Britney tried to appoint in 2008 states that if she was classed as a 'high functioning conservatee' in recent court filings why on earth is she in a conservatorship?

-NYT's mentioned that they tried to reach out to Britney through her team to ask if she would like to be involved but they are unsure whether she was actually told about her their request as they had no response.

-They talked about the fan movement FreeBritney and the support it has had from Paris Hilton, Miley Cyrus etc.

-Jamie Spears, Lynne Spears, Britney's lawyer Sam Ingham, Jamie-Lynn Spears, Sam Lutfi (Britney's ex 'manager' from 2007-2008) refused to give interviews on camera so were not involved.

-Fe revealed when Britney was just getting famous Britney wanted to take out money from the bank and drive around her home town giving out $100 to everyone – which she did. Fe said Britney didn’t do it to say ‘Hi I’m Britney Spears’, she merely did it to say ‘Merry Christmas’.

-They revealed how Britney wants someone else to deal with her money and she wants Jamie her father to step down, but he refuses to step down.

-They brought up there is a restraining order against Jamie going near any of Britney’s sons after he ‘allegedly’ attacked one of her sons.

-They also mentioned how Britney welcomes the informed support of her many fans – basically stating how she supports the Free Britney movement.

-They revealed that Britney was supposed to speak AND perform at the announcement of Domination but instead last minute she was rushed through the 'announcement' and put into a car and drove off.

-They also actually mentioned in the documentary how Britney's lawyer has stated that Britney is afraid of her father and refuses to work until he is no longer in control.

-Britney's assistant Fe said she knows how much Britney is capable of so the thought of Britney being in a c-ship is confusing to her

-Fe also stated that for some unknown reason she was not brought back by Britney's team (Jamie) after the c-ship, she said she was hired through touring agencies and she was relegated to doing backstage tours and was not allowed to be back to being her personal assistant. She was unsure why they wouldn't hire her again to work directly with Britney 24/7 like she used to.

-Fe said she is only doing the documentary to remind people why they fell in love with her in the first place. Fe said she believes Britney would speak out one day and tell her story.

-They kept mentioning throughout with a lot of money involved you never know what the intentions are of the people around you and that it is VERY hard to get to speak to people around Britney as there are lots of NDA’s and people are afraid to speak.

-They said how we really don’t know Britney anymore, she can’t speak and anyone that has interviewed her over the past decade had to have questions approved and were kept a close eye on.

-The lawyer Britney hired to prevent the c-ship was in the documentary and he said how he believed Britney seemed of sound mind and she strongly opposed to her dad being her conservator, she would rather have a bank in charge. The lawyer stated that the judge made the wrong decision in not allowing him to represent Britney due to stating she was ‘unable to appoint counsel due to her condition’. 

-Jamie’s lawyer Vivian was in the documentary (We hate her) – she said in her experience in all cases she’s been involved in no-one has ever been able to get out of a conservatorship. 

-They included the voicemail from the Paralegal which started the Free Britney movement, the Paralegal was someone who allegedly worked for one of the c-ship lawyers and said how Britney was forced into a Mental Health facility against her will in mid January 2019 and was in there for 3 months.

-The documentary was heavily focused on how she used to have so much control and now she has literally no control at all and her dad and team make every single one of her decisions.

-The documentary also talked about how people used to inappropriately asked her about her breasts when she was 16/17 years old in interviews and always asking about her virginity - something that would not be okay

-There was big focus on how this conservatorship was labelled as ‘a hybrid business model’ in 2018/2019 and that it appears to be more about her wealth than Britney.

-They mentioned how her dad was an alcoholic and wasn't much of a presence in Britney's life and was in and out of rehab.

-Britney's former talent agent for when Britney was a child described her as a 'funny, sweet and talented little girl' - she stated how much she loved Britney and how she still does.

-      They included how Britney’s family was very poor and Lynne saved all the money she could to get Britney singing lessons and to do all she could to make Britney a success 

-      The Director of Britney’s former record label Jive revealed they wanted to market her as the girl with strength, the friend you idolise but at the end of the day has the same hopes and dreams you do. She also revealed Britney’s mom did whatever she could for Britney’s sake and for her family’s sake to make Britney a star.

-      The Director of Jive said Lynne really supported Britney and that she never spoke to her father, apart from once when he said ‘my daughter is going to be so rich, she’s going to buy me a boat’- she said that with disgust and said she will not say anything further regarding her thoughts on Britney’s father.

-      They talked about how much of a phenomenon Britney was when she came out

-      They talked about how much Britney was ***ualised and how the media would ask her about her breasts when she was only 16/17 and how they asked her about her virginity – something that would not be done now.

-      They talked about how everyone and the media painted her as the bad one when her and Justin broke up. How disrespectful Justin was after the break up talking about their *** life on the radio after their break up revealing she was not a virgin and how he ‘***** her’.

-      They showed how much Britney was mistreated by the media and how awful she was.

-      They even included the clip of people saying they wanted to ‘shoot Britney’ and Britney’s reaction to that.

-      Britney’s dancer from 1999-2004 talked about how Britney was in control of her career pre-conservatorship

-      They documentary focused on how in control Britney actually was pre-conservatorship.

-      They brought up how she was quickly labelled as ‘crazy’ and that there was not a focus on mental health and people made a joke about her awful situation and just cashing in on her.

-      They mentioned Sam Lutfi, Britney’s fomer ‘manager’ during 2007/2008 and how he was bad and included Lynne’s allegations that he controlled Britney and drugged her and crushed pills in her food during that time. They mentioned how they have an ongoing restraining order against him coming anywhere near Britney.

-      They talked about Britney’s Instagram

-      They mentioned the current court battles and how Britney now has Bessemer Trust involved.

-      How her mother is supportive of her being free.

-      They included the 2020 interview of Britney’s brother stating Britney has always wanted to be out of the conservatorship

-      They talked about how she was quickly working mere months after her 51/50 holds!

-      They did not mention Britney’s corrupt Business manager Lou Taylor (guess they didn’t want to get sued), they mainly focused on Britney’s dad Jamie.

Some fans this documentary was ‘Project Rose’ that Britney has been teasing on Instagram for a while now as there was Roses featured heavily throughout and the documentary ended with a video of Britney talking holding a Rose shaped soap. In the credits the background features Roses – something Britney has posted a lot about on social media. It could be something the Director picked up on and wanted to include or maybe someone close to Britney said to include it, it is personally odd to me why they’d end it with her and a rose if it didn’t mean anything…

OMG. Epic :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Nandomeurer said:

My brief considerations:

1. The wall of roses behind the speakers bloom when the fans are giving their depositions. There were a lot of colorful roses hanging on the wall in this moment.

2. The final part, when she smashes the soap, it is soooo meaningful! The idea of rebirth, changing shape, turning something into ashes so u could start fresh again. Or just simply showing us that the beautiful rose was just a soap after all, the same way she is just a human being, despite of her meteoric success.

I love that take on the soap. I actually interpreted it a little differnt. Her coming into the industry presented to us as a delicate flower who was ripped to shreds (her smashing it) but then ending it by saying "Fooled ya" as if she is saying im not as broken as yall think I am.

I'm probably thinking to much into it lol but it was so perfectly placed.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, BabyD01 said:

Saw this and I can understand where the lady is coming from. Definitely Lou and Jamie must have put pressure on them not to release this documentary. Yet they did.

Yeah. Everyone complaining ab how Deep Dive did a better job doesn't realize the difference between YouTube and the New York Times on cable television lmao :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Busybee said:

I love that take on the soap. I actually interpreted it a little differnt. Her coming into the industry presented to us as a delicate flower who was ripped to shreds (her smashing it) but then ending it by saying "Fooled ya" as if she is saying im not as broken as yall think I am.

I'm probably thinking to much into it lol but it was so perfectly placed.

yes! this too! I thought about the rebirth thing because Britney likes it, but we could interpret it in many ways!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

Oh ffs we don’t need this kind of negativity. This is the best thing to happen to Britney in a decade. Some of you are so ridiculous. 

Not to mention that the NY Times can only run information that is legally and factually accurate.

Jamie and Lou Taylor are particularly litigious, and the fact that Lou isn't even mentioned makes it clear that she's already threatened them through her lawyers.

And...there is no room for conspiracy theory in journalism. It may float on YouTube, but not in the mainstream media.

• Love 8