Watch Thread: Framing Britney Spears (FX+Hulu)

I liked it. It's an informative documentary for the GP. Also her conservatorship and JT's misogynist acts after the break up have never been discussed like this. The JT part made me really happy because it's unbelievable that he has been getting away with his vile behavior towards Britney for so many years. She didn't deserve any of that. She became a target for the media in a worse way than before since then. 

It was upsetting to watch all of those things that led to her conservatorship. I really hope that she'll receive more sympathy and support after this.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

The moment where she sends the **** YOU ALL at Domination presentation walking away. I was not aware she was meant to perform and all :O

Good for her for standing her ground and going onto a strike!

At the end of the day, the release of merchandise or limited edition vinyls or parfums are not very beneficial for her father and the rest of scum team. The main money of those go to the company creating them (urban oufitters, Funko Pop or Elisabeth Arden)

New recordings and new tours ARE the source of income that the C team needs and she is not giving anymore. Hope she has the strength to keep battling, this is like being bullied at work!

But was she really set to perform at the Domination announcement? I know they said it but this stage was tiny and she was wearing a tight beaded dress. That didn't scream Britney scale performance to me? 😅🙈

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Drunkerella91 said:

But was she really set to perform at the Domination announcement? I know they said it but this stage was tiny and she was wearing a tight beaded dress. That didn't scream Britney scale performance to me? 😅🙈

Same I’m sure that was never to be the case. Maybe they got their wires crossed with the infamous desert performance (which was never confirmed either)

For those who want it in the highest quality:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3TPI7UKUhClhAXAy18N_kdVIMoZklmL/view?usp=sharing

I'm posting it before certain website share and say it's an exclusive

credits: SHAREMANIA

Complete name : D:\The New York Times Presents _ Framing Britney Spears-1.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 5.21 GiB
Duration : 1 h 14 min
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 10.0 Mb/s
Movie name : FX Movie
Law rating : TV-MA (L)

• Love 4
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I found it upsetting to watch.

I'm five years older than Britney, so watching the parts about late 2007 and early 2008 was like re-living a nightmare.

When it was over I slammed my laptop shut and bawled my eyes out.

This doc could have been three hours long...But other than being two short, it was really well done.

Agree, I found it very upsetting to watch which I wasn't really expecting because we basically knew what would be in it, but I guess seeing it all laid out like that was very upsetting. The parts of her early career, even if I've already seen most of the clips. especially made me sad - she was so vibrant and full of energy and life for everything. I did love seeing them talk about how she was in control with most decisions etc. and not just a puppet like she was made out. I guess it made me extremely sad because we haven't seen this Britney in years and I get scared they've done irreversible damage to her with the hell they've put her through, thinking of what Courtney Love said makes me very, very sad. It's sickening a father can be a part of doing this to his own daughter, Jamie is a complete failure of a person and a scumbag.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

This was a rollercoaster ride :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

I thought NYT did a great job while remaining objective and not feeding into anything that was not 100% confirmed or the personal opinions of interviewees. As a journalist myself, I understand and respect that. :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

I do feel like this is project rose. Although it would be interesting to understand when this was recorded so we know whether the rose backdrop for the interviews came before or after Britney’s posts. 

Let’s assume Britney is in control of her IG to some degree as Cassie said and knew about the doc. We know Britney is smart and capable. There are some super out there theories about her IG (the help hat, 911 eyes) that I just can’t buy into. But there are other things in her photos and captions that make me feel like she is trying to sneak in some details about what she is going through or what she wants. Starting project rose on IG would be an amazing way to communicate without tipping anyone on her team off. They’re going to assume she’s keeping busy with some fluff photo project. I thought the same thing for a while. But now I feel like there’s more to it.

Is Britney isolated? Sure. But she’s not blind. I would find it very hard to believe that she knew nothing of this doc because I’m sure her team tried to shut it down. 

• Love 5

It was a good doc. That will help the GP understand more. I watched it with a friend of mine who is no Britney fan but even he was shocked by all that’s going on with her. 

as a fan since day one this made me tear up in some parts especially around 2006-2008.  They really showed how awful the media was to her with those interviews w/Diane sawyer and the way JT talked so negatively about her. I still can’t believe this was allowed back then. The questions that they asked her would never fly today.  Her team has miss managed her for so many years and sadly this woman could have had a successful and long-standing career. 

I hope this is just the start of the end for her. She really is one strong woman! 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

The 2008 document they mentioned a couple of times is the key, guys. We need to find that document because it's the main reason why she was first put into a conservatorship. And it still is to this day why she still is under this. No wonder Jamie always wanted ALL the documents sealed, he doesn't want people analysing and looking for potential mistakes. Someone needs to leak this, because if it's as bad as the dementia claim, **** is going to hit the fan :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

This was a rollercoaster ride :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

I thought NYT did a great job while remaining objective and not feeding into anything that was not 100% confirmed or the personal opinions of interviewees. As a journalist myself, I understand and respect that. :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

I do feel like this is project rose. Although it would be interesting to understand when this was recorded so we know whether the rose backdrop for the interviews came before or after Britney’s posts. 

Let’s assume Britney is in control of her IG to some degree as Cassie said and knew about the doc. We know Britney is smart and capable. There are some super out there theories about her IG (the help hat, 911 eyes) that I just can’t buy into. But there are other things in her photos and captions that make me feel like she is trying to sneak in some details about what she is going through or what she wants. Starting project rose on IG would be an amazing way to communicate without tipping anyone on her team off. They’re going to assume she’s keeping busy with some fluff photo project. I thought the same thing for a while. But now I feel like there’s more to it.

Is Britney isolated? Sure. But she’s not blind. I would find it very hard to believe that she knew nothing of this doc because I’m sure her team tried to shut it down. 

I think "Project Rose" is her attempt to dissolve the conservatorship...and this doc was a calculated part of that.

I also think Fe consulted with her extensively before this, and is speaking on her behalf.

• Love 9